Never doubt the Word of God!!!  - email

Never doubt the Word of God!!! - email

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
08 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
My point being: if there really is an omnipotent God, He wouldn't care much for our ramblings about what He would do or not.
How do you know? Perhaps She cares deeply, like a mother cares for her children.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
08 Feb 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
How do you know? Perhaps She cares deeply, like a mother cares for her children.
A child doesn't control the actions of its mother. You should know that... 😀

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
08 Feb 06

A child doesn't control the actions of its mother. You should know that...
It doesn't? Ha ha ha ha ha.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
08 Feb 06

It doesn't?
Not in the way you control Ronaldo while playing FIFA on PS2. The mother can choose to disregard a child's request for a healthy dose of strychnine -- which is what Stock was asking for.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
08 Feb 06

Not in the way you control Ronaldo while playing FIFA on PS2. The mother can choose to disregard a child's request for a healthy dose of strychnine -- which is what Stock was asking for.
I dunno...a Swedish mother might just hand it over.

LOL

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
08 Feb 06

LOL
Trust the Swedes. Ha. 😀😀

Moves
08 Feb 06

LOL
So you might conclude that God is not of Swedish descent😛

Moves
10 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Starrman
Originally posted by dj2becker
[b]Do you doubt the way in which the reaffirmation took place? I mean do you doubt that the Holy Spirit of God came down from Heaven as it did in a similar way that is described in the Book of Acts?

Yes, I find that people can enhance their experiences to coincide with their expectations quite dramatically. Wha that such practice, as with that of divination, clairvoyancy etc. is but charlatan chicanery.[/b]
Yes, I find that people can enhance their experiences to coincide with their expectations quite dramatically. What was simply a wind becomes the holy spirit.

So you think that a "wind" has the capacity to convict people of their sin? How do you think that I can enhance my experience that (someone would be convicted of their sin) to coincide with this expectation quite dramatically?

If there was a natural explanation for it that fell within the bounds of reason, then I would have to opt for that over a supernatural one. If there was no natural explanation then obviously, despite my curren lack of belief, I would have to acceed to the possibility of it. It depends what and how powerful the event was.

Do you have a natural explanation within the bounds of reason which explains why different poeple would be convicted of their sin when they hear the gospel of Jesus Christ? And then once you've done that would you explain why different poeple would be convicted of their sin without anyone preaching to them or telling them about Jesus? Could you please give me a natural explanation within the bounds of reason why these different people would come to a preacher and tell him that they need to confess their sin because they are on the way to hell and only Jesus will be able to set them free from their sin, without another person telling them this?

I believe people should follow their hearts' desires.

What if the heart of man were really deceiptful above all other things?

But I find the idea of missionaries distasteful.

How so?

Whilst you may not go out and demand they turn to your god, your pastor set up the site to effectively do just that.

A person has free-will doesn't he? No one demands that you turn to God. It is up to the individual is it not? The individual can choose to read and accept or reject something for themselves.

No I believe that either they did know and were lying, or had gained some sort of idea by association, ie: they had heard on the grapevine without being actually told.

So do you believe that lying and hearing something by the grapevine can cause you to weep and confess your sin?

My reason for asking was that I would suggest your offer of food and accommodation may have tempted these people to venture to you where otherwise they would not have.

You don't seem to understand what I am saying. Everybody gets food, not only those who are convicted and about sin. In fact the people who are convicted are willing to go without food by staying behind to make their lives right with God and to confess their sin while everybody else is going for food.

During my late teens and early twenties, I privately studied the occult in many forms, though predominately western magika practice, such noteable practitioners of what you would call witchcraft as Eliphas Levi, Aleister Crowley etc. From all I have read I still remain of the conviction that such practice, as with that of divination, clairvoyancy etc. is but charlatan chicanery.

What about Satanism? I have met many a Satanist that has been completely changed since the day they surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ.

Moves
11 Feb 06
1 edit

Bump for Starrman.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Feb 06

So is Berlusconi going to choke on a meatball soon?

"I am the Jesus Christ of politics," Italian media quoted him as saying at a dinner with supporters on Saturday night. "I am a patient victim, I put up with everyone, I sacrifice myself for everyone."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/12/italy.berlusconi.reut/index.html

s

Moves
12 Feb 06

Stock. Do you expect God to trade on your terms? He's not a teenager who will be thrust into a corner at your pleasure -- "prove me wrong - chicken".

You paint the dismal picture of a man standing on the railway line shaking his fist at an oncoming freight-train -- you don't have much to stand on.

My point being: if there really is an omnipotent God, He wouldn't care much for our ramblings about what He would do or not.
lol

You missed the point. In the first post there was something about Bon Scott singing highway to hell and then being found dead. Supposedly this was because God didn't like Bon very much.

So, I felt like ridiculing that post by challenging God and see if I were struck dead within the week, and nope... I'm still alive and kicking. So, I kinda proved that the first post is very, very silly. Sort of. It's childish of me, I know, but I smiled doing it none the less. 😀

s

Moves
12 Feb 06

Actually, I've been saying that quite a few times in this forum. Why do people believe that if there really is a God, (s)he would care much about us and whether we believe in it or not?

D

Lebanon

Moves
12 Feb 06

A child doesn't control the actions of its mother. You should know that... 😀
and mother doesnt neither.. it means theory of destiny and god tests dont match.

s

Moves
12 Feb 06

Trust the Swedes.
Absolutely. 😀

*Conveniently disregarding earlier communication between Hal and Boss*

s

Moves
12 Feb 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
So you might conclude that God is not of Swedish descent😛
Of course He's not. Bon Scott was born in Scottland and then moved with his parents to australia. So, despite his omniscient state, you could say that from an earthlings perspective he's a scottish aussie.

Halleluja!