1. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:09
    This is quite an interresting e-mail I received about 5 min ago. Half of the people mentioned here I have never heard of in my life, so if this is true or not, well, then I guess I dont know.

Never doubt the Word of God!!!

It is written in the Bible (Gatians 6:7):
    " Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Here are some men and women who mocked God:

JOHN LENNON:
    Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
    "Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about
    that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966)".
    Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

TANCREDO NEVES:
    During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500 votes from his
    party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

CAZUZA:
    During a show in Canecão ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: God, that's for you.

I can't even explain how he died.

THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC:
    After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it"

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

MARILYN MONROE:
    She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He is a preacher and Evangelist and the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.

After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said:

"I don't need your Jesus"

A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

BON SCOTT:
    The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:

"Don´t stop me, I´m going down all the way, wow the highway to
    hell". On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his vomit.

CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005
    In Campinas, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU",

She responded: ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE BOOT, COZ INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL"

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the boot was intact.

The police said there was no way the boot could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the boot was a crate of eggs, none was broken.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:24
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    BON SCOTT:
    The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:

"Don´t stop me, I´m going down all the way, wow the highway to
    hell". On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his vomit.
    Bon Scott was God. The real God, that cannot be denied. The christian God is a bleach imposter not even worthy to shine my knob.

I dare you oh mighty imposter, the one commonly referred to as the christian God. Prove me wrong by having me removed from this earth within the week or let the world know (well RHP:ers at least) that next to Bon you're a con.

Bon Scott rules!
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:25
    This is quite an interresting e-mail I received about 5 min ago. Half of the people mentioned here I have never heard of in my life, so if this is true or not, well, then I guess I dont know.

" Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he a ...[text shortened]... have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!
    Wow! I can't believe it! People die! This is amazing news, I must rush out and become a Christian immediately! It does stop you from dying doesn't it?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:33

" Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he a ...[text shortened]... have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!
    Thanks for sharing.

I see Gods patience with some mockers as a time of mercy for them to come to repentance. It's just a pity they don't always realise that.

The Italian dictator Mussolini shook his fist towards Heaven saying, "If there is a God let him strike me down right now." He laughed when nothing happened right away, but his wish was granted a few years later when he was killed.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:41
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Thanks for sharing.

I see Gods patience with some mockers as a time of mercy for them to come to repentance. It's just a pity they don't always realise that.

The Italian dictator Mussolini shook his fist towards Heaven saying, "If there is a God let him strike me down right now." He laughed when nothing happened right away, but his wish was granted a few years later when he was killed.
    What ever happened to your ID thesis? Welcher.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:48
    Originally posted by Starrman
    What ever happened to your ID thesis? Welcher.
    A good thesis takes time.

Patience is a virtue.

(I was gone from all forms of civilization for about 2 months, I'm back now...)
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:49
    Here are some men and women who mocked God: .....
    2000 years ago a man called Jesus claimed to be almost equal to God and guess how he died !

And by the way, if you actually believe in God then death is not a bad thing but rather a faster way to heaven!
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And by the way, if you actually believe in God then death is not a bad thing but rather a faster way to heaven!
    Death, the rapture accelerator...

"Death needs time for what it kills to grow in" WSB
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:551 edit
    2000 years ago a man called Jesus claimed to be almost equal to God and guess how he died !

The obvious difference you missed was that Jesus rose from the dead.

Death is a fearful experience if you die as an enemy of God - having mocked and rejected him.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 13:59
    (I was gone from all forms of civilization for about 2 months, I'm back now...)
    Where, pray tell?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 14:03
    Death is a fearful experience if you die as an enemy of God - having mocked and rejected him.
    It is even more fearfull once you realise that there is no God!

My point however was that I personally see no direct relationship between peoples beliefs, attitudes, statements etc and thier death rate. I know a number of good Christians who died young and some old "God mockers".
    To claim that there is a relationship between the quoted persons deaths and thier attitude towards God is nonsense bordering on blasphemy itself as only God knows why he takes or gives.

But mock AIDS and you are a gonner for sure.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 14:06
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Where, pray tell?
    The 'all forms of civilization' I was refering to was the absence of internet connection.

Actually I was about 120 km away from home. Visiting family and earning some pocket money.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 14:081 edit
    Actually I was about 120 km away from home. Visiting family and earning some pocket money.
    Doing what?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 14:14

My point however was that I personally see no direct relationship between peoples beliefs, attitudes, statements etc and thier death rate. I know a number of good Christians who died young and some old "God mockers".
    To claim that there is a relationship between the quoted persons deaths ...[text shortened]... tself as only God knows why he takes or gives.

But mock AIDS and you are a gonner for sure.

It seems you are well aware what it feels like to believe that there is no God. Are you sure the word 'fearful' is not rather a weak word to descibe your emotional condition?

Don't worry. The day you die you will see the direct relationship between peoples beliefs, attitudes, statements and the way they die.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '06 14:17
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Doing what?
    Careful! Curiosity kills the cat!

I was waitering at Picasso Restaurant at the Hilton Quarry Centre in PMB.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree