1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    But some are blind and can't find their way.
    And there are so many guides.
    Who is telling the truth?
    I know, I know. Don't worry- Jesus' teachings are not lost on me.
    The shysters will have to get with the go or be left behind. There is still a lot of scope for different expressions of the human spirit.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 07:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    I've always been honest.
    That is good to hear.

But I have been wrong too.
    We all are from time to time.

I've admitted that before.
    What I was looking for was an admission now so as to start the thread on the right footing. You started a few controversial threads recently and when it became clear that your initial argument was totally and irrevocably flawed, instead of admitting as such you chose to either make the claim that you were 'not getting through to us' or you simple went off and started another thread. This thread appears to be a combination of both tactics.

I guess what I mean by saying 'forget everything I ever said', is that nothing has been proven nor has anyone been persuaded to change their mind about whether there be a God or not.
    Well maybe that shouldn't be our goal. Maybe we should start by trying to communicate about the little things. For example in your recent threads such as "The Origin of God", I don't seek to convince you that there is no God, but I do seek to correct your mistaken view regarding what I or other atheists may believe. I expect you in turn to correct some of my mistaken views about your beliefs.
    But you seem uninterested in either unless a conversion takes place.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 01:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is good to hear.

[b]But I have been wrong too.

What I was looking for was an admission now so as to start the thread on the right footing. You started a few controversial threads recently and when it became clear that your initial argument was totally and irrevocably flawed, ...[text shortened]... out your beliefs.
    But you seem uninterested in either unless a conversion takes place.[/b]
    Mr. twhitehead, you are so right.

Much of what I post is flawed. I see that. I had an idea, and I tried to spell it out. I know what I was thinking, but the words seem to get in the way.

For example: "There is no God" is as flawed an idea to me as "there is a God" is to you.

Sir, what is your response to that statement?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 01:051 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is good to hear.

[b]But I have been wrong too.

What I was looking for was an admission now so as to start the thread on the right footing. You started a few controversial threads recently and when it became clear that your initial argument was totally and irrevocably flawed, out your beliefs.
    But you seem uninterested in either unless a conversion takes place.[/b]
    Mr. twhitehead, you are so right.

Much of what I post is flawed. I see that. I had an idea, and I tried to spell it out. I know what I was thinking, but the words seem to get in the way, and it's been going on now for over three years.

For example: "There is no God" is as flawed an idea to me as "there is a God" is to you.

Sir, what is your response to that statement?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree