1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 21:514 edits
    A new historical document written by Roman Historian Marcus Velleium has been unearthed. Apparently, Marcus was an eye witness to Jesus raising a lad from the dead. He referred to Jesus as lesous de Nazarenus, the Greco-Latin term for Jesus. Jesus raised a still born to life from a woman named Elisheba. Marcus says that Jesus looked toward the heavens, muttered something incomprehensible in Aramaic, and gave life to the boy.

The document has apparently been carbon dated back to that time.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/newly-found-document-holds-eyewitness-account-of-jesus-performing-miracle/
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 22:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    A new historical document written by Roman Historian Marcus Velleium has been unearthed. Apparently, Marcus was an eye witness to Jesus raising a lad from the dead. He referred to Jesus as lesous de Nazarenus, the Greco-Latin term for Jesus. Jesus raised a still born to life from a woman named Elisheba. Marcus says that Jesus looked toward the heavens, m ...[text shortened]... ldnewsdailyreport.com/newly-found-document-holds-eyewitness-account-of-jesus-performing-miracle/
    brilliant link, best website ever!!!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 22:50
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    brilliant link, best website ever!!!
    It is interesting. Even though Marcus was an eye witness, he was not converted.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 00:05
    He was Roman, what do you want.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 00:18
    Nor were other eyewitnesses to Jesus Christ's words and deeds: attests to God the Father's respect for human volition.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 00:23
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Nor were other eyewitnesses to Jesus Christ's words and deeds: attests to God the Father's respect for human volition.
    Were any of the books in the New Testament written or included in the canon by non-Christians during the period the Christians formed their breakaway religion and wrote and consolidated its literature?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 04:011 edit
    I once asked a lady colleague who I witnessing to, if she saw a person truly brought back to life in the same method as the biblical descriptions, I.e. In the name of Jesus, would she believe in him. She said no. I wasn't surprised; I believe (I think) faith is a god given enabler. It's just my opinion of course.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 06:40
    A new historical document written by Roman Historian Marcus Velleium has been unearthed. Apparently, Marcus was an eye witness to Jesus raising a lad from the dead. He referred to Jesus as lesous de Nazarenus, the Greco-Latin term for Jesus. Jesus raised a still born to life from a woman named Elisheba. Marcus says that Jesus looked toward the heavens, m ...[text shortened]... ldnewsdailyreport.com/newly-found-document-holds-eyewitness-account-of-jesus-performing-miracle/
    Does it say why J brought this baby to life but not countless others, by any chance?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 06:451 edit
    That's a spoof website you fool.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/slices/no-nobodys-discovered-new-eyewitness-account-jesus-miracles
  10. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 08:17
    This thread should be closed right now, and pasted to the top of the thread list, as an example of how wrong an uncritical mind can go. Whatever you read, how much you want to believe it, it never hurts to do some reasearch of your own before accepting it. Perhaps that's more important when you really want to believe it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 08:23
    Originally posted by C Hess
    This thread should be closed right now, and pasted to the top of the thread list, as an example of how wrong an uncritical mind can go. Whatever you read, how much you want to believe it, it never hurts to do some reasearch of your own before accepting it. Perhaps that's more important when you really want to believe it.
    whodey is infamous on the Debates Forum for posting untrue stuff, either knowingly or unknowingly, or for misrepresenting what is found at links he provides, or for suddenly declaring himself to have been "joking" when people cotton on to the fact that stuff he's been peddling is fake or untrue.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 13:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That's a spoof website you fool.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/slices/no-nobodys-discovered-new-eyewitness-account-jesus-miracles
    Well I'm not finding this any where else so perhaps you are right.

Too bad, why do people do this?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 13:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    whodey is infamous on the Debates Forum for posting untrue stuff, either knowingly or unknowingly, or for misrepresenting what is found at links he provides, or for suddenly declaring himself to have been "joking" when people cotton on to the fact that stuff he's been peddling is fake or untrue.
    Put a sock in it FMF
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 13:23
    Put a sock in it FMF
    whodey: "Why do people do this?"

Priceless.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 13:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    whodey: "Why do people do this?"

Priceless.
    FMF: "I'm holier than thou".

Beyond priceless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree