1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 00:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Funny how it always seems to be all that bad stuff coming in just a few years, preached by Paulists for the last 2000 years and yet when all is said and done, no big bad guy from the sky comes down and does anything humans haven't already done to one another.

The truth is, your bible was written by men who maybe THOUGHT they were being inspired by some ...[text shortened]... l otherwise.

I am sorry for your delusions. And the billions of the world in the same boat.
    Read it again. The strong delusion is for those like you. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 12:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Read it again. The strong delusion is for those like you. 😏

Well, my delusions helped get man on the moon. What does yours do? NOTHING. Only promulgating dissent.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 16:31
    Well, my delusions helped get man on the moon. What does yours do? NOTHING. Only promulgating dissent.
    Lots of us have worked, or still work, with very high technology fields, many of which cannot be discussed. Over my years, I have always thought it interesting that people are so awed and amazed by the achievements of man, when in reality everything we have ever done, cumulatively, is minimal in comparison with the creation of a simple flower. Further, we cannot "make" anything at all, period. All we can do is refashion things, elements, atoms, etc., from one form or thing into another form or thing. "There is nothing new under the sun..."
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 18:491 edit
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Lots of us have worked, or still work, with very high technology fields, many of which cannot be discussed. Over my years, I have always thought it interesting that people are so awed and amazed by the achievements of man, when in reality everything we have ever done, cumulatively, is minimal in comparison with the creation of a simple flower. Further, we ca from one form or thing into another form or thing. "There is nothing new under the sun..."
    Well for sure the universe didn't invent the internet or computers or spacecraft. Man did. You poo poo these things because we can't make a flower but you have to mellow that with the fact science is just in the baby stage yet. Come back in a couple hundred years, assuming we survive and thrive as a civilization that long, you may have to assume a different take on the situation.

Science is in the baby stage because of things like medical science where, for instance, my wife had both knees replaced with metal ones. That is a baby stage science. Sure it works, but the doctor said quite clearly any athlete who has knees replaced cannot go back to his or her old field whatever that may have been.
    My wife is not in that category but still, its a primitive fix.

It will be a mature science when the knees can be replaced by genetically rebuilding them totally with the patients own cells, renewing the cells rather than cutting them all out and putting in a metal piece.

I have no doubt that will happen, maybe it will take 50 years but I think sooner, 20 years maybe.

By the year 2100 I think we will be making artificial life forms and regrowing teeth or hearts from the inside, organs, blood vessels, brain tissue and the like and firing up our immune system to conquer cancer, Aids, and all those nasty viruses causing grief around the world.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 19:52
    Pride goes before destruction,
    And a haughty spirit before a fall.
    (Proverbs 16:18 NKJV)
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 19:56
    Well for sure the universe didn't invent the internet or computers or spacecraft. Man did. You poo poo these things because we can't make a flower but you have to mellow that with the fact science is just in the baby stage yet. Come back in a couple hundred years, assuming we survive and thrive as a civilization that long, you may have to assume a different ...[text shortened]... ne system to conquer cancer, Aids, and all those nasty viruses causing grief around the world.
    That is because God created man in His own image with the ability to create on a miniature scale. We are good at copying the works of our creator. 😏

7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 07:27
    There's that mindless zombie chant again.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 07:33
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There's that mindless zombie chant again.
    The Devil hates it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree