New evidence proves evolution true!!!

New evidence proves evolution true!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Dec 07
3 edits

Originally posted by rwingett
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7150627.stm

A key link in the evolution of whales has been discovered. Yet another bit of evidence for evolution. And, yes, you creationists, it is the so called "macro evolution" that you take such exception to.
"Remains found in the Kashmir region of India suggest the fox-sized mammal is the long-sought land-based ancestor of whales, dolphins and porpoise."

According to the liberal American perspective the world's population is divided into irrational people, called creationists, and "rational" enlightened people, the libs themselves.

...... such an exotic country, the US of A .... really .... 😛

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
21 Dec 07
2 edits

Originally posted by ivanhoe
"Remains found in the Kashmir region of India [b]suggest the fox-sized mammal is the long-sought land-based ancestor of whales, dolphins and porpoise."

According to the liberal American perspective the world's population is divided into irrational people, called creationists, and "rational" enlightened people, the libs themselves.

...... such an exotic country, the US of A .... really .... 😛[/b]
According to the conservative Catholic perspective the world's population can be easily divided into logical groups, the individuals of which all possess/follow the group stereotypes.

Also according to Catholics, buggering small boys is lots of fun.

Ivanhoe, you need to get over that.

g

Moves
21 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Also according to Catholics, buggering small boys is lots of fun.
Talk about broad-brushing! Probably less than .000001% of Catholics ever "buggered" a small boy, and probably about 99% of Catholics sincerely condemned the practice. It really hurts your credibility when you say things that are that silly.

Edit: I am NOT a Catholic, but I really hate to see a whole group of people wrongfully castigated.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
21 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by gaychessplayer
Probably less than .000001% of Catholics ever "buggered" a small boy
False. Several thousand priests have in just the past few decades.

www.bishopaccountability.org

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
21 Dec 07

...... such an exotic country, the US of A .... really .... 😛
That's the diachotomy? Liberal and Creationist?

No wonder the majority of your posts are cut-and-paste jobs. Those few which post original
material are downright moronic.

Nemesio

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
You see a couple of similar features in a creature that has as much
in common with a deer as anything else if it was really a living
creature at all, and call it a relative to a whale, and this for you is
observable science and evidence. Personally, seeing life and the
balance that we see through the entire universe to support life to me
suggests desig ...[text shortened]... hout evidence or
witnesses it is just that you have closed your mind to the possibility.
Kelly
We have a complete fossil bridge between species. It's not "just one fossil" but we have a complete series. Is believing that they were all living creatures so wrong? I don't think so. I don't think you have any evidence to the contrary. Do we have a mechanism? Yes, evolution by natural selection. It makes a prediction (gradual change). We have fossils which show gradual change. Logic and parsimony does the rest.

You have "goddunnit" as the answer to every question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
We have a complete fossil bridge between species. It's not "just one fossil" but we have a complete series. Is believing that they were all living creatures so wrong? I don't think so. I don't think you have any evidence to the contrary. Do we have a mechanism? Yes, evolution by natural selection. It makes a prediction (gradual change). We have ...[text shortened]... gic and parsimony does the rest.

You have "goddunnit" as the answer to every question.
You have a complete bridge, show me!
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by rwingett
Seeing is believing. Although I have not seen this particular creature, I can go into any natural history museum across the country and see a plethora of other physical artifacts that have been wrought by evolution. The evidence is right there to be seen. It requires only observation, not faith. In fact, it takes an incredible amount of faith to deny the validity of the evidence.
You can see physical artifcasts, that is what you see, you claim they
were 'wrought by evolution' and between your ears you are right.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Dec 07

"Remains found in the Kashmir region of India [b]suggest the fox-sized mammal is the long-sought land-based ancestor of whales, dolphins and porpoise."

...... such an exotic country, the US of A .... really .... 😛[/b]
You think a fox size creature is an ancestor of whales due to some
thing about the shape of it's head. Really, think about that for a
moment! You don't think it could also just be another creture and
not have anything to do with either a fox, deer, or a whale just as
easily?
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
You think a fox size creature is an ancestor of whales due to some
thing about the shape of it's head. Really, think about that for a
moment! You don't think it could also just be another creture and
not have anything to do with either a fox, deer, or a whale just as
easily?
Kelly
Did you complete a grade of school higher than Jethro? Or were you just too lazy to actually read the linked article?

g

Moves
21 Dec 07

One of the world's leading evolutionary biologists, the late Dr. Steven J. Gould, postulated his "punctuated equilibriam(sic)" theory because his careful examination of the fossil record lead him to believe that the Darwinian model of "gradualism" was unsupportable.

I'm not trying to argue against evolution per se, I'm just trying to point out that scientists can even disagree over what constitutes a "gap."

g

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Did you complete a grade of school higher than Jethro? Or were you just too lazy to actually read the linked article?
One can of course agree or disagree with KellyJay, but he or she is obviously very articulate and intelligent. Your ad hominem attack doesn't help this discussion move forward, IMO.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by gaychessplayer
One can of course agree or disagree with KellyJay, but he or she is obviously very articulate and intelligent. Your ad hominem attack doesn't help this discussion move forward, IMO.
Do you really think this discussion will move forward without the ad hominems?

S

Moves
21 Dec 07

God may have created the world to appear to be the result of evolution to test our faith, eh?
The Biblical account could be part of the (dare I say it) deception.

s

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
God may have created the world to appear to be the result of evolution to test our faith, eh?
The Biblical account could be part of the (dare I say it) deception.
You are mistaken. It is the Flying Spagetti Monster that alters test results etc by touching them with his noodly appendage. Evidence for the FSM (and the fact that lack of Pirates is the real reason for Global Warming) can be found on the FSM website.