1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    20 Dec '07 11:45
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7150627.stm

    A key link in the evolution of whales has been discovered. Yet another bit of evidence for evolution. And, yes, you creationists, it is the so called "macro evolution" that you take such exception to.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    59422
    20 Dec '07 13:07
    Originally posted by rwingett
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7150627.stm

    A key link in the evolution of whales has been discovered. Yet another bit of evidence for evolution. And, yes, you creationists, it is the so called "macro evolution" that you take such exception to.
    Don't you believe it, RW. Jesus is just testing your faith in him.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    20 Dec '07 14:05
    Originally posted by rwingett
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7150627.stm

    A key link in the evolution of whales has been discovered. Yet another bit of evidence for evolution. And, yes, you creationists, it is the so called "macro evolution" that you take such exception to.
    The theory of evolution will continue to evolve and change. 1000 years from now people will laugh at what we believed today.
  4. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Joined
    05 Nov '07
    Moves
    6631
    20 Dec '07 14:56
    Originally posted by Red Night
    1000 years from now people will laugh at what we believed today.
    an unverifiable assertion, as is 'God exists' or 'God doesn't exist'.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148421
    20 Dec '07 15:09
    Originally posted by rwingett
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7150627.stm

    A key link in the evolution of whales has been discovered. Yet another bit of evidence for evolution. And, yes, you creationists, it is the so called "macro evolution" that you take such exception to.
    Impressive you think that turned into a whale.
    Kelly
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    20 Dec '07 15:35
    Originally posted by Red Night
    The theory of evolution will continue to evolve and change. 1000 years from now people will laugh at what we believed today.
    It's only tinkering from here on out. Fine tuning dates and and filling in holes. The adjustments will get smaller and smaller as time goes on.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    20 Dec '07 15:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Impressive you think that turned into a whale.
    Kelly
    Not 'it' per se, but it's ancestors. Slowly, over long, long periods of time and numerous generations.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148421
    20 Dec '07 15:41
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Not 'it' per se, but it's ancestors. Slowly, over long, long periods of time and numerous generations.
    You are a person of strong faith and mighty beliefs.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    20 Dec '07 15:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You are a person of strong faith and mighty beliefs.
    Kelly
    Yes, he believes readily observable things, backed by evidence, to be true.

    You believe a magic man, with no evidence whatsoever, did it.
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Joined
    05 Mar '02
    Moves
    32455
    20 Dec '07 16:01
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You are a person of strong faith and mighty beliefs.
    Yes, he finds a confluence of incontrovertible data which points to a single, logical conclusion
    is the most rational thing into which to base his beliefs rather than unlikely conclusions unsupported
    by anything he can observe.

    Nemesio
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148421
    20 Dec '07 16:06
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Yes, he believes readily observable things, backed by evidence, to be true.

    You believe a magic man, with no evidence whatsoever, did it.
    You see a couple of similar features in a creature that has as much
    in common with a deer as anything else if it was really a living
    creature at all, and call it a relative to a whale, and this for you is
    observable science and evidence. Personally, seeing life and the
    balance that we see through the entire universe to support life to me
    suggests design, and my personal experiences and that of others I
    know also point to God being real, it isn’t without evidence or
    witnesses it is just that you have closed your mind to the possibility.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148421
    20 Dec '07 16:08
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Yes, he finds a confluence of incontrovertible data which points to a single, logical conclusion
    is the most rational thing into which to base his beliefs rather than unlikely conclusions unsupported
    by anything he can observe.

    Nemesio
    So if there is a feature in the head that is close to a whale in some
    fashion that is incontrovertible data in your opinion that it must be
    related to a whale. Care to buy a bridge cheap?
    Kelly
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    20 Dec '07 16:43
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You are a person of strong faith and mighty beliefs.
    Kelly
    Seeing is believing. Although I have not seen this particular creature, I can go into any natural history museum across the country and see a plethora of other physical artifacts that have been wrought by evolution. The evidence is right there to be seen. It requires only observation, not faith. In fact, it takes an incredible amount of faith to deny the validity of the evidence.
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    20 Dec '07 17:20
    Originally posted by Red Night
    The theory of evolution will continue to evolve and change. 1000 years from now people will laugh at what we believed today.
    I don't laugh at what Darwin believed. I simply recognize that the scientific community hadn't had any time to refine his ideas.
  15. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    20 Dec '07 17:241 edit
    I don't like the way this was presented. They say it's "THE missing link" when in fact there is no single missing link. There are simply refinements to be made. We'll never have a complete fossil set of every organism who ever lived who was in the ancestral chain of modern whales.

    Similarly, this new bit of evidence does not "prove" evolution true. It supports it, that's all.
Back to Top