1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:53
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    I'm starting the read the "Dummies" book on Buddhism (I'm ready for all the wise cracks) so I'm really interested in this. I've not gotten much into my book yet but I believe you are referring to Zen Buddhism, right? If so, there is no central deity at it? I dig that too.

So do you consider yourself a Buddhist? I'm not saying you implied that but I am just curious?
    No, I am not a Buddhist.
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Buddhism (although they have practically deified the Buddha) was originally an atheistic religion.
    That has some truth to it but it's not entirely so. There are many practitioners who understand that the buddha was awakened but not a deity. As to their number or percentage of the whole of buddhist practitioners, I do not know.

It is also not an atheistic religion. The buddha declined comment on supreme deities and kept to so-called 'noble silence' when pressed on the matter.
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:57
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, I am not a Buddhist.
    Okay, I think I kind of dig the whole idea of this thing not having a deity. Should it have just some guy or nobody? George Carlin once created a religion devoted to Joe Pesci.

I like the whole reincarnation thing too. I guess that's what is holding me back from being Atheist. The idea of dying and that's it. Anyway, sorry to be a downer. Anything else?
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:03
    The hellenic sense of reincarnation :

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/7773/eea7c.html

Budhism reincarnation sense :

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/tibet/reincarnation.htm

Other ideas :

http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation.html

Gather what you can, and choose which parts you want included here.

Nyxie
  5. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:06
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    The hellenic sense of reincarnation :

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/7773/eea7c.html

Other ideas :

http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation.html

Gather what you can, and choose which parts you want included here.

Nyxie
    Cool, thanks Nyxie 😏 If we write a Bible, how many chapters do you want? Same goes for anyone else who is not a loser.
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:09
    Cool, thanks Nyxie 😏 If we write a Bible, how many chapters do you want? Same goes for anyone else who is not a loser.
    I find being called a loser much more offensive than hearing your beliefs about life after death. Should I petition to get you booted to your own forum where you can talk amongst yourselves?
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:11
    There is'nt much point in my writing any parts of a bible. I was just tying to help you in the early stages of your develpment.

Maybe you should try the nordic warrior belief system, it's very similiar to the klingon beliefs from star trek. In fact that's where they (star trek) stole most of it from.

Nyxie
    the Valkyrja
  8. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:13
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I find being called a loser much more offensive than hearing your beliefs about life after death. Should I petition to get you booted to your own forum where you can talk amongst yourselves?
    What do you mean "yourselves"? I don't remember anyone in this thread calling you a loser. If joe meant you then you mean him, not "us".

Nyxie
  9. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:141 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Hey there Apple Blossom!!!

I don't think I directly called you a "loser" but if that's how you interpreted so be it. Get offended, defended, upended...do what you want. Sure go ahead alert the mod. Like I said in my initial post, I don't care if this gets shut down. It's my religion and I'm in the right forum so bl0w me. 😛

Anything to set you off is my goal....I know you can't be studying right now.
  10. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:16
    What do you mean "yourselves"? I don't remember anyone in this thread calling you a loser. If joe meant you then you mean him, not "us".

Nyxie
    See I really don't want him in my religion. He's icky. In case this gets shut down, it's been a slice of apple pie 😲
  11. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:20
    See I really don't want him in my religion. He's icky. In case this gets shut down, it's been a slice of apple pie 😲
    Judging by your personality I think you shold give the warrior belief system a try. It does'nt hold well for apolegetics.

Nyxie
  12. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:20
    There is'nt much point in my writing any parts of a bible. I was just tying to help you in the early stages of your develpment.

Maybe you should try the nordic warrior belief system, it's very similiar to the klingon beliefs from star trek. In fact that's where they (star trek) stole most of it from.

Nyxie
    the Valkyrja
    I didn't know that about the Nordics and the Klingon tie in, interesting. I understand about the bible thing. It's going to take a great deal of work. So you are into the whole Valkrye thing? That's cool. Is Valkrye and the Valkryja the same thing?
  13. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:23
    Judging by your personality I think you shold give the warrior belief system a try. It does'nt hold well for apolegetics.

Nyxie
    Well going strictly from viewing Star Trek (the movies and the various TV shows) I would guess The Nordic Warrior code is based upon honor, similiar to the samurai, right? I'm kind of a wuss though and don't know how well I would do in something like that but I will check it out.
  14. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:26

As the buddha never made mention of a soul, much less of his having one, I think this link is a bit misguided.

I do understand though that you folks' new religion doesn't require accuaracy. Or anything else. Except money, perhaps. 😀
  15. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:35
    Originally posted by eagles54
    As the buddha never made mention of a soul, much less of his having one, I think this link is a bit misguided.

I do understand though that you folks' new religion doesn't require accuaracy. Or anything else. Except money, perhaps. 😀
    I stand corrected, I am not a buddhist either. He mentioned reincarnation as a possible tie in for his new religion so I thought I might give different links that showed certain ways of looking at it. They were only intended as a way to spur new ideas,I did'nt have time to research every word in the links. I apoligize to any buddhists.

Nyxie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree