1. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:39
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    I didn't know that about the Nordics and the Klingon tie in, interesting. I understand about the bible thing. It's going to take a great deal of work. So you are into the whole Valkrye thing? That's cool. Is Valkrye and the Valkryja the same thing?
    I would say the simplest way to explain it is the valkyrja is the old nordic spelling, it's still pronounced valkyrie. I use it to signify the singular, as in I am the first, or the leader of the valkyrie storm.

There are many different battlefields, we chose the ones we fight. Perhaps you chose to duel with words or with the chess pieces, or with books, but as long as you hold yourself to a personal code, you are in the spirit of it. the way of the warrior is not battle but rather honor.

Nyxie

2. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:41
    Originally posted by eagles54
    As the buddha never made mention of a soul, much less of his having one, I think this link is a bit misguided.

I do understand though that you folks' new religion doesn't require accuaracy. Or anything else. Except money, perhaps. 😀
    Thanks Eagles54. I'm also reading the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" right now. Have you heard of it or read it? You seem pretty knowledgeable on this subject so I was just wondering if you had any insight?

Accuracy is indeed forbidden in this religion (we need to come up with a name for it). Money is, of course, needed. Lots and lots of it so we can heal people at strip clubs or wherever.
  3. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 23:53
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Thanks Eagles54. I'm also reading the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" right now. Have you heard of it or read it? You seem pretty knowledgeable on this subject so I was just wondering if you had any insight?
    I have heard of it but haven't read it. I have insight on how to make peoples' jaws tight but none for anything useful. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree