1. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:31
    With full expectations of this being shut down any second, I invite anyone to partake in my new religion. It's designed for Atheists (I know, I know it's not your bag) and Agnostics. We'll make up our verse on the fly and no idea is a bad one (except if it's from well....we all know who). If anyone has an idea of an afterlife that sounds good throw it out there. We invite the people we don't like to post but you will most likely be ridiculed here too. We just don't you to feel left out.
    Enjoy and whatever deity you subcribe to or not, bless
    😛
  2. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:33
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    With full expectations of this being shut down any second, I invite anyone to partake in my new religion. It's designed for Atheists (I know, I know it's not your bag) and Agnostics. We'll make up our verse on the fly and no idea is a bad one (except if it's from well....we all know who). If anyone has an idea of an afterlife that sounds good throw i ...[text shortened]... We just don't you to feel left out.
    Enjoy and whatever deity you subcribe to or not, bless
    😛
    Why do you need a new religion?
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:36
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Why do you need a new religion?
    Ummm good question. I don't but I thought it was fun to do. I don't really have a religion being agnostic. I just it would be fun to create one that didn't discriminate.
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:37
    Ummm good question. I don't but I thought it was fun to do. I don't really have a religion being agnostic. I just it would be fun to create one that didn't discriminate.
    Ok who are we trying not to discriminate against? You might try your hand at the old celtic or even pagan religions.

Nyxie
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:37
    I just it would be fun to create one that didn't discriminate.
    Then the first tenet should be, "Thou shalt not banish your opposition to a separate forum."
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:38
    It would have to be a non-theistic religion.
  7. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:39
    Ok who are we trying not to discriminate against? You might try your hand at the old celtic or even pagan religions.

Nyxie
    Well I guess we are trying not to discriminate against anybody except for the weenies that have discriminated against us. I don't know much about the pagan or celtic religions but they sound like a good starting place. Any ideas?
  8. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:40
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Then the first tenet should be, "Thou shalt not banish your opposition to a separate forum."
    I second this, it seems we have our first mandate.

Also as a second I submit that we not hold our hands over our ears and go "la lalalalala" while our opposition tries to make their points.

As our third I submit that we not use " our religion is better because" stances in our arguments.

Nyxie
    the Valkyrja
  9. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:41
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Fair enough but then should the second or third or maybe twentieth tenet be, "Thou shalt not beat innocent bystanders over the head with their doggie-poo dogma?"

10. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:42
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It would have to be a non-theistic religion.
    Right. Okay. If that's the case what do you suggest? I know you are atheist so this whole exercise for you is probably uninspiring but it can't be anymore uninspiring then the rest of the spew in here, right?
  11. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:44
    I second this, it seems we have our first mandate.

Also as a second I submit that we not hold our hands over our ears and go "la lalalalala" while our opposition tries to make their points.

As our third I submit that we not use " our religion is better because" stances in our arguments.

Nyxie
    the Valkyrja
    Ooh, I think we are on a roll now. This is good. I agree with this 3 tenets so far.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:47
    Right. Okay. If that's the case what do you suggest? I know you are atheist so this whole exercise for you is probably uninspiring but it can't be anymore uninspiring then the rest of the spew in here, right?
    Not at all. Religions do not require gods. Buddhism (although they have practically deified the Buddha) was originally an atheistic religion.
  13. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:50
    Not at all. Religions do not require gods. Buddhism (although they have practically deified the Buddha) was originally an atheistic religion.
    But I think they do believe in reincarnation and life after death.

Nyxie
  14. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:51
    I'm starting the read the "Dummies" book on Buddhism (I'm ready for all the wise cracks) so I'm really interested in this. I've not gotten much into my book yet but I believe you are referring to Zen Buddhism, right? If so, there is no central deity at it? I dig that too.

So do you consider yourself a Buddhist? I'm not saying you implied that but I am just curious?
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Mar '05 22:52
    But I think they do believe in reincarnation and life after death.

Nyxie
    I am not endorsing Buddhism. I was just giving an example of a religion that does not require a god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree