03 Nov '11 20:01
    I think "1st RJH's congregation of 1 and only 1"
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 21:28
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I think "1st RJH's congregation of 1 and only 1"
    I think if we were to delve deeply enough into any theist's theism, we'd find it to be unique to that theist. And why not?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 22:22
    Originally posted by JS357
    I think if we were to delve deeply enough into any theist's theism, we'd find it to be unique to that theist. And why not?
    clearly we are all unique and yet all the very similar at the same time. Another paradox...
    We are all enigmas, most definately.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 22:45
    I think if we were to delve deeply enough into any theist's theism, we'd find it to be unique to that theist.
    And why not?
    I am sure you are right that if you were to delve deep enough into theists theism it would be unique.

The problem with that is that if god were real, and actually talked to people it wouldn't be unique,
    everyone's experience of god and religion would be the same.

The fact that everyone's version of god is different is evidence that none of them is actually based on
    an actual being, but rather that individuals conceptions moulded by their interactions with society.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 01:34
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I am sure you are right that if you were to delve deep enough into theists theism it would be unique.

The problem with that is that if god were real, and actually talked to people it wouldn't be unique,

The fact that everyone's version of god is different is evidence that none of them i ...[text shortened]... al being, but rather that individuals conceptions moulded by their interactions with society.
    Well, to my way of thinking it suggests that we should not rely on another human to tell us what their deity is really like, including whether the deity is existent. It seems to me that coming to believe in one's deity has to be a personal experience. Then, I would imagine that a person who has had such an experience, would know better than to tell other people what to believe about that deity.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 05:23

The fact that everyone's version of god is different is evidence that none of them i ...[text shortened]... al being, but rather that individuals conceptions moulded by their interactions with society.
    Maybe just one of them is right?
    😉
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 06:12

God only talks to a few people. If no one believes them, the word of God
    will not be passed along. And before you ask, I do not know why God
    only talks to a few people.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 07:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do.
    Its called schizophrenia and most of us dont have it.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 07:191 edit
    It seems to me that coming to believe in one's deity has to be a personal experience.
    Suggesting that such a deity is not an existent entity but rather an imaginary entity conceived due to an experience.
    Surely if something actually exists then its effects can affect more than one person? Unless you believe each persons soul exists in its own unique universe/dimension with a unique set of ghosts/gods/supernatural entities in each universe?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Suggesting that such a deity is not an existent entity but rather an imaginary entity conceived due to an experience.
    Surely if something actually exists then its effects can affect more than one person? Unless you believe each persons soul exists in its own unique universe/dimension with a unique set of ghosts/gods/supernatural entities in each universe?
    I believe there may be more dimensions than we are commonly aware of,
    however, I believe God has made only one universe because I see no need
    for more than one, and besides, this universe is vastly beyond our ability to
    explore.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 18:08
    I believe there may be more dimensions than we are commonly aware of,
    however, I believe God has made only one universe because I see no need
    for more than one, and besides, this universe is vastly beyond our ability to
    explore.
    One of the questions I'd think you might have about other universes is whether God created creatures like Adam and Eve there, and whether they sinned like Adam and Eve did. But that could also be a question about other planets in this universe of ours.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 22:35
    One of the questions I'd think you might have about other universes is whether God created creatures like Adam and Eve there, and whether they sinned like Adam and Eve did. But that could also be a question about other planets in this universe of ours.
    I do not need to ask such silly questions for I have no reason to believe
    God created but one universe.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 23:11

Then we are almost on the same page. You believe one more universe was created by God, than I do. 🙂
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 23:35
    [b]I do not need to ask such silly questions for I have no reason to believe

Then we are almost on the same page. You believe one more universe was created by God, than I do. 🙂[/b]
    Okay, have we then established in both our minds that there is one universe?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Nov '11 00:18
    Come on, if you thought about it for five seconds, you'd know why.

It's the same reason there is no proof of God.

Because if He talked to everyone, it would be obvious to everyone He exists, and therefore there would be no use or reason for Faith.

Faith is one of the main ways we will be judged when our time here is up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree