1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 23:58
    Originally posted by GregM
    [b]...i do not care if it is the muslim God, the jewish God, the christian God or the flying spaghetti monster, or ALL of them...

i know God is loving

Clearly it isn't "ALL," then, right? You do care what type of god actually exists. You are taking this attribute of god(s) on faith, so there is still room for debate about whether god(s) is/are ...[text shortened]... of the universe is Bob, who reserves the inner circle of His hell for the especially devout?[/b]
    you make it very complicated when it is simple, for me. i believe God(s) created me so i am thankful and worship him/her/them.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 10:18
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    ... for simpletons like me. i might call it simpletonism. here it is, the "bible" of my religion: there exists God(s), worship him/her/them and thou shall be saved. because i do not care if it is the muslim God, the jewish God, the christian God or the flying spaghetti monster, or ALL of them. the only thing i believe is God(s) exist(s) so i worship hi ...[text shortened]... es of which God is the real God, for me anyways. but if you do not believe in God(s) then idc.
    EV, you might be interested in finding out more about the Baha'i faith which started in Iran sometime in the 19th century.
    It sort of lumps most of the major world religions together as being aspects of one single unifying religion.
    Interesting, if that's your thing ...
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 10:55
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    you make it very complicated when it is simple, for me. i believe God(s) created me so i am thankful and worship him/her/them.
    Of course many religions would hold that your beliefs are contrary to their teachings and thus you would end up in Hell if their teachings are correct.
  4. the highway to hell
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 09:00
    i agree with the view that it should be stripped-down to its basics.

if i was god, i hope i would not be egotistical, so i would not want people praising me, and worshiping me, or being grateful to me. people seem to think they can ingratiate themselves with god by muttering words of praise, im sure thats nonsense.

if there was a god i expect he would come down and knock our heads together for being so stupid!
    🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree