1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 14:182 edits
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I used to think that too, but whatever it is is more than just an alternate lifesyle choice.
    ummm, not convinced jojo, the science is sketchy at the very least, nor can one hardly describe it as natural, for the chances of the genetic code, being passed from one generation to the next through an act of homosexuality is nil!
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 14:23
    No dipstick, I go by observation of the folks I have seen now. Lol of course lol you lol knew lol that. lol lol lol
    Putting the laughter aside, you dont realise your mistake.
    Forget it, carry on.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 14:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummm, not convinced jojo, the science is sketchy at the very least.
    I grew up with someone that ended up being gay. He played with the neighbor girls like he was a girl himself. They played girl games, made houses and he even talked like a girl. Other boys were playing baseball, scateboarding, etc... but he was just like a girl. I am not saying that is bad but it was very different. Another guy I know talks feminine. I knew him from childhood as well. They didn't just wake up in their early childhood and decide they were gay. Heck, I have known my relative long before he even knew what sex was.
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 14:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Putting the laughter aside, you dont realise your mistake.
    Forget it, carry on.
    Ok what is it?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 14:40
    Ok what is it?
    You made a comparison between two time periods - 2000 yrs ago and now. This requires your 'observation' to be from both periods - say visual observation now and observation via historical writings of 2000 yrs ago.

But your observation is only of now so your comment should really be that there are many gays around now, and not that there are more now than in the time of Christ.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 14:441 edit
    You made a comparison between two time periods - 2000 yrs ago and now. This requires your 'observation' to be from both periods - say visual observation now and observation via historical writings of 2000 yrs ago.

But your observation is only of now so your comment should really be that there are many gays around now, and not that there are more now than in the time of Christ.
    You are right on that. The whole DNA thing is just a theory of mine. What I meant was that from observation now I tend to believe that people are born with this trait. If that is true, then it is just possible that there are more gay people today percapita.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 14:511 edit
    You are right on that. The whole DNA thing is just a theory of mine. What I meant was that from observation now I tend to believe that people are born with this trait. If that is true, then it is just possible that there are more gay people today percapita.
    Consider the following points :
    - more gays showing up around now could simply mean that society is more permissive now compared to long ago and has nothing to do with DNA.
    - if gays are born with that trait now, then certainly they were born with it 5000 years ago when Sodom was destroyed.

Actually, where I live, gays are still persecuted and sidelined by society, so they tend not to be open about their sexuality.
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 14:56
    Consider the following points :
    - more gays showing up around now could simply mean that society is more permissive now compared to long ago and has nothing to do with DNA.
    - if gays are born with that trait now, then certainly they were born with it 5000 years ago when Sodom was destroyed.

Actually, where I live, gays are still persecuted and sidelined by society, so they tend not to be open about their sexuality.
    That could be right that society is more permissive today and homosexuality did exist 5000 years ago, but doesn't that also tend to lend creedence to the DNA theory? Why choose to be gay in a society that sidelines them? Makes it look like they can't help it to me.
  9. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:25
    I can only go by observation as I can't take a poll from folks that lived 2000 years ago.
    In which case you have no evidence for your claim. I know of no evidence that human DNA has deteriorated in the last 2000 years, and it seems, neither do you.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:26
    That could be right that society is more permissive today and homosexuality did exist 5000 years ago, but doesn't that also tend to lend creedence to the DNA theory? Why choose to be gay in a society that sidelines them? Makes it look like they can't help it to me.
    Form a purely Biblical standpoint, that fact that they 'cant help it' will not make that lifestyle acceptable.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:30
    Form a purely Biblical standpoint, that fact that they 'cant help it' will not make that lifestyle acceptable.
    So what does that say about christianity in general? Will God himself sideline gays even if it isn't their fault?
  12. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:45
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    [b]There is nothing in the New Testament about homosexuality, is there?
    I'm afraid there is, you could start with Romans 1:27.[/b]
    Yeah, that would be Paul quoting the OT, right?
  13. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummm, not convinced jojo, the science is sketchy at the very least, nor can one hardly describe it as natural, for the chances of the genetic code, being passed from one generation to the next through an act of homosexuality is nil!
    I read an article in New Scientist about this topic recently. Your appraisal of the science is correct in the sense that the causes of homosexuality are not completely known. However, there are many suggestive pieces of the puzzle.

The idea that homosexuality cannot be described as natural because the chances of the genetic code, being passed from one generation to the next through an act of homosexuality is nil is both factually incorrect and fundamentally flawed in its logic.
  14. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:46
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    Not unless you can demonstrate that it was a direct quote, no.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:47
    So what does that say about christianity in general? Will God himself sideline gays even if it isn't their fault?
    Homosexuality is a sin and its a waste of time to try to argue around that .. whether or not 'you can help' it is irrelevant. The desire to impregnate as many females as possible, is a desire thats hardwired into the DNA of all males of almost all species. So a man 'cant help it' to want to have sex with many women. But the Bible requires you to have sex with your wife only. Claiming sympathy for being adulterer/fornicator because you cant help it is pointless.

Adultery is just as much a sin as homosexuality. King David commited adultery and murder and still was a favourite of God.

The answer to your question is that Christ looks at the whole person. We all sin but the good must outweigh the bad, by as wide a margin as you are able.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree