1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '12 19:49
    http://phys.org/news/2012-06-iberian-europe-oldest-cave-art.html

It's not just carbon dating now in these caves, all the data say these drawings are 40 thousand + years old.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 05:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2012-06-iberian-europe-oldest-cave-art.html

It's not just carbon dating now in these caves, all the data say these drawings are 40 thousand + years old.
    Bull crap.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 10:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Bull crap.
    Wow, SUCH a vitally scientific refutation. I'll bet all those scientists who did this work are shaking in their boots now. They must be going, How could we have been so wrong? We will HAVE to do a retraction paper now.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 00:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Wow, SUCH a vitally scientific refutation. I'll bet all those scientists who did this work are shaking in their boots now. They must be going, How could we have been so wrong? We will HAVE to do a retraction paper now.
    When you start shaking in your boots for fear of the lord, it will be the beginning of wisdom for you.

http://asimpledesire.wordpress.com/2006/11/09/why-is-the-fear-the-lord-the-beginning-of-wisdom/
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:14
    I've been to Ulluru (that's what the politically correct western tourists call it..lol).
    The blackfellas just call it "Ayers Rock" - just like it used to be called.

I guess RJ would think of these aboriginies in the middle of Australia as just some sort of anomolie, or.... I dont know what (what are they, RJ?)

I had an amazing time- beyond words- well most words. All I can say is that when you dream in the outback , it's not the same as dreaming any where else in the worldπŸ˜‰

And the cave paintings...ANCieNT. REAlly,Really old.
    Whats your take on those 40 000 yr old cave paintings, that I've seen with my own eyes?

(And luckily, because of it's locality, not many people got to it before it was declared a national park and reserved for prosperity ;;
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I've been to Ulluru (that's what the politically correct western tourists call it..lol).
    The blackfellas just call it "Ayers Rock" - just like it used to be called.

I guess RJ would think of these aboriginies in the middle of Australia as just some sort of anomolie, or.... I dont know what (what are they, RJ?)

I had an amazing time- beyond word ...[text shortened]... ny people got to it before it was declared a national park and reserved for prosperity ;;
    Those cave painting may be old, but don't let them fool you into believing they are more than about 6,000 years old. They just want to get more money out of you. Ha ha. πŸ˜€
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 03:141 edit
    Those cave painting may be old, but don't let them fool you into believing they are more than about 6,000 years old. They just want to get more money out of you. Ha ha. πŸ˜€
    I did not pay one cent.

Also , I had the privilige of meeting bona fide aboriginals that were direct decedents of the tribes that have lived there time immemorial.
    Obviously they hadn't live there for ever, nor did they tell me how long they had been there. They seemed to be not interested in those things. Instead they were into telling stories and also drawing me some pictures.

The turn off from the main highway to Ayers Rock is about 200 or so km's before Alice Springs-the main town around there (except for the odd fuel/beer station) for ages. I got out at 3pm and hoped I would get a lift to Ayers Rock (another 200 or so km's) in time to pitch a tent. 2 cars pulled up and they looked like they were already filled with people but the first cars driver insisted I get in as the other lads shoved across (5 people in the back seat). 5kms ahead we saw another hitcher who turned out to be an old female classmate. They said that she can sit on my lap and that our bags would just be put on top of us.
    It was pretty smelly. Cheap wine and ...petrol!!
    Well weren't me and my class mate happy to see each other. I think she appreciated a certain level of security when she was getting into a car with a bunch of wino's.
    After about another 20kms or so we stopped again.
    The guy from the back of the other car (the car in front of us) was wearing a traditional kangaroo skin 'cape' (or whatever). He took me aside for a sec while the girl talked with the others.
    "What ya doin here mate? " he said.
    "I'm a tourist".
    Got any money?" he asked politely.
    "No. I usually go busking but I lost my guitar."
    He looked me up and down a bit more and then said - "you should have money when you come here". then he smiled a friendly smile.
    "This is my wife""- a pregnant lady had the back seat of the other car all to herself.Her "husband" sat in the front with another driver up there as well. So 3 people in one car (3 1/2 if you count the unborn), and 10 eventually in the other one.
    Everyone was cool.I had a bit of leaf which they devoured in 2 minutes.
    They told me some stories, but the vibes I got from that 200 km or so trip was just so powerful.
    Everynow and then some guy up the front would yell to the guy in the back to not "sniff petrol". Really forcefully.

Finally we had to get out. We were still about 5 kms from the rock, but thats the closest they could take us.

True story. Any questions?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 03:20
    This little 200km or so trip was about a real as an experience as it gets. Everyone in the situation knew their parts. No one was surprised and there was a certain aloofness that you just had to be there to get.
    These guys weren't getting their news from the media - they were getting it directly from some other source. The Dreatime
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 03:57
    I did not pay one cent.

Also , I had the privilige of meeting bona fide that were direct decedents of the tribes that have lived there time immemorial.
    Obviously they hadn't live there for ever, nor did they tell me how long they had been there. They seemed to be not interested in those things. Instead they were into telling stories and also drawi ...[text shortened]... but thats the closest they could take us.

True story. Any questions?
    I uses to love to "sniff petrol" when I was a kid. Don't care about it now. I'm glad the aboriginals aren't telling you any lies about how long those painting have been there. Who knows, he might have painted them himself. It is a good think you didn't have any money. If you had, you probably wouldn't when you left. Glad you had a good time.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 03:59
    This little 200km or so trip was about a real as an experience as it gets. Everyone in the situation knew their parts. No one was surprised and there was a certain aloofness that you just had to be there to get.
    These guys weren't getting their news from the media - they were getting it directly from some other source. The Dreatime
    EERIE.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 03:59
    I uses to love to "sniff petrol" when I was a kid. Don't care about it now. I'm glad the aboriginals aren't telling you any lies about how long those painting have been there. Who knows, he might have painted them himself. It is a good think you didn't have any money. If you had, you probably wouldn't when you left. Glad you had a good time.
    You have a totally false picture of what was happening in that car.
    The car I was in was the mans car and the other was the womans car.

It would take me pages to explain it, it's just a shame you cant get into the spirit of the story so as to gleen it's meaning
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 04:01
    EERIE.
    Yes, it could be termed "eerie". Mind you, to any would be "god believers" out there , I'm sure they would've used that experience to further back up their claims
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 04:06
    (One of the points I was trying to make here) was that you really have to look beyond the externialities to realize the truth behind Maya.
    So while they may have stunk, it made it extremely easier (to pscycically get out) so it wasn't to be out of that stinky car and transported into a alternate dimension (bad explanation-please get into the spirit, if you feel like it)
    All the occupants had a look in their eyes where they knew they were s'posed to be there. I finally caught on.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 04:33
    You have a totally false picture of what was happening in that car.
    The car I was in was the mans car and the other was the womans car.

It would take me pages to explain it, it's just a shame you cant get into the spirit of the story so as to gleen it's meaning
    It was pretty smelly, huh?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jun '12 23:431 edit
    It was pretty smelly, huh?
    yes. it was pretty smelly and i got the feeling that they had no running water where they resided. This tribe is one of the few who were not totally wiped out or assimilated (during the whit australia policy).

Actually i think that our family was let into this country in 1980, when the white australia policy was still in place. I feel a bit ashamed , although I was only 6 so it was not really upto me.
    We probably took the spots of refugees who were in more dire circumstances than our family but their skin was darker...

(I am responding to you, RJ, but I invite anyone else to comment)

I'll just leave it here for now, unless some one else is interested πŸ™‚

edit: when I say "interested" , I am mainly referring to 'aborigonal spirituality', but any other part of my post , too

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree