1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '12 16:08
    http://phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html#firstCmt
    Creationists always tout the lack of evidence in the BB theory, here is an extension of this theory with evidence from astronomy to back up his claim.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 May '12 16:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html#firstCmt
    Creationists always tout the lack of evidence in the BB theory, here is an extension of this theory with evidence from astronomy to back up his claim.
    Theists who ask for evidence are playing in their opponent's sandbox. That's a strategic error.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 May '12 18:142 edits
    Interesting. Not only does this theory avoid many of the problems dogged by other theories but it makes a prediction that now appears to be true according to new evidence. Specifically:
    since all stars and thus black holes rotate, our universe would have inherited the parent black hole’s axis of rotation as a "preferred direction." There is some recently reported evidence from surveys of over 15,000 galaxies that in one hemisphere of the universe more spiral galaxies are "left-handed," or rotating clockwise, while in the other hemisphere more are "right-handed," or rotating counterclockwise.

but I think this might have been better-off put in the science forum for this is of genuine scientific interest and I think it might be just be totally trashed and wasted on many of the religious nuts here who don't understand science and don't want to and who would have no appreciation for elegant rational explanations for things.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '12 20:33
    Originally posted by humy
    Interesting. Not only does this theory avoid many of the problems dogged by other theories but it makes a prediction that now appears to be true according to new evidence. Specifically:
    [quote] since all stars and thus black holes rotate, our universe would have inherited the parent black hole’s axis of rotation as a "preferred direction." There is some recent ...[text shortened]... want to and who would have no appreciation for elegant rational explanations for things.
    Done.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 May '12 21:12
    Done.
    LOL. No you haven't! you have screwed it up!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '12 02:56
    That's right. Scientific theories are a dime a dozen.
  7. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    25 May '12 04:171 edit
    where does the universe in the top bottle keep coming from
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 May '12 04:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Scientific hypotheses are cheap, the theories some of them lead to, require grants.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '12 11:59
    Sorry bout that, got in the nuke article from my daughter and linked to that, forgot it killed the other link.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '12 12:00
    Originally posted by tim88
    where does the universe in the top bottle keep coming from
    It would indicate an infinite number of universes, perhaps a connection between the ultra small and the ultra large.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 May '12 12:471 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Theists who ask for evidence are playing in their opponent's sandbox. That's a strategic error.
    nm
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 May '12 12:512 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was talking about the attempt to make a thread, not about any theory. -but you already knew that.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 May '12 13:40
    Originally posted by jaywill
    nm
    nanometre?
  14. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    25 May '12 14:00
    [quote] since all stars and thus black holes rotate, our universe would have inherited the parent black hole’s axis of rotation as a "preferred direction." There is some recent ...[text shortened]... want to and who would have no appreciation for elegant rational explanations for things.
    "I think it might be just be totally trashed and wasted on many of the religious nuts here who don't understand science and don't want to and who would have no appreciation for elegant rational explanations for things."
    By religious " nuts " do you mean a category of insane persons who are religious and being religious is insanity ?
    Is this the way atheists scientists brand their fellow humans ?
    Why do you suppose that religious people do not understand science and don't want to understand science ? Or that they have no appreciation of elegant rational explanations ?
    Is this talk inspired by hate ? If so, it is a condemnable example of arrogance of a person claiming to be a rationalist.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 May '12 19:233 edits
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    "I think it might be just be totally trashed and wasted on many of the religious nuts here who don't understand science and don't want to and who would have no appreciation for elegant rational explanations for things."
    By religious " nuts " do you mean a category of insane persons who are religious and being religious is insanity ?
    Is this the way ath If so, it is a condemnable example of arrogance of a person claiming to be a rationalist.

By religious " nuts " do you mean a category of insane persons who are religious

yes; if we are talking about the insane ones that are religious.
    Insane religious people would be insane by tautology. Not all religious people are insane and, obviously, I don't even think most of them are.
    and being religious is insanity ?

no
    Is this the way atheists scientists brand their fellow humans ?

no
    Why do you suppose that religious people do not understand science and don't want to understand science ?

I didn't.
    I said “religious nuts” by which I mean the small subgroup of theists that are real extremists and anti-science.
    You make some strange assumptions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree