1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 May '13 00:31
    So who here is an expert on Bibles and the many translations of it? Who? Anyone?

Many here say the NWT is not correct.

But if one only goes by the "experts" observations and opinions and no one elses, then most here that blast the NWT because they don't agree, would no doubt not qualify as an expert and that would imply we should not view your opinion? Probably.

Also the most notable differeance in the NWT is the placement of Jehovah's name which has been removed from most Bibles, in the correct scriptures.
    The reason it was removed is to cloud the truth of our God who satan hates and then support the many false doctrines that Jesus himself clearly said would be accepted into the churches after he was gone.
    In order for those to be taught effectivly such as the trinity, Jehovah would have to be hidden from his true identity to the masses. With his name now removed it would be easier to teach the trinity and it's confusing theories and lies.
    Such a simply sounding plan with his name removed, but it has certianly worked.
    Satan is the master deciever and by him using humans to remove God's name from most Bibles, he has been able to decieve so many.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '13 00:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Wow!!!!

My hat off to you sir. Surprise of the week for me so far. Thank you, I won't forget it 🙂
    Don't get too excited. He is likely to have amnesia before the morning.

YouTube

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '13 00:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So who here is an expert on Bibles and the many translations of it? Who? Anyone?

Many here say the NWT is not correct.

But if one only goes by the "experts" observations and opinions and no one elses, then most here that blast the NWT because they don't agree, would no doubt not qualify as an expert and that would imply we should not view your o ...[text shortened]... m using humans to remove God's name from most Bibles, he has been able to decieve so many.
    And Satan has done a masterful job in deceiving you JWs into believing that Yahshua is a created angel like himself.

The Instructor
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 May '13 01:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And Satan has done a masterful job in deceiving you JWs into believing that Yahshua is a created angel like himself.

The Instructor
    Lol. As usual you make no sense!!!!!
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    31 May '13 03:23
    I think the NWT is a decent translation except where it has religious bias such as the notorious John 1:1......I personally like the NASB only issue with it is the eschatology bent that it has well at least my Ryery version that I've had since I was 15 the commentary takes a pre trib stance. The translation itself is said to be one of the best word for word translations ever.

Manny
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '13 03:47
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think the NWT is a decent translation except where it has religious bias such as the notorious John 1:1......I personally like the NASB only issue with it is the eschatology bent that it has well at least my Ryery version that I've had since I was 15 the commentary takes a pre trib stance. The translation itself is said to be one of the best word for word translations ever.

Manny
    I agree that the NASB is the best literal translation in the English language that I have seen. However, I have not seen any translation that I would say is completely free of minor errors.

On the other hand, the NWT has many doctrinal errors, because of the bias of those who translated it.

The Instructor
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '13 03:49
    It is a pretty good translation except when it is dealing with accepted Christian doctrines. It goes out of its way to deny the same honor given to the son as is given to the Father. So yes the New World Translation of the Bible is inaccurate. However, all versions have some inaccuracies.

But I once studied with the JW's and had their earlier version, ...[text shortened]... eaching were, I left their group and threw away their distorted green bible.

The instructor
    Are you an ex JW?
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    31 May '13 04:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    from the perspective of a Greek, do you think that this is an accurate translation or not dear Beetle.
    Well Robbie my feer, the original Greek verse indicates that Logos (the Word/ the Reason) is (belongs) to the Cause; and the Reason is a characteristic of God, and the Word (Logos/ the Reason) is God (it can do and create everything). Everything came into existence through His Word, and without Him nothing would be existent amongst everything that exists.

This is the reason why the Orthodox Christians are sure that originally there was Logos/ the Word (and Logos was with God, and Logos was God. Logos existed originally to God. All were made through Logos, and without Logos was not even a single thing that was).

So methinks John says that God/ Logos was existing initially. It occurred not, it was existent from the beginning, for John clarifies that everything that happened, it was not created without Logos. It follows that Logos/ the Word could not in any way be something that God made, due to the fact that for one it existed from the “beginning”, for two it was “without beginning”, and for three because if it was created, there would be even a single creature that was made without Him (himself) -however such a thing exists not. Over here, John says that "…without Him was not even one that was". So, according to this analysis, it follows that JC (Logos incarnated/ Logos that took flesh in order to save the people) is not a creation. And, if it is not created, the Orthodox do accept as a consequence that JC is indeed the Creator, ie God. In fact, they believe that with or without the definite article, JC (God Logos/ the Word) Is with the Father and the Holy Spirit the sole true Triune God.

All the above Orthodox rant is not in conflict with John’s Koine Greek, even when Logos is analyzed from a philosophical, a logical and an existential perspective. However, the sole thing I would change as regards the English translation of the verse is that I would rather use the word "Logos" untranslated instead of introducing the English "Word" 😵
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 May '13 04:36
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    Psalm 83:18

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

18 That they may know that You alone, whose name is the "Lord",
    Are the Most High over all the earth.

If this were a correct version of the Bible then Jehovah's name would be in this scripture where it should be. But instead the name of our Almighty God, Jehovah has been removed and replaced with a title. "Lord" is not a name but a title. Even the scripture itself "whose name" is alone the most high.
    Please explain why his name is removed in this version?
    Why should we use this or any other Bible who's authors have done exactly what the scripture in Revelation says "NOT" to do and that is to add or take away anything in God's word the Bible?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '13 05:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you an ex JW?
    No. I was never a JW. I only studied with them and went a a few times to one of their kingdom halls.

The instructor
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '13 05:501 edit
    Psalm 83:18

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

18 That they may know that You alone, whose name is the "Lord",

If this were a correct version of the Bible then Jehovah's name would be in this scripture where it should be. But instead the name of our Almighty God, Jehovah has been removed and replaced with on says "NOT" to do and that is to add or take away anything in God's word the Bible?
    The translators explained in the Preface to the NASB that traditionally, reverend Jews considered the pronunciation of the personal name of God too sacred to pronounce, and so in reading the text of the Hebrew YHWH they substituted for it the noun Adonai, which means "lord" or "master" and in keeping with this tradition they decided to use LORD (printed in capital letters to distinguish it from Lord) for the sacred name, since Jehovah (as used in the KJV sometimes) is not in the Hebrew text.

So Psalms 83:18 appears as follows:

That they may know that You alone, whose name is the LORD,

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalms%2083:18&version=NASB

This has also been done by other translations as well.

http://biblehub.com/psalms/83-18.htm

The Instructor
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 May '13 10:03
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Well Robbie my feer, the original Greek verse indicates that Logos (the Word/ the Reason) is (belongs) to the Cause; and the Reason is a characteristic of God, and the Word (Logos/ the Reason) is God (it can do and create everything). Everything came into existence through His Word, and without Him nothing would be existent amongst everything that exist ...[text shortened]... ould rather use the word "Logos" untranslated instead of introducing the English "Word" 😵
    I need to go to work, ill get back to you on this beetle. suffice to say that there is a different treatment by the apostle of the term theos and it appears to me that the translators have ignored the Greek idiom.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 May '13 10:04
    No. I was never a JW. I only studied with them and went a a few times to one of their kingdom halls.

The instructor
    you couldn't make the cut Jonah and went to sit under your bottle gourd plant.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '13 10:23
    There is never as simply answer to you.
    No, there is never a simple answer from you

Why not just address the critical eternal life question in dlimma thread with a simple yes or no Galveston, instead of pretending the answer is so simple but I won't accept it or understand it?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 May '13 10:252 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, there is never a simple answer from you

Why not just address the critical eternal life question in dlimma thread with a simple yes or no Galveston, instead of pretending the answer is so simple but I won't accept it or understand it?
    no one cares about it, stop spamming up threads with irrelevancies. This thread is about the New world translation, not about Galveston, not about you, not about your dilemma thread. No one cares.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree