1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:51
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Ok, lets hear from you all then. Here's my question.

Is the New World Translation of the Bible inaccurate?

This translation is used by the Watchtower Organization
    which oversees all the activities of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Jehovah's Witnesses claim that this translation of the Holy
    Scriptures is the most accurate.

I disagree. I think t ...[text shortened]... s incorrect
    and does not reflect the true meaning of the original writings.

What say you?
    It is a pretty good translation except when it is dealing with accepted Christian doctrines. It goes out of its way to deny the same honor given to the son as is given to the Father. So yes the New World Translation of the Bible is inaccurate. However, all versions have some inaccuracies.

But I once studied with the JW's and had their earlier version, which they missed making some changes related to Christ's divinity. When I discovered how dishonest and false their teaching were, I left their group and threw away their distorted green bible.

The instructor
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '13 20:02
    Originally posted by black beetle
    In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and God was the Word.
    from the perspective of a Greek, do you think that this is an accurate translation or not dear Beetle.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '13 20:061 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle

In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and God was the Word.
    "In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God," [and the Word was God] "and God was the Word." John 1:1 (NASB)
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 20:15
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Still anothers views:

"I have a few other favorite translations but this one is at the top of the list for consistent accuracy. It is very literal so you get a flavor of the original Hebrew and Greek in many places. Some people find this literal flavor awkward, but I find it helpful for serious study. If you make a serious effort examine the Hebrew a ...[text shortened]... ation commercially and the opposition of Trinity fanatics."
    The NWT rending of John 1:1 is polytheistic.

The Instructor
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '13 21:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    p. 30A “Remarkably Good” Translation

ACCORDING to one count, as many as 55 new English translations of the Christian Greek Scriptures were published between 1952 and 1990. Translators’ choices mean that no two read alike. In order to assess the reliability of the translators’ work, Jason BeDuhn, associate professor of religious studies at Northern A ...[text shortened]... s a literal, conservative translation of the original expressions of the New Testament writers.”
    Cherry-picking the man's words at its finest.

What I don't see is a single example of his opinions about how the NWT translators choose their translation words to fit their dogma.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Cherry-picking the man's words at its finest.

What I don't see is a single example of his opinions about how the NWT translators choose their translation words to fit their dogma.
    oh dear are we really expected to believe your words over those of renowned experts, taxi for suzianne.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh dear are we really expected to believe your words over those of renowned experts, taxi for suzianne.
    What makes 'one' a renowned expert?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:191 edit
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    perhaps study in a particular field of expertise. The accusations, of the type that snoozianne has levelled against the New world translation are the usual unsubstantiated jive talk that one can get from a spiritual jumble sale, ask her to produce evidence to back up her claims and she is thoroughly bereft! Centre of the worlds largest doughnut.

The NWT is the Rolls Royce of Biblical translations.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:201 edit
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    You just have to look the part, be a charasmatic public speaker and have a lot of big words at your disposal...enough to keep at least half of the audience unsure. The rest will fall into line if you stick to your well researched propaganda of your choice.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:21
    perhaps study in a particular field of expertise. The accusations, of the type that snoozianne has levelled against the New world translation are the usual unsubstantiated jive talk that one can get from a spiritual jumble sale, ask her to produce evidence to back up her claims and she is thoroughly bereft! Centre of the worlds largest doughnut.

The NWT is the Rolls Royce of Biblical translations.
    That's the thing - they are only "experts" in their specialized fields, they are hardly experts on holistic living.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    That's the thing - they are only "experts" in their specialized fields, they are hardly experts on holistic living.
    irrelevant, they are competent enough to proffer an opinion on the accuracy of a Biblical text, one does not need to be an expert at anything other than Biblical scholarship to do that.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:341 edit
    irrelevant, they are competent enough to proffer an opinion on the accuracy of a Biblical text, one does not need to be an expert at anything other than Biblical scholarship to do that.
    au contrair , my fickle f(r)iend, a holistic approach to living is the one thing that any aspirant cannot do without. Neither could he or she fudge it. No, no, Bobbie Carrobie, you may try to fling off my words like they are just mere pixels on a screen in front of you, but they are backed brimful of meaning and wisdom.

I repeat again, no one can gain an inch of mileage spiritually without taking a holistic view of the world. What version of holistic path one might take is upto the person and whatever suits their disposition.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:37
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    au contrair , my fickle f(r)iend, a holistic approach to living is the one thing that any aspirant cannot do without. Neither could he or she fudge it. No, no, Bobbie Carrobie, you may try to fling off my words like they are just mere pixels on a screen in front of you, but they are backed brimful of meaning and wisdom.

I repeat again, no one gain an ...[text shortened]... version of holistic path one might take is upto the person and whatever suits their disposition.
    ok
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:39
    ok
    Wow!!!!

My hat off to you sir. Surprise of the week for me so far. Thank you, I won't forget it 🙂
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 May '13 00:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Interesting how you know [copy paste] all this, but can't answer my simple question in the "dilemma" thread.
    There is never as simply answer to you. You never accept any answers I give so I see no need in waisting any time at all in trying......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree