Nipples!

Nipples!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
01 Mar 11

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“...When you get into a self pitying mood ...”

Hay! It was a joke! And I wasn't even pretending to have “self pity”! -that wouldn't be part of the joke.
I have no self pitty.
I know you were being light hearted and joking.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I replied, but my post was deemed innapropriate,and now I've broken my train of thought.
Maybe I'll pick it up in the morning.

Sorry moderators. I'm still not sure what was innapropriate
I see your point .....What I meant is, in this world nearly anything is possible, and for it to be possible there has to be the ingredients for it to happen......so that means from the beginning all the necessary ingredients are existing and in place for man to create what he desires in the future, so a lot of people are having sex changes and a a lot of people are making A bombs and the ingredients are their for both.

e4

Moves
01 Mar 11

I read Dowards link.

It ends:

So, why do men have nipples? Because females do.

Ah well.....after all that I'm none the wiser.

Right. I'm off to the National Art Gallery to ask the guides why paintings
of Adam and Eve have belly buttons.

Next week:
If woman is from man how come only men go bald.
I demand to see more bald headed women as proof God exists.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Mar 11

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]================================
Tetrahydarcanbanol or THC (not sure of exact spelling) is the active ingredient in marijuana that gets you high.
Why would God put them (thc receptors) in our brains and spleens if smoking cannabis is wrong?

You know what I mean? Its not like alcohol which just "swishes "your brain cells to get you drunk.
We a ...[text shortened]... me to Him, perhaps. It is just a NOW, a continous present moment embracing all of eternity.
So you dont know.

As far as the rest of your post about God making contigency plans ,n, that, I more or less agree (Even though I probably disagree about the type of "GOD" you advocate)

But really, you totally wussed out of that question.

Perhaps is like Greenpawn says: its something for us to find out.

After all, marijuana has been called "Gods herb" .
That is in relation to drug users who would get into wat more trouble if they took other drugs.
Marijuana chills out potebtial violent people and the total deaths directly attributed to marijuana is zero.

Thats right, no recorded deaths.

Almost seems a shame that Jesus didn't turn people into stoners instead of alocoholics

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Mar 11

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“...============================
Nipples!

Why have men got nipples?
=============================

Aesthetic reasons perhaps. Reasons of a sense of beauty in the mind of our Creator. ...”

then why did 'he' make the rest of me so damned ugly!
Lol!

Beauty is in the eye of the nipple!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Mar 11

Tetrahydarcanbanol or THC (not sure of exact spelling) is the active ingredient in marijuana that gets you high.
Why would God put them (thc receptors) in our brains and spleens if smoking cannabis is wrong?

You know what I mean? Its not like alcohol which just "swishes "your brain cells to get you drunk.
We are born with these receptors within our ...[text shortened]...
You know what I'm on about now? Any ideas?

(BtW, I hope you are well , dear jaywill. 🙂 )
"Why would God put them (thc receptors) in our brains and spleens if smoking cannabis is wrong?"

Why would God give you the ability to make a gun, point it at you head, and pull the trigger if it's wrong? 🙄

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Mar 11

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"Why would God put them (thc receptors) in our brains and spleens if smoking cannabis is wrong?"

Why would God give you the ability to make a gun, point it at you head, and pull the trigger if it's wrong? 🙄[/b]
Outside stuff is learned, (invented), by the influence of the "devil".
Inside stuff (inside your body) is peaceful and hard to manipulate.

Sorry, I find your analogy useless. Its like apples and oranges.

another try perhaps?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Mar 11

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"Why would God put them (thc receptors) in our brains and spleens if smoking cannabis is wrong?"

Why would God give you the ability to make a gun, point it at you head, and pull the trigger if it's wrong? 🙄[/b]
Remember JC was almost advocating imbibing of wine with his parlour tricks.

Alcochol which has killed how many people?

And marijuana which has killed ZERO people.

Whats your take on that mr. Smart guy?

Moves
01 Mar 11

[b]...
You ask, why would God put them (thc receptors) in our brains and spleens if smoking cannabis is wrong?

I say, because what's the point of making something wrong, if nobody wants to do it to begin with?

"Oh, yeah, thanks God, for letting us know it's wrong. Like we needed that."

Now the job is to figure our how this relates to men having nipples. It does, you know.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by JS357
You ask, why would God put them (thc receptors) in our brains and spleens if smoking cannabis is wrong?

I say, because what's the point of making something wrong, if nobody wants to do it to begin with?

"Oh, yeah, thanks God, for letting us know it's wrong. Like we needed that."

Now the job is to figure our how this relates to men having nipples. It does, you know.
Yeah😵

Its just fusion and the words dont suffice.
But we labour on....

AH

Moves
02 Mar 11

Lol!

Beauty is in the eye of the nipple!
Lol.
Actually, even my hairy nipples look ugly.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I read Dowards link.

It ends:

So, why do men have nipples? Because females do.

Ah well.....after all that I'm none the wiser.

Right. I'm off to the National Art Gallery to ask the guides why paintings
of Adam and Eve have belly buttons.

Next week:
If woman is from man how come only men go bald.
I demand to see more bald headed women as proof God exists.
Its a scientific answer, if its wisdom you seek, then shy away from science and seek answers in the great books of nature and revelation.

e4

Moves
02 Mar 11

I go along with the scientific answer.
Though I had to re-read bits again.

"The uncoupling of male and female traits occurs if there is selection for it:
if the trait is important to the reproductive success of both males and females
but the best or "optimal" trait is different for a male and a female.

We would not expect such an uncoupling if the attribute is important in both sexes
and the "optimal" value is similar in both sexes, nor would we expect uncoupling to
evolve if the attribute is important to one sex but unimportant in the other. "

I think that means females need nipples so men have nipples in their genes
to pass on just in case they give birth to a female.

It makes sense.

(so why don't men have wombs?)

The final sentance is good though.

"So, why do men have nipples? Because females do."

Had to use it.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
02 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I go along with the scientific answer.
Though I had to re-read bits again.

"The uncoupling of male and female traits occurs if there is selection for it:
if the trait is important to the reproductive success of both males and females
but the best or "optimal" trait is different for a male and a female.

We would not expect such an uncoupling i s good though.

"So, why do men have nipples? Because females do."

Had to use it.
This is probably a little clearer:

The answer is that as embryos men and women have similar tissues and body parts. If anything the embryo follows a 'female template'. That is why nipples are present in both sexes. It is the effect of the genes, the Y chromosome and the hormone testosterone that brings about the changes and masculinises the embryo. Testosterone promotes the growth of the penis and testicles. Because nipples are there before this process begins the nipples stay!

Source: http://menshealth.about.com/od/conditions/a/Nipples_Men.htm

Edit: Therefore, an embryo has the template for male and female sex organs, but develops in different directions accordingly.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]============================
Nipples!

Why have men got nipples?
=============================

Aesthetic reasons perhaps. Reasons of a sense of beauty in the mind of our Creator. Nipples on men may be a link to remind men and women of the intrinsic relationship they have in common.

Nipples keep the male component of the race hu ...[text shortened]... ually feel sorry for people whose minds take flight like this upon reading the word of God.[/b]
It's a wishy washy god because the whole thing was made up by men, no god needed. Men needed to control other men and subjugate women after previous religions had women in the domineering role. Men decided they did not like that so invented a male centric god. Thus the god comes out as spiteful, jealous, willful, and more than a little bit insane. A real god would not have ANY of those qualities so pointedly brought up in your bible.

The reality is even if a god invented the universe or multiverse, no interaction happens today and if you don't believe that, it has already been proven there is a place in the right hemisphere of the human brain that engenders feelings of beings around you, it can be forced to be felt by electromagnets stimulating the right part of the brain. This is in fact, the basis for religious feeling.