1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 12:06
    Reality as we grasp it by means of our 6 senses ends up strictly in dependence upon the stage and the altitude of the consciousness of each individual. Nietzsche, well aware of the existence of all these possible real worlds, stated that there are no facts, only interpretations;

Methinks one's interpretation of reality depends upon the kind of the structure of his cognizance in relation to the consciousnesses that one is working on😵
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 12:34
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Reality as we grasp it by means of our 6 senses ends up strictly in dependence upon the stage and the altitude of the consciousness of each individual. Nietzsche, well aware of the existence of all these possible real worlds, stated that there are no facts, only interpretations;

Methinks one's interpretation of reality depends upon the kind of the structure of his cognizance in relation to the consciousnesses that one is working on😵
    What is the six'th sense, in your opinion?
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 12:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Mind
    😵
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 12:53

Did Nietzche have any concept of archetypes (ala Jung) ?
    Do our interpretations follow SOME patterns or is everything just unique and without precedent?

(I hope I am making myself clear. I have an answer of sorts but I wanted to know what you think,cheers)😵
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 13:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Did Nietzche have any concept of archetypes (ala Jung) ?
    Do our interpretations follow SOME patterns or is everything just unique and without precedent?

(I hope I am making myself clear. I have an answer of sorts but I wanted to know what you think,cheers)😵
    Yes -the struggle against mortality;

Yes, no, both. Methinks one can see a mouse and jump on the chair, and one can see a mousie and bring up a masterpiece -particularly if his name is Burns. The suffering man which moves me, in the eyes of others can be just another victim or even transparent. Some have their palace in the water, but some may see just a wave; in my eyes, the whole Floating World is just another wave😵
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 13:391 edit
    Mind
    😵
    Do you mean 'mind' as 'spiritual mind'? If so, I cannot argue with you there.
    If not, meaning scientifically, what do you sense with the mind, that is not already sensed with other sensitory nervous functions?
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 15:02
    Do you mean 'mind' as 'spiritual mind'? If so, I cannot argue with you there.
    If not, meaning scientifically, what do you sense with the mind, that is not already sensed with other sensitory nervous functions?
    With my mind I evaluate whatever I receive from my other five senses, and in addition I evaluate my feelings and my ideas that are brought up out of the interaction of my inner world and the environment. I use my mind as the buffer of all the sensory data I am constantly receiving from the environment, from my inner world and from the world of my ideas. Therefore I use my mind exactly the way I am using my other five senses, and furthermore thanks to this sense I control my future world due to the fact that my future lays herenow in a specific modification of my mind😵
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 15:23
    Yes -the struggle against mortality;

Yes, no, both. Methinks one can see a mouse and jump on the chair, and one can see a mousie and bring up a masterpiece -particularly if his name is Burns. The suffering man which moves me, in the eyes of others can be just another victim or even transparent. Some have their palace in the water, but some may see just a wave; in my eyes, the whole Floating World is just another wave😵
    So your saying yes and no but not neither, right?
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 17:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So your saying yes and no but not neither, right?
    Yes😵
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 18:36
    Balance
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 22:10
    With my mind I evaluate whatever I receive from my other five senses, and in addition I evaluate my feelings and my ideas that are brought up out of the interaction of my inner world and the environment. I use my mind as the buffer of all the sensory data I am constantly receiving from the environment, from my inner world and from the world of my ideas. ...[text shortened]... future world due to the fact that my future lays herenow in a specific modification of my mind😵
    Your senses are imperfect for aquiring knowledge.

An eagle can see its dinner from a thousand feet.......you cant
    A dog can smell its dinner from a thousand feet....you cant
    Some animals can hear a sound from a thousand feet....you cant

So trusting the senses will cause error in ones speculations.

The perfect way to aquire knowledge is the decending method.

From the perfect source decends the knowledge, by the decending method.

The perfect source is Vedanta. (souce of spiritual knowledge)

Nearly everthing you have learnt is by the decending method, but if the source is not perfect then one will have many false beliefs. (which they have)
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 00:383 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

The perfect way to aquire knowledge is the dece ...[text shortened]... ethod, but if the source is not perfect then one will have many false beliefs. (which they have)
    Your method of descent can potentially (and I argue *does*) fail when
    "The perfect source is Vedanta"
    is a child of
    "that which I [vishvahetu] believe to be perfect must be perfect"
    with the latter false.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 04:29

The perfect way to aquire knowledge is the dece ...[text shortened]... ethod, but if the source is not perfect then one will have many false beliefs. (which they have)
    My 6 senses are the sole way for me to achieve and to accomplish whatever. Your so called "descending method" is merely an invention of your own mind -in fact it is an ill-considered interpretation of Shankara's Three Worlds concept, but that's another story.
    On the other hand, the potential of the human mind alone is by far more efficient than both the potential of the five senses and the potential of the mind of an eagle, of a dog etc etc. No animal on this planet is potentialy superior than the beast named Human although this beast is not at all "perfect". I wish we had use our huge power for the benefit of every being, but we human beings remain in general immature and thus we are herenow stranded.

Methinks there is no "perfection" and there is no "perfect knowledge" that "comes" from "up above", but of course you are free to enjoy ad infinitum the chains you manufactured out of your blind religious beliefs. Each existence acts and evolves according to its nature; my nature is the nature of my mind, and for whatever I am doing I keep myself fully responsible: whatever I am doing, I do it because I evaluated and I freely choose to do it and not because it is the so called "will of god", or because I read it in my so called "holy scripture" or because "god told me to do it". I proceed according to my own evaluation of the mind, I do make mistakes and I am learning constantly out of them, and I try to avoid making the same mistakes. My way is to respect Life in full and to create my own future worlds out of the modifications of my mind😵
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 05:33
    My 6 senses are the sole way for me to achieve and to accomplish whatever. Your so called "descending method" is merely an invention of your own mind -in fact it is an ill-considered interpretation of Shankara's Three Worlds concept, but that's another story.
    On the other hand, the potential of the human mind alone is by far more efficient than both th ...[text shortened]... ull and to create my own future worlds out of the modifications of my mind😵
    Your mind and sense will always decieve you, and the only way to get perfect knowledge is from the decendind method...and as long as the source is perfect.
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 10:53
    Your mind and sense will always decieve you, and the only way to get perfect knowledge is from the decendind method...and as long as the source is perfect.
    I knew that the OP holds🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree