1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '12 03:292 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You make me laugh. Ha ha 😀
    It was the "it's the work of Satan" and then (see RJ's behaviour as an immediate example) that made me laugh. Very funny.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 19:23
    Originally posted by JS357
    Well, I asked "Don't you consider yourself free of error on the subject of which writings are free of error? Is this opinion of yours inspired? If not, is it not possibly in error?"

So I will take your reply to mean, "My opinion on what writings are free of error is not inspired, and my opinion on what writings are free of error, may be in error." This clears up the issue as far as I am concerned.
    My reply means what it means. I don't need anyone here to translate for me and my explinations just as you would not care for me to translate yours.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 08:531 edit
    This thread seems to have summed as:

1) JW writings* are NOT insipired and ARE subject to error. (from robbie carrobie)

2) JW's are not inspired or free from error when interpreting/deciding which writings* are, or are not in error". (from Galveston)

"My opinion on what writings are free of error is not inspired, and my opinion on what writings are free of error, may be in error."
    Galveston

*by writings we can therefore potentially include doctrines specific to the JW church

This conclusion is good enough for me.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 09:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    2) JW's are not inspired or free from error when interpreting/deciding which writings* are, or are not in error". (from Galveston)
    So galveston75 has retracted the claims he made about God's role in the production of JW printed material?

He said, of The Watchtower: "God does not need to use anything we may print to teach ones who are wanting to learn. But he does and we take advantage of it like most other religions of the world. Why do you have such a probelem with that issue or can you not comprehend God's ability to teach by any means possible including printed liturature??"

And then, when asked about his view that the people who write The Watchtower and Awake! are instrumental in proving "God's ability to teach"?, he said: "Yes you don't seem to understand that the printed page can be used as one of God's avenues to teach. It's been done since the ten commandments. All the bible writters were used by God to write the Bible. So since he has used humans before, why can't he use them now?"

And, when asked whether the employees of the JW organisation who write The Watchtower and Awake! are divinely inspired in the same way as he believed believe the bible's writers were, he said: "Yes we do. What they are used for is not to write another Bible but God inspired bible aids. God has always used humans in one form or another to bring us God's thoughts and guidelines".

And, when asked if he thought the writings of all members of the JW organisation are divinely inspired in the same way as The Watchtower/Holy Bible are, he said: "I'm not inspired to write anything and have never claimed such a blessing. And no not all are inspired to write but if Jehovah chose anyone else to, that would be his descision, not yours or mine. Just as in the past with the writing of the Bible he chose only a few to write what he wanted, so what is the problem with only a few writing what he wants today? Do you not think God can cause a human to write on paper what he wants other humans to read, and for that to be accurate and in accord with the Bible? If no, why not?"

galveston75 has effectively [albeit not entirely graciously] retracted all these statements? This is your understanding?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 10:461 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So galveston75 has retracted the claims he made about God's role in the production of JW printed material?

He said, of The Watchtower: "God does not need to use anything we may print to teach ones who are wanting to learn. But he does and we take advantage of it like most other religions of the world. Why do you have such a probelem with that issue or can you rely graciously] retracted all these statements? This is your understanding?
    I think what is happening is an attempt by the JW organisation (exhibited here through robbie and Galveston) to distance itself from predictive/prophetic errors made by their Governing Body, without unhooking itself from the claim of being the "sole holders of God's truth on Earth".

This is apparent from the difficulty (Galveston especially) has with discriminating between 'the inspired scripture of the Bible' and the JW originated Watchtower writings irrespective of whether they contain obvious error, possible but as yet hidden error, or simply align with clear Biblical teaching albeit from the JW slant.

Has Galveston retracted his statement? To be honest I don't really know; my post above was based on the most recent comments from the JWs in this and the 1914 thread, and attempts to draw a summary and give some punctuated clarity to the volumes of hemming and hawing between the two JW's.

Robbie is adamant that JWs are not inspired and subject to error
    Galveston is adamant that JWs are not inspired to know (of the above point) which is error and which is not.

It is possible that he may still be sitting on the fence claiming that the 1914 statement was not error; however I find this position increasingly tenuous and more than a little dishonest.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 11:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    .. more than a little dishonest.
    I like the words of Carl Sagan : shamelessly dishonest 😀
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 22:22
    Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization."

This is the kicker part of that article. Better not oppose the WATCH TOWER !!! hahaha !!! World domination LOL sorry it's just so blatant have your own thoughts and your an apostate

Manny
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 22:31
    "The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." [Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327 ]

They absolutely claim in the opening sentence that the watch tower is NOT an instrument of man or set of men. This begs the question if not man than who? Sounds like a claim to the divine to me. If this were a court case it would be open and shut.

Manny
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 03:03
    Originally posted by menace71
    "The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to ...[text shortened]... e a claim to the divine to me. If this were a court case it would be open and shut.

Manny
    It is published according to the whims of Satan!
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 03:141 edit
    It is published according to the whims of Satan!
    Oh so now we are devil worshipers. I see. Whatever ridicule you want to throw is not at us but at Jehovah. One day you will regret that statement my friend and really learn who Jehovah is firsthand......
    Actually Jehovah will be letting his son Jesus who you have no clue who he is either, discuss this accusation with you you. Sounds exciting huh?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 03:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Oh so now we are devil worshipers. I see. Whatever ridicule you want to throw is not at us but at Jehovah. One day you will regret that statement my friend and really learn who Jehovah is firsthand......
    Actually Jehovah will be letting his son Jesus who you have no clue who he is either, discuss this accusation with you you. Sounds exciting huh?
    If you follow and worship the Watchtower, you follow and worship Satan the Devil. Christ will say, "I never knew you."
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '12 10:34
    If you follow and worship the Watchtower, you follow and worship Satan the Devil. Christ will say, "I never knew you."
    Yuo don't know that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree