1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 00:401 edit
    John 18:35-37
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

35 Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered You to me; what have You done?”
    36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.”
    37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

This was spoken by Jesus about his Kingdom. How can we be no part of the world and still live in the world if we are a part of this Kingdom Jesus spoke of?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '11 08:06
    Originally posted by galveston75

35 Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered You to me; what have You done?”
    36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as ...[text shortened]... o part of the world and still live in the world if we are a part of this Kingdom Jesus spoke of?
    I'm guessing you already know the answer don't you...
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 06:05

36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as ...[text shortened]... o part of the world and still live in the world if we are a part of this Kingdom Jesus spoke of?
    What's confusing about that statement is that his servants did try to fight for him when he was arrested, but he told them to knock it off.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 10:30
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    What's confusing about that statement is that his servants did try to fight for him when he was arrested, but he told them to knock it off.
    Well the main reason is Jesus knew what the purpose of coming to earth was for and that his life had to be given as a sacrifice for humans.
    And as he also mentioned his Kingdom was not part of this world and that when he did take the throne beside his Father it was to be in heaven, not on earth. Otherwise he would have started this new Kingdom on earth after he was resurrected.
  5. England
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 10:52
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    [b, but he told them to knock it off.[/b]
    may have changed history if he had
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 12:53

Romans 12:2a - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,.. KJV

To NOT be a part of this world is to NOT be conformed to it. The idea of conformity to the world has to do with being motivated by this worlds ideologies, philosophies and man made institutional religions, and the like, in our thoughts, words and deeds.

Transformation has to do with the change that occurs within the mind by the renewing of it, by the Word of God. It has to do with, Galatians 4:19 - ...Christ be formed in you,..

There are two ways of looking at "The Kingdom of God". One way is to see God's Kingdom as incompasing the whole universe. The other is "The Kingdom" that will be established on earth AFTER the return of Jesus.

The question is, which was Jesus refering to in John 18?

Either way, my reply is primarily to your question, "How can we be no part of the world and still live in the world if we are a part of this Kingdom Jesus spoke of? The answer is Romans 12:2
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 14:54

"No part of the world...", where is that phrase? "Not of this world..." isn't the
    same thing as no part of it. Jesus came into this world, so He without a doubt
    has some part of in it.
    Kelly
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 16:29
    Originally posted by josephw
    Romans 12:2a - [b]And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,.. KJV

To NOT be a part of this world is to NOT be conformed to it. The idea of conformity to the world has to do with being motivated by this worlds ideologies, philosophies and man made institutional religions, and the like, in our thoughts, word ...[text shortened]... ve in the world if we are a part of this Kingdom Jesus spoke of? The answer is Romans 12:2[/b]
    Jesus never said he would re-establish the Kingdom on earth and sit upon a thrown here on earth. The Bible clearly says he would be sitting at the right hand of his Father who is in "heaven".
    His rule and the affects of this Kingdom will be felt here on earth with the earth being brought back to the paradise it once was, but Jesus is now a spirit and he never said he would return to be a fleshly man again ever. There is no need for him to do that as the only reason he became a man was to poor out his blood as a sacrifice for us all.
    If he were to rule as King here on earth why didn't he just stay here and do it after he was resurrected? Did he not have the power to do that?
  9. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 17:11
    Well the main reason is Jesus knew what the purpose of coming to earth was for and that his life had to be given as a sacrifice for humans.
    And as he also mentioned his Kingdom was not part of this world and that when he did take the throne beside his Father it was to be in heaven, not on earth. Otherwise he would have started this new Kingdom on earth after he was resurrected.
    Does the sacrifice part of it bother you ? It does me. I don't get the blood sacrifice part at all. Now if you were in Haiti, and some Voodoo person was killing a chicken for a certain blood drenched ceremony then it might sound like just another primitive belief system from the stone age. Then you look at the modern Christian church believing in such weirdness, and it does seem strange to say the least. In the year 2011 it is amazing that anybody thinks a Blood sacrfice is a rational thing for a God to need. It's a wacky world we live in.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 20:091 edit
    Jesus never said he would re-establish the Kingdom on earth and sit upon a thrown here on earth. The Bible clearly says he would be sitting at the right hand of his Father who is in "heaven".
    His rule and the affects of this Kingdom will be felt here on earth with the earth being brought back to the paradise it once was, but Jesus is now a spirit and h t he just stay here and do it after he was resurrected? Did he not have the power to do that?
    John 14:3 - And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you.

Just read chapter 13 galvy. You will plainly see that what Jesus said above is within the context of His death and resurrection, His subsequent ascension, and eventual return.

As to your question about whether Jesus should have set up shop immediately after His resurrection, I only wish I could tell you. Unfortunately, your knowledge and understanding of the scriptures is woefully inadequate. Everything you know about the Bible has been told to you by others who know nothing as well. It is evident in your post galveston. CAN YOU HEAR ME!

I proved you are wrong. Now be a man about it.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 04:23
    Jesus is coming again to the earth in a very real and physical way and He will rule with a rod of iron. This can be proven with scripture but whatever

Manny
  12. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 11:11
    Originally posted by menace71
    Jesus is coming again to the earth in a very real and physical way and He will rule with a rod of iron. This can be proven with scripture but whatever

Manny
    Rule with a rod of iron ? Sounds warm, and cozy, and full love.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 13:46
    Originally posted by buckky
    Rule with a rod of iron ? Sounds warm, and cozy, and full love.
    It's not meant to be warm, cozy and full of love.

He's coming back to fight Satan and his minions and to finally overcome evil and death forever at the Battle of Armageddon. He's coming back, frankly, to kick ass.

It is in this way that He will even be finally recognized by the Jews as their Messiah. This is the kind of Messiah they expected the first time.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 19:02
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    The Bible clearly says he would be sitting at the right hand of his Father who is in "heaven".

I repeat this point and would like an explination on this from anyone.

Revelation 3:21
    Today's New International Version (TNIV)
    21 To those who are victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 21:01
    The Bible clearly says he would be sitting at the right hand of his Father who is in "heaven".

I repeat this point and would like an explination on this from anyone.

Revelation 3:21
    Today's New International Version (TNIV)
    21 To those who are victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.
    Even you can see that His work on Earth is not finished, no?

Just because He currently sits at the right hand of the Father, that does not mean He is not coming back soon to fulfill the word of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree