1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 23:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Even you can see that His work on Earth is not finished, no?

Just because He currently sits at the right hand of the Father, that does not mean He is not coming back soon to fulfill the word of God.
    Thanks for your comment, and I agree it's not all done. But is Jesus not capable of doing what needs to be completed from heaven?
    But just think on a few scriptures here for a minute for me and see what you think about Jesus coming back to earth and what the bible says would be happening with his presence or the affects of his presence.

How would Jesus return?
    Jesus who was received up from you into the sky will come thus in the same manner as you have beheld him going into the sky.” (Acts 1:11) How reassuring—Jesus’ ascension to heaven did not mean that he was finished with the earth and mankind! On the contrary, Jesus would be back. No doubt these words filled the apostles with hope. Millions of people today also attach great importance to the promise of Christ’s return. Some speak of it as the “Second Coming” or “Advent.” Most, though, seem confused about what Christ’s return really means. In what way does Christ return? When? And how does this affect our lives today?
    According to the book An Evangelical Christology, “the second coming or return of Christ (parousia) establishes the kingdom of God, finally, openly, and for all eternity.” It is a widely held belief that Christ’s return will be openly visible, literally seen by everyone on the planet. To support this notion, many point to Revelation 1:7, which reads: “Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him.” But is this verse meant to be taken literally?
    Remember, the book of Revelation is presented “in signs.” (Revelation 1:1) This passage, then, must be symbolic; after all, how could “those who pierced him” see Christ return? They have been dead nearly 20 centuries! Furthermore, the angels said that Christ would return “in the same manner” as he departed. Well, how did he leave? With millions watching? No, just a few faithful ones beheld the event. And when the angels spoke to them, were the apostles literally watching Christ’s journey all the way to heaven? No, a cloud cover had obscured Jesus from view. Sometime thereafter, he must have entered the spirit heavens as a spirit being, invisible to human eyes. (1 Corinthians 15:50) So, at most, the apostles saw only the beginning of Jesus’ journey; they could not watch its ending, his return to the heavenly presence of his Father, Jehovah. This they could only discern with their eyes of faith.—John 20:17.
    The Bible teaches that Jesus returns in much the same way. Jesus himself said shortly before his death: “A little longer and the world will behold me no more.” (John 14:19) He also said that “the kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness.” (Luke 17:20) In what sense, then, will ‘every eye see him’? To answer, we first need a clear understanding of the word Jesus and his followers used in connection with his return.
    The fact is, Christ does much more than simply “return.” That word, like “coming,” “arrival,” or “advent,” implies a single event in a brief moment of time. But the Greek word that Jesus and his followers used means much more. The word is pa‧rou‧si′a, literally meaning a “being alongside” or a “presence.” Most scholars agree that this word incorporates not only an arrival but also a subsequent presence—as in a State visit from a royal personage. This presence is not a momentary event; it is a special era, a marked period of time. At Matthew 24:37-39, Jesus said that “the presence [pa‧rou‧si′a] of the Son of man” would be like “the days of Noah” which culminated in the Flood. Noah was building the ark and warning the wicked for decades before the Flood arrived and wiped out that corrupt world system. Likewise, then, Christ’s invisible presence lasts over a period of some decades before it too culminates in a great destruction.
    Undoubtedly, the pa‧rou‧si′a is not literally visible to human eyes. If it were, why would Jesus spend so much time, as we shall see, giving his followers a sign to help them to discern this presence? However, when Christ comes to destroy Satan’s world system, the fact of his presence will be overwhelmingly manifest to all. It is then that “every eye will see him.” Even Jesus’ opponents will be able to discern, to their dismay, that Christ’s reign is real.—See Matthew 24:30; 2 Thessalonians 2:8; Revelation 1:5, 6.
    The Messiah’s presence begins with an event that fulfills a recurring theme of the Messianic prophecies. He is crowned as King in heaven. (2 Samuel 7:12-16; Isaiah 9:6, 7; Ezekiel 21:26, 27) Jesus himself showed that his presence would be tied to his kingship. In several illustrations, he likened himself to a master who leaves his household and slaves behind, traveling for a long time to a “distant land” where he receives “kingly power.” He gave one such illustration as part of his answer to his apostles’ question about when his pa‧rou‧si′a would begin; another he gave because “they were imagining that the kingdom of God was going to display itself instantly.” (Luke 19:11, 12, 15; Matthew 24:3; 25:14, 19) So during his time on earth as a man, his coronation was still a long time away, to occur in the “distant land” of heaven.
    When Jesus’ disciples asked him: “What will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” Jesus responded by giving them a detailed description of that future time. (Matthew, chapter 24; Mark, chapter 13; Luke, chapter 21; see also 2 Timothy 3:1-5; Revelation, chapter 6.) This sign amounts to a detailed portrait of a troubled era. It is a time marked by international wars, rising crime, deteriorating family life, disease epidemics, famines, and earthquakes—not as localized problems but as globe-embracing crises.

Doesn't every passing day confirm that the last few decades fits Jesus’ description?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 01:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Doesn't every passing day confirm that the last few decades fits Jesus’ description?
    There's no doubt of this, except among the unbelievers, precisely the ones who need to take heed.

But are you one of these "signs" guys who apologize for the Book of Revelation?

"No, man, it's not literal, no need to be scared..."
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 02:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There's no doubt of this, except among the unbelievers, precisely the ones who need to take heed.

But are you one of these "signs" guys who apologize for the Book of Revelation?

"No, man, it's not literal, no need to be scared..."
    I'm not a "sign guy" and we all better take it literal. There are descriptions in Revelation that are symbolic but there are many descriptions that are very real.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 03:44
    pa‧rou‧si&#8242
    That's easy for you to say.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 04:21
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    That's easy for you to say.
    Lol... For some reason my computer does that and I usually go get that stuff out but I forgot to do it this time. Sorry!!! 🙂
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 19:57
    Lol... For some reason my computer does that and I usually go get that stuff out but I forgot to do it this time. Sorry!!! 🙂
    Don't worry about it, I was just giving you some pa‧rou‧si&#8242

🙂
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 22:46
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Don't worry about it, I was just giving you some pa‧rou‧si&#8242

🙂
    Thanks..Lol.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 02:26
    blahh blahhh blahhh I hate the spiritual forum

Manny
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 03:17
    Originally posted by menace71
    blahh blahhh blahhh I hate the spiritual forum

Manny
    Then why are you here?
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 19:53
    Then why are you here?
    To argue with you 😉 Just gets old is all. You (whoever) try to cram your beliefs down our throat then I (we) come back and try to do the same. I think in the grand scheme of things is it really that important if you or I believe in the trinity? (Call me heretic other Christians so be it) Probably not. Is God going to say servant Manny or G-75? did you believe in the trinity? No I don't think so!!! He will ask us how did you love others? Did you serve yourself ? Or me ?

Manny
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 20:45
    Originally posted by menace71
    To argue with you 😉 Just gets old is all. You (whoever) try to cram your beliefs down our throat then I (we) come back and try to do the same. I think in the grand scheme of things is it really that important if you or I believe in the trinity? (Call me heretic other Christians so be it) Probably not. Is God going to say servant Manny or G-75? did you beli ...[text shortened]... nk so!!! He will ask us how did you love others? Did you serve yourself ? Or me ?

Manny
    I'm not trying to crame anything down anyones throat. In fact many times I've tried as well as Robbie to show the hope of a better life on a paradise planet that the Bible teaches and that Jesus taught and that we all have the opportunity to have in the very near future.
    But sure as all get out we get attacked and say that it's some silly belief the JW's teach and since no other religions teach it, we're "brainwashed." But in fact it's crystal clear in the Bible but for some ungodly reasion no one cares about that, especially because all we hear is " we're already saved" which gives the impression that it's out of their hands and now in God's or Jesus's or the Holy Spirit. Well it's not as Jesus commanded us as in you and me to do what he did while he was here on earth. Go teach to the entire world.
    And yes it completely matters how we believe and worship God. He demands we worship him with truth or else half the Bible means nothing....... It contains example after example of how it disgust him to have any paganistic beliefs involved in our worship to him. Even in the first 10 commandments. But if it doesn't matter to you then that's your option.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Jul '11 04:04
    I'm not trying to crame anything down anyones throat. In fact many times I've tried as well as Robbie to show the hope of a better life on a paradise planet that the Bible teaches and that Jesus taught and that we all have the opportunity to have in the very near future.
    But sure as all get out we get attacked and say that it's some silly belief the JW ...[text shortened]... first 10 commandments. But if it doesn't matter to you then that's your option.
    I don't care if I get moderated for this your a douche bag you have no love in your heart just your doctrine that is it!!!

Manny
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '11 09:56
    The Bible clearly says he would be sitting at the right hand of his Father who is in "heaven".

I repeat this point and would like an explination on this from anyone.

Revelation 3:21
    Today's New International Version (TNIV)
    21 To those who are victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.
    How long will Jesus be sitting at the right hand of His Father, who is in "heaven"?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 13:23
    John 18:35-37
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

35 Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered You to me; what have You done?”
    36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as ...[text shortened]... o part of the world and still live in the world if we are a part of this Kingdom Jesus spoke of?
    When Adam and the woman were in Eden, they were given the choice: God's system or Satan's. Those who choose God's have selected the Tree of Life's. Those who reject God's system have selected good-and-evil. On its face, the latter doesn't seem all that bad, but in the end, it is certain death.

Those who accept the gift of Life from the Lord Jesus Christ have, in effect, re-entered the Garden and selected the fruit from the Tree of Life's. These same people reject the worldly system of good-and-evil. That's not to say that believers are always eating from the right tree: most of the confusion arrives from us straying from the diet. But, in essence, this is a good illustration of what the Lord Jesus Christ was referencing with the passage quoted.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 13:25
    Well the main reason is Jesus knew what the purpose of coming to earth was for and that his life had to be given as a sacrifice for humans.
    And as he also mentioned his Kingdom was not part of this world and that when he did take the throne beside his Father it was to be in heaven, not on earth. Otherwise he would have started this new Kingdom on earth after he was resurrected.
    When He returns to the planet to set up His kingdom, He will be establishing a new heaven and a new earth. David will rule on the earth in Jerusalem; the Lord Jesus Christ will rule from above the earth, albeit visible on the Throne.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree