1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 02:191 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    What is it saying, then?
    What is the scripture saying I posted? Is it saying there has not always been badness? No. Also this:

The Last Days: 2 Tim 3: 1-5

1 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious; 3 they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good; 4 they will be treacherous, reckless, and swollen with pride; they will love pleasure rather than God; 5 they will hold to the outward form of our religion, but reject its real power. Keep away from such people.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 02:30
    Name just one.
    Just go back to the discussions in "search" under "last days" "signs of the last days" or anything such as those titles.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 02:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Many posters in other discussions. In fact most say this...
    Can you cite just one of them? I don't think you can. If there are supposedly many of them ~ or "most" ~ it ought to be easy. You'll probably tell me to look it up myself, but the onus is on you as it is you who has made the claim.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 02:37
    Just go back to the discussions in "search" under "last days" "signs of the last days" or anything such as those titles.
    You made the claim. The onus is on you to substantiate it.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 02:39
    What is the scripture saying I posted? Is it saying there has not always been badness? No. Also this:

The Last Days: 2 Tim 3: 1-5

1 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious; 3 they will b ...[text shortened]... hold to the outward form of our religion, but reject its real power. Keep away from such people.
    It was exactly like this in Jesus' day, wasn't it? Didn't Jesus accuse the Pharisees of having an outward form or their religion, but rejected it's real power? And couldn't you make the argument that Jesus believed he was in the "last days"?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 03:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    You made the claim. The onus is on you to substantiate it.
    Ok the discussion here is on what's happening in the world today and what the bible says. It is not who said what and when they said it. if you don't want to discuss this please leave the thread and stop hijacking it.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 03:37
    It was exactly like this in Jesus' day, wasn't it? Didn't Jesus accuse the Pharisees of having an outward form or their religion, but rejected it's real power? And couldn't you make the argument that Jesus believed he was in the "last days"?
    He knew the Jewish system was about to end which it did 40 years later. There was a minor fulfillment for that time, but the major things he spoke of were concerning the whole world not just that immediate time period.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 03:54
    Ok the discussion here is on what's happening in the world today and what the bible says. It is not who said what and when they said it. if you don't want to discuss this please leave the thread and stop hijacking it.
    But it's you yourself ~ in your own OP ~ and not me, who said "Just wondering if those who say, "no nothing has changed in our day from the past", still feel the same with all the things happening in the world now?" How can I be "hijacking" your thread if I am addressing what you said in the OP?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 03:59
    Ok the discussion here is on what's happening in the world today and what the bible says.
    As for the discussion, well, I have said this:

"I think in many key ways the world is a better place now than it was in 1960, 1910, 1860, 1810 and so on."

And this:

"Things are mostly getting better right across the board where I live, the fifth biggest country in this real world we both live in. Although there are still plenty of people not fully benefitting from all aspects of progress, the proportion that isn't is decreasing."

And yet you appear to be avoiding any "discussion".
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 04:06
    He knew the Jewish system was about to end which it did 40 years later. There was a minor fulfillment for that time, but the major things he spoke of were concerning the whole world not just that immediate time period.
    What do you mean "end"? Those same religious practices continue on today among Jews.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 13:411 edit
    What do you mean "end"? Those same religious practices continue on today among Jews.
    Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 CE. That was the first appication of Jesus words. He did not say the religion would be destroyed....
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 13:46
    "What indicates that we today are living in “the last days”?

The Bible describes events and conditions that mark this significant time period. “The sign” is a composite one made up of many evidences; thus its fulfillment requires that all aspects of the sign be clearly in evidence during one generation. The various aspects of the sign are recorded at Matthew chapters 24, 25, Mark 13, and Luke 21; there are further details at 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 2 Peter 3:3, 4, and Revelation 6:1-8.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 13:53
    Revelation 12:12 Good News Translation (GNT)

12 And so be glad, you heavens, and all you that live there! But how terrible for the earth and the sea! For the Devil has come down to you, and he is filled with rage, because he knows that he has only a little time left.”

This is the reason why wickedness would escalate during the last days before armegeddon.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 13:55
    The Last Days

2 Tim 3: 1-5, 12 & 13

1 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious; 3 they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good; 4 they will be ...[text shortened]... e same with all the things happening in the world now?

Sorry I missed adding the title......
    Do you get Google news alerts which prompt you every time to write an "end times" post?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 14:00
    Revelation 12:12 Good News Translation (GNT)

12 And so be glad, you heavens, and all you that live there! But how terrible for the earth and the sea! For the Devil has come down to you, and he is filled with rage, because he knows that he has only a little time left.”

This is the reason why wickedness would escalate during the last days before armegeddon.
    Even if the "Devil has come down"

Even if the world is about to lurch into apocalyptic devastation

Even if Jesus is about to return

Even then...you are still wrong about blood transfusions, the deity and identity of Christ, what constitutes Matt 28:19, birthdays, the Lord's supper, what is required for salvation, the 144,000, shunning, and mostly about being the sole holders of god's truth on earth.

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree