no title

no title

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 15
1 edit

The Last Days

2 Tim 3: 1-5, 12 & 13

1 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious; 3 they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good; 4 they will be treacherous, reckless, and swollen with pride; they will love pleasure rather than God; 5 they will hold to the outward form of our religion, but reject its real power. Keep away from such people.

12 Everyone who wants to live a godly life in union with Christ Jesus will be persecuted; 13 and evil persons and impostors will keep on "going from bad to worse", deceiving others and being deceived themselves.

This topic of the "time of the end" has been discussed before many times. Just wondering if those who say, "no nothing has changed in our day from the past", still feel the same with all the things happening in the world now?

Sorry I missed adding the title......

F

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by galveston75
Just wondering if those who say, "no nothing has changed in our day from the past", still feel the same with all the things happening in the world now?
I think in many key ways the world is a better place now than it was in 1960, 1910, 1860, 1810 and so on. This has been discussed before many times. If you can cite just one contributor here who has said "no nothing has changed in our day from the past" then maybe we can tackle him or her on the silliness of their assertion.

F

Moves
08 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally quoted by galveston75
Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious; 3 they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good; 4 they will be treacherous, reckless, and swollen with pride; they will love pleasure rather than God; 5 they will hold to the outward form of our religion, but reject its real power. Keep away from such people.

I assume you've got YouTube clips of people doing all the above things?

rain

Moves
08 Jan 15

The Last Days

2 Tim 3: 1-5, 12 & 13

1 Remember that there will be difficult times in the last days. 2 People will be selfish, greedy, boastful, and conceited; they will be insulting, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, and irreligious; 3 they will be unkind, merciless, slanderers, violent, and fierce; they will hate the good; 4 they will be ...[text shortened]... e same with all the things happening in the world now?

Sorry I missed adding the title......
Greed, violence, selfishness, etc., has always existed. By the bible's logic, the end times could've been a thousand years ago.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I think in many key ways the world is a better place now than it was in 1960, 1910, 1860, 1810 and so on. This has been discussed before many times. If you can cite just one contributor here who has said "no nothing has changed in our day from the past" then maybe we can tackle him or her on the silliness of their assertion.
I don't have time right now this evening. Sorry. But yes some things make life better even though many of them are doing the earth harm. But piece of mind and just piece in general are fading fast...

There's one posting now.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by vivify
Greed, violence, selfishness, etc., has always existed. By the bible's logic, the end times could've been a thousand years ago.
That's not what the bible is saying....

F

Moves
08 Jan 15

I don't have time right now this evening. Sorry. But yes some things make life better even though many of them are doing the earth harm. But piece of mind and just piece in general are fading fast...
Things are mostly getting better right across the board where I live, the fifth biggest country in this real world we both live in. Although there are still plenty of people not fully benefitting from all aspects of progress, the proportion that isn't is decreasing.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Things are mostly getting better right across the board where I live, the fifth biggest country in this real world we both live in. Although there are still plenty of people not fully benefitting from all aspects of progress, the proportion that isn't is decreasing.
Do you feel safer now then 40 or 30 or 20 years ago?

F

Moves
08 Jan 15

Do you feel safer now then 40 or 30 or 20 years ago?
40 years ago I was too young for an answer to be valid in this discussion. 30 years ago I had some issues with "feeling safe" on account of the part of London I was living in at the time. 20 years ago I felt pretty safe ~ even though I had taken on a big challenge and was dealing with many unknowns and new things. And I feel even safer nowadays - maybe the safest I've ever been.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
40 years ago I was too young for an answer to be valid in this discussion. 30 years ago I had some issues with "feeling safe" on account of the part of London I was living in at the time. 20 years ago I felt pretty safe ~ even though I had taken on a big challenge and was dealing with many unknowns and new things. And I feel even safer nowadays - maybe the safest I've ever been.
Hummm, do you watch the news or read the paper?

F

Moves
08 Jan 15

Hummm, do you watch the news or read the paper?
Yes I do. And indeed I read more widely than that too. That's why my optimism and positivity about the world, and about how it continues to become a better place for an increasingly large proportion of humanity to live, has some basis.

F

Moves
08 Jan 15

Just wondering if those who say, "no nothing has changed in our day from the past", still feel the same with all the things happening in the world now?
Who claims "no nothing has changed in our day from the past"? This is the second time of asking.

rain

Moves
08 Jan 15

That's not what the bible is saying....
What is it saying, then?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Who claims "no nothing has changed in our day from the past"? This is the second time of asking.
Many posters in other discussions. In fact most say this...

rain

Moves
08 Jan 15

Many posters in other discussions. In fact most say this...
Name just one.