1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 11:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    other Biblical figures attest to the authenticity of Noah and its account, Peter and Christ himself , just by way of example.

(Matthew 24:36-42)  “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.  For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be.  For as they ...[text shortened]... in Gods word the Bible, and we have not even touched upon the other evidence for its validity.
    Believing in the flooding is a part of your religion. I don't have any problems with that.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 11:59
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Believing in the flooding is a part of your religion. I don't have any problems with that.
    thankyou Fabian for your objectivity. If you were a Christian, even though you are not, would you have to accept the flood account or not?
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Posted by Galvestone in another thread as evidence for the flood. Thought it would be more relevant in a thread about Noah's Ark.

I'm still at work but I'll answer the one about the flood because it's easy. Scientist say that the water we have on earth today including underground, ice caps and in the atmosphere is still the same amount that has always ...[text shortened]... the amount of water is on this planet and more then enough for God to use to flood it.
    Also the earth was no doubt flatter then after the flood. That's why they are able to find ocean life fossils on Mt. Everest as well as other high mountains around the world. They were once at or below the sea level at that time.

So your saying there is no such thing as plate-tectonics? The creationist account gives the date for the flood as around 3000BC, are you suggesting the Himalayan mountian range has grown to it's impressive height only in the last 5,000yrs?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:02
    [b]and we have not even touched upon the other evidence for its validity

I'm all ears!!![/b]
    Lol, all shall be revealed in due time my dear Noobster, let us see how the Christians shall react. what say you, if you are a professing Christian, would you need to accept this account as real or not?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:09
    Lol, all shall be revealed in due time my dear Noobster, let us see how the Christians shall react. what say you, if you are a professing Christian, would you need to accept this account as real or not?
    It's a tricky question because obviously i'm not a Christian. A literal account of the event is obviously so far out there i wouldn't be able to take it seiously.

But i'm not a Christian so i can't really give you an answer.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:14
    thankyou Fabian for your objectivity. If you were a Christian, even though you are not, would you have to accept the flood account or not?
    Not.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:17
    It's a tricky question because obviously i'm not a Christian. A literal account of the event is obviously so far out there i wouldn't be able to take it seiously.

yes, for if we do not accept it as factual and literal, then what was Jesus talking about? what was Paul and Peter talking about? indeed it calls into question the validity of the sacred text and the teachings of Christ and the apostles. But we need not fear, Christ himself always spoke truth, therefore there must be a basis for establishing its validity, all we need to do is find the evidence 🙂
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:191 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Not.
    then you dismiss the teachings of Christ, the apostles and deny the inspiration of the word of God. On what shall your faith now rest? a sand castle by the sea?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:24
    yes, for if we do not accept it as factual and literal, then what was Jesus talking about? what was Paul and Peter talking about? indeed it calls into question the validity of the sacred text and the teachings of Christ and the apostles. But we need not fear, Christ himself always spoke truth, therefore there must be a basis for establishing its validity, all we need to do is find the evidence 🙂
    Who knows what Jesus was talking about? Answer, nobody. He didn't author any part of the Bible. Most scholars agree the gospels were written years after he died, so i don't think you can attribute much to what Jesus said with any degree of certainty.

therefore there must be a basis for establishing its validity, all we need to do is find the evidence

Like i said Rob, i'm all ears on this one.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:26
    Who knows what Jesus was talking about? Answer, nobody. He didn't author any part of the Bible. Most scholars agree the gospels were written years after he died, so i don't think you can attribute much to what Jesus said with any degree of certainty.

[b]therefore there must be a basis for establishing its validity, all we need to do is find the evidence

Like i said Rob, i'm all ears on this one.[/b]
    fear not dear Noob, the avenues of investigation are well established and often trodden.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:401 edit

"But i'm not a Christian"
    we won't hold it against you, nobody is perfect.

on a more related to the subject note, i am a christian and i don't believe in the noah's ark story. even if i could dismiss the scientifical evidence pointing to the absurdity of the universal flood, i would still be afraid god will smite me for portraying him to be a ruthless, maniacal, wasteful, "take the longest route" moron like he is portrayed in the noah sotry.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "But i'm not a Christian"

on a more related to the subject note, i am a christian and i don't believe in the noah's ark story. even if i could dismiss the scientifical evidence pointing to the absurdity of the universal flood, i would still be afraid god will smite me for portraying him to be a ruthless ...[text shortened]... niacal, wasteful, "take the longest route" moron like he is portrayed in the noah sotry.

True, and definitely not Christains!!!
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:56
    fear not dear Noob, the avenues of investigation are well established and often trodden.
    I believe this is the part when logic, reason and evidence go flying out the window.

It will be known as 'Carrobie time!!!'
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 13:08
    then you dismiss the teachings of Christ, the apostles and deny the inspiration of the word of God. On what shall your faith now rest? a sand castle by the sea?
    As you already know, I don't share your beliefs of the christian god, so of course I dismiss everything religious that your christ are telling. We don't even know what he was telling, because his words are written down at least 60 years after his death by old and faulty men. And that's my beliefs. And you already knew that.

The sand castle you call the bible is not even crumbling, it lies flat on the ground already, washed away by ocean waves of science. You asked, I answered, nothing personal.

However, friends of mine, non fundamentalist christians, with a sound and healthy faith, doesn't for a moment believe that there ever was a global flooding during the history of man, that the universe is about 14 billion of years old, that dinosaurs never lived in the same era as humans. For short, they have a sound and healthy faith.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 13:101 edit
    [b]we won't hold it against you, nobody is perfect.

True, and definitely not Christains!!![/b]
    we are only closer. in heaven we will get the best parking spots.
    the atheists will get to park out in the open where the nice pigeons who go to heaven will be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree