1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 19:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    If you're Christian yes, but the issue for me is this. How can you be 100% certain that what is reported to be the teachings of Jesus, are in fact the actual teachings of Jesus? As i said in my post above you would have to invent a time machine, go back and see with your own eyes, and also learn Aramaic otherwise you wouldn't know what he was banging on ...[text shortened]... ..........that's a lot of water. And then where did it go.

I can't see it happening Rob.
    Without first believing there is a God and not realizing what he can do and accept that he has the power and might far beyond our understanding, no it will never make sence to you...
    Yes it would be really cool to have all the answers and I understand why you would want them, but that's just not the way it is. I hope you find what your looking for.
  2. The Smoke
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 19:38
    Secondly where did all the water come from? To cover all the mountains with Everest at 8.8km tall.............that's a lot of water. And then where did it go.
    indeed ! :-) did ask myself the same question after having watched "2012" movie (btw, it's rubbish)
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 19:471 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Who cares about your opinion? That's all it is right?
    I careπŸ™‚

Did anyone see tha ads for the "2012" movie. One picture depicts a huge tidal wave coming over the top of the himalayas. Complete with monk and all. On first thoughts I reckoned that there wasn't enough water to go that high.Anyone? After all the oceans are pretty deep. Then again this is much different from "40 days of rain". A wave like that would've been caused by a meteor..
    Pretty cool picture though...(crap,sorry. i should read all the posts before posting)
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 19:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how big do you think the dimensions of the arc were Noobster? they are given in the Bible. also how long did it take Noah to construct the arc, him and his sons, this is also given in the Bible.
    300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high. Which translates to about 152m long, 25m wide and 15m tall.

If we say for arguments sake the vessel is a cube shape, that's a total area of 57,000m3.

When you take into account that with a conservatitve estimate there are 10 million species in the world, and of course they had to be paired up. That's 20 million animals on a boat that has 57,000m3 space. By my shoddy maths, thats 351 animals per sqaure meter.

Which leads me to my next question.......where did they put all the food for 20 million animals??
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 19:58
    i care for your opinion, that is why i appealed to you as an objective and impersonal adjudicator, for you, by not accepting it, would have no problem in evaluating it from a non Christian standpoint. i.e. as someone with no axe to grind. But you let me down, never the less, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, except Gods.
    I don't have an opinion to be accepted by others. I have an opinion because I stand for it. It's not a set back if you don't aprove of my opinion. I didn't thought you would in the first place. We live in different universes.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 20:012 edits
    300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high. Which translates to about 152m long, 25m wide and 15m tall.

If we say for arguments sake the vessel is a cube shape, that's a total area of 57,000m3.

When you take into account that with a conservatitve estimate there are 10 million species in the world, and of course they had to be paired up. Th ch leads me to my next question.......where did they put all the food for 20 million animals??
    so we are talking of a vessel that is larger than a four storey tenement building and bigger than Wembley stadium in length and breadth, yes! is your estimate of the number of species in the world inclusive of insects and fish?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 20:031 edit
    so we are talking of a vessel that is larger than a four storey tenement building and bigger than Wembley stadium in length and bridth, yes!
    Granted it's a big boat Rob. But the maths just don't add up.

I believe insects are included.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 20:04
    Granted it's a big boat Rob. But the maths just don't add up.
    patience my friend, patience, oh yeah of little faith πŸ˜›
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 20:16
    patience my friend, patience, oh yeah of little faith πŸ˜›
    Okay, robbie, my question to you: Was dinosaurs omboard or not?
    Some creationists claim it, but my question is: Do you?
    Are you man for your hat and stand for your opinion?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 22:163 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Okay, robbie, my question to you: Was dinosaurs omboard or not?
    Some creationists claim it, but my question is: Do you?
    Are you man for your hat and stand for your opinion?
    Fabian, there is no Biblical record of dinosaurs being on board of the arc, this i would think, and this is just my own thoughts simply be impractical. Those creationists who wish to establish that there were, have no Biblical basis whatsoever for doing so. Their whole case rests in the erroneous assertion that the creative days were short, clearly erroneous and its no wonder they have got themselves into big trouble. i do not hold the opinion that they were, for contemporary science states that dinosaurs died out some fifty million years ago? I have no reason to dispute it, for it is not in conflict with the revealed word of God.
  11. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 23:24
    Fabian, there is no Biblical record of dinosaurs being on board of the arc, this i would think, and this is just my own thoughts simply be impractical. Those creationists who wish to establish that there were, have no Biblical basis whatsoever for doing so. Their whole case rests in the erroneous assertion that the creative days were short, clearly ...[text shortened]... s ago? I have no reason to dispute it, for it is not in conflict with the revealed word of God.
    Going slightly off the topic I know, but exactly how is this 'word of god' revealed to you Robbie? To clarify my question, how do you know that it is, in fact, the word of god?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 00:022 edits
    Originally posted by amannion
    Going slightly off the topic I know, but exactly how is this 'word of god' revealed to you Robbie? To clarify my question, how do [b]you know that it is, in fact, the word of god?[/b]
    Hi, through the application of its principles and wisdom, through a study of prophecy, through its internal harmony, through the testimony of Jesus Christ and other eye witness accounts, through archaeological finds, through its harmony with science, through accurate historical portrayal, through an accurate examination of the accounts surrounding the miracles of Christ etc etc
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 00:19
    Hi, through the application of its principles and wisdom, through a study of prophecy, through its internal harmony, through the testimony of Jesus Christ and other eye witness accounts, through archaeological finds, through its harmony with science, through accurate historical portrayal, through an accurate examination of the accounts surrounding the miracles of Christ etc etc
    Nothing much here - apart from the JC-specific stuff - is particular to christianity. Other sacred texts reveal as much to their followers. Why do you reject them in favour of this one?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 00:42
    Originally posted by menace71
    Myth? Legend? What do you all think?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searches_for_Noah%27s_Ark

Seems very interesting either way.

Manny
    Too fantastic to be false.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 00:471 edit
    Originally posted by amannion
    Nothing much here - apart from the JC-specific stuff - is particular to christianity. Other sacred texts reveal as much to their followers. Why do you reject them in favour of this one?
    oh really? the perhaps you shall point out how archaeology supports the book of Mormon? perhaps you shall point out prophecy's of the Koran which have come true? perhaps you shall point out the scientific accuracy of the Hindu creation account? perhaps you would like to cite the application of the principles and wisdom of the Egyptian book of the dead as evidence of its inspiration? perhaps the historical figures of the Rig Veda are traceable and real? and so it goes on and on, Bible is unique my friend, without parallel and inspired of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree