Noah's flood debunked ten times over:

Noah's flood debunked ten times over:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Aug 15

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
16 Aug 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Thanks, sonhouse, for this valuable and important site.

I found especially this part very insightful, because many here may believe that Hind's pov on Noah is necessary for Christians. In fact, the opposite is true.

"
The maintenance of modern creationism and Flood geology not only is useless apologetically with unbelieving scientists, it is harmful. Although many who have no scientific training have been swayed by creationist arguments, the unbelieving scientist will reason that a Christianity that believes in such nonsense must be a religion not worthy of his interest. . . . Modern creationism in this sense is apologetically and evangelistically ineffective. It could even be a hindrance to the gospel.

"Another possible danger is that in presenting the gospel to the lost and in defending God's truth we ourselves will seem to be false. It is time for Christian people to recognize that the defense of this modern, young-Earth, Flood-geology creationism is simply not truthful. It is simply not in accord with the facts that God has given. Creationism must be abandoned by Christians before harm is done. . . ."

Moves
16 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by CalJust
Thanks, sonhouse, for this valuable and important site.

I found especially this part very insightful, because many here may believe that Hind's pov on Noah is necessary for Christians. In fact, the opposite is true.

"
The maintenance of modern creationism and Flood geology not only is useless apologetically with unbelieving scientists, it is ha ...[text shortened]... t God has given. Creationism must be abandoned by Christians before harm is done. . . ."
The teaching of eternal suffering is a damage doctrine.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
The teaching of eternal suffering is a damage doctrine.
Designed to control people. A god would never do that, only humans could be so cruel.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Aug 15

Designed to control people. A god would never do that, only humans could be so cruel.
You have no idea what God would do, because you do not know Him and have never studied His words. And for your information Noah's flood has never been debunked like evilution has been. 😏

Evilution Debunked

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
And for your information Noah's flood has never been debunked like evilution has been.
Ahem, actually it has - multiple times over, as shown in the site that sonhouse referenced.

Are you just going to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by CalJust
Ahem, actually it has - multiple times over, as shown in the site that sonhouse referenced.

Are you just going to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist?
Nah, he'll just go back to 'my thumbs are in my ears, I can't hear you' or 'no, they are wrong, I am right'

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
17 Aug 15
1 edit

Hey, if we stopped to debate each argument in this piece, we have topics here for enough threads to flood the internet. It could be like the second flood sent to punish our arrogance.

This is one of my favourites and I just know RJH has the answers in a video somewhere dark with a lamp shining on it:

How did the ark survive the process? Such a wholesale restructuring of the earth's topography, compressed into just a few months, would have produced tsunamis large enough to circle the earth. The aftershocks alone would have been devastating for years afterwards.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by finnegan
Hey, if we stopped to debate each argument in this piece, we have topics here for enough threads to flood the internet. It could be like the second flood sent to punish our arrogance.

This is one of my favourites and I just know RJH has the answers in a video somewhere dark with a lamp shining on it:

How did the ark survive the process? Such a whole ...[text shortened]... ugh to circle the earth. The aftershocks alone would have been devastating for years afterwards.
Don't forget, he also said Mt Everest was a lot shorter back in the flood days so there didn't need to be 30,000 feet of water covering the Earth. Apparently even HE sees there are problems with the flood fairy tale. Oh yeah, the continents were pushing together something like a thousand times faster than now and all that magnetic magma data recorded in the Atlantic between South America and Africa, that is all just fantasy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Aug 15

Don't forget, he also said Mt Everest was a lot shorter back in the flood days so there didn't need to be 30,000 feet of water covering the Earth. Apparently even HE sees there are problems with the flood fairy tale. Oh yeah, the continents were pushing together something like a thousand times faster than now and all that magnetic magma data recorded in the Atlantic between South America and Africa, that is all just fantasy.
The Great Flood Of Noah

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Aug 15

The Great Flood Of Noah

[youtube]KlWIu7An8_0[/youtube]
So where are your converts? You should have several hundred by now if what you believe is so great.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Aug 15

So where are your converts? You should have several hundred by now if what you believe is so great.
Several hundred? There are several million people that believe in Noah's flood. What is your problem? 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Aug 15

Several hundred? There are several million people that believe in Noah's flood. What is your problem? 😏
I am talking about YOUR converts. You should just stick to using your engine in chess and give up this vain hope of actually convincing anyone here who wasn't already tainted with the bankrupt bible.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Aug 15

I am talking about YOUR converts. You should just stick to using your engine in chess and give up this vain hope of actually convincing anyone here who wasn't already tainted with the bankrupt bible.
You have no educational arguments for your viewpoint so you have to resort to personal attacks to make yourself feel better. That's a shame for a guy of your age. 🙁

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Aug 15

You have no educational arguments for your viewpoint so you have to resort to personal attacks to make yourself feel better. That's a shame for a guy of your age. 🙁
Look at the kettle calling the pot black, numbnuts I believe was your term.