YouTube
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 15:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Noah's flood

[youtube]QOx7yMDbt_Y[/youtube]
    I stopped as soon as he said two of each animal. Apparently he doesn't know the bible that well either.

Although ungodly people may have a hard time seeing the blessing in God’s commands, there is another scenario that must be considered: there are well-meaning people who doubt the Bible because they heard someone say, “The Bible says…” when in fact the Bible does not say that at all. These widely believed falsehoods might well be called “Christian myths” or even “urban Christian legends.” To see how widespread the misinformation about the Bible is, consider the following simple question:
    “How many sheep got on Noah’s ark?” If you thought “two,” you have been listening to some of the common misinformation that floats around in Christian circles. Genesis records that God said to Noah, “Of every clean beast you shall receive and take with you seven pairs…” (Gen. 7:2a- AMP). Sheep are considered “clean” according to Levitical Law, so 14 of them would have gotten on the Ark. Seven pairs of the bird genuses were also taken on the Ark (Gen. 7:3-AMP). It was the “unclean” animals that came on by twos (Gen. 7:2).
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 15:45
    Noah's flood

[youtube]QOx7yMDbt_Y[/youtube]
    One thing about the ark you would take the baby animals and not the adult animals. So for example kittens were on the ark and not cats. Same thing with puppies and not grown up dogs.
  4. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 16:052 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    One thing about the ark you would take the baby animals and not the adult animals. So for example kittens were on the ark and not cats. Same thing with puppies and not grown up dogs.
    And, of course, baby elephants and baby lions from Africa, baby kangaroos from Australia, etc.

With picnic lunches for the (rather long) way through hostile and alien habitats.

Btw, I checked the answeringenesis website for their take on this problem, and (rather predictably) their solution is: Well, since God said it, he must have had a way to do it, even if we can't figure out how!

This will satisfy Sunday school kids, but don't call it Creation "Science".
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 16:11
    Originally posted by CalJust
    And, of course, baby elephants and baby lions from Africa, baby kangaroos from Australia, etc.

With picnic lunches for the (rather long) way through hostile and alien habitats.

Btw, I checked the answeringenesis website for their take on this problem, and (rather predictably) their solution is: Well, since God said it, he must have had a way to do it, even if we can't figure out how!

And after that, of course, for the long hike back...
    Don't forget all the baby dinosaurs and Sauropods, Tricerotops, velociraptors, pterodactyls, and that feathered dino the Chinese just discovered. I think the Ark is not going to hold even babies at this point. BTW, with all those species, how do you feed them with only 8 or ten people?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 16:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    there are well-meaning people who doubt the Bible because they heard someone say, “The Bible says…” when in fact the Bible does not say that at all.
    I am an atheist not because of anything particular in the Bible. However, I do have to point out that I find the whole Noah story to be unbelievable not because of the specific number of Sheep that got in the ark, but the whole concept of a global flood and all the animals in the world somehow fitting on a single boat, and then later getting back to their homes in various parts of the globe and somehow successfully breeding. Just about everything in the story violates what any reasonably well educated person knows about the world. Exactly how many sheep? Irrelevant.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 17:00
    Since checkbaiter insists on details here are some quick questions for you:
    How long was the flood?
    How long to kittens take to grow up?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 03:36
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I stopped as soon as he said two of each animal. Apparently he doesn't know the bible that well either.

Although ungodly people may have a hard time seeing the blessing in God’s commands, there is another scenario that must be considered: there are well-meaning people who doubt the Bible because they heard someone say, “The Bible says…” when in fact t ...[text shortened]... o taken on the Ark (Gen. 7:3-AMP). It was the “unclean” animals that came on by twos (Gen. 7:2).
    You should have continued with the video because you missed the whole point. This video was not about how many animals were on the ark, but about geological evidence for Noah's worldwide flood.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 03:37
    This video is not about that. That is for another video.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 03:40
    Originally posted by CalJust

Btw, I checked the answeringenesis website for their take on this problem, and (rather predictably) their solution is: Well, since God said it, he must have had a way to do it, ...[text shortened]... t figure out how!

This will satisfy Sunday school kids, but don't call it Creation "Science".
    This guy has a good explantion for that on another video, but this video was only to provide evidence that there was a worldwide flood like Noah's flood.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 03:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Don't forget all the baby dinosaurs and Sauropods, Tricerotops, velociraptors, pterodactyls, and that feathered dino the Chinese just discovered. I think the Ark is not going to hold even babies at this point. BTW, with all those species, how do you feed them with only 8 or ten people?
    The ark would have plenty of room for extra animals.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 03:441 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Since checkbaiter insists on details here are some quick questions for you:
    How long was the flood?
    How long to kittens take to grow up?
    This video answers how long the flood lasted. But you can easily find that information in the Genesis. I found the other answer on the kittens here:
    In general, a kitten is considered an adult cat when it reaches 1 year of age, but your cat may not actually be fully grown at this point. Kittens typically reach a length and weight close to their full-grown size by 9 to 12 months of age. After the 1-year mark, most cats continue to grow at a much slower rate until at least 18 months of age. Large breeds, such as Maine coon cats, typically take even longer to grow to their full size. These cats may not be fully grown until they reach 2 to 4 years of age.

http://pets.thenest.com/kitten-considered-fully-grown-4251.html
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 05:43
    This video answers how long the flood lasted. But you can easily find that information in the Genesis.
    Sorry, but I am not interested in your videos or reading Genesis. The fact that you couldn't post it here suggests you don't know the answer despite claiming it is available in two places. What I really wanted to know was whether or not RBHILL knows the answer.
  14. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 05:443 edits
    but this video was only to provide evidence that there was a worldwide flood like Noah's flood.
    No there is not.

Sedimentary rocks are evidence that there were huge lakes were there now are none, like the Karroo Basin in South Africa. Sedimentary rocks are easy to explain - silt and sand deposited over time as per the wave action he talks about.

But igneous and metamorphic rocks cannot be explained by anything like a time period you guys are talking about.

My last holiday a few weeks ago was in the Pilanesberg, the remnants of a huge volcanic eruption 1200 M years ago. The lava has evidence of inclusions of previous eruptions even older. Then the hills were eroded and folded and faulted over 500 millions years.

Geology is indeed a fascinating study.

But you haven't answered the question as to how animals got there from 7000 miles away, and back? Considering that most if not all animals are perfectly adapted to only a very narrow habitat, which includes diet and climate.

Edit: Wait, let's see - you've got another video!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '15 06:41
    Yup, there's a scripture for that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree