1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:451 edit
    "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal." (1 Cor 13:1)

Divine love is the expression of the inward divine life.
    Paul speaks about the Agape love of Christ within.
    It is not our natural generated affection. It is a love out of the resurrection life of the Spirit in a man's heart.

The Christian knows he has passed from death to life because of the flowing out of this divine love for the brotherhood of believers.

" We know that we have passed out of death into life because we love the brothers. He who does not love abides in death." (1 John 3:14)

I want the Lord Jesus to save me from being just a noisy religious guy.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:47
    Originally posted by @sonship
    ..I want the Lord Jesus to save me from being just a noisy religious guy.
    Too late.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:512 edits
    I wrote this post for me primarily.
    I did write this post to see how fast I can say it is for someone else here.

"And if I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge ..."

Not bad, huh?

" ... and know all mysteries and know all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains,

but have not love, I am nothing." (1 Cor. 13:2)

Who wouldn't like to have such power faith?
    (Well almost - who wouldn't)
    Who wouldn't like to know ALL mysteries and have ALL knowledge.

Without the divine love, it means nothing to the corporate purpose Jesus Christ, even if you had them.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:55
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Too late.
    If today you hear His voice, harden not your heart.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:581 edit
    Too late.
    Thanks for your demonstration of your divine love.

"What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day." - Romans 11:7-8 KJV
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:58
    I wrote this post for me primarily. .
    So whats new?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:00
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Thanks for your demonstration of your divine love.

"What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day." - Romans 11:7-8 KJV
    I love the teachings of Paul

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:061 edit
    Love is the expression of divine life.

In Paul's letter to the knowledge seeking, tongue speaking, wisdom pursuing, philosophical and heavily Jewish influenced church in Corinth, he eventually balances them towards love.

Christ must be allowed to flow from you in the divine love, otherwise you are like a noisy object that does not have life.

" ... sounding brass or a clanging cymbal."

Sometimes I have been like sounding brass or a clanging cymbal in my Christian life.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:071 edit
    Then also charity can be without the divine love as well.
    You didn't know ?

"And if I dole out all my possessions to feed others, and if I deliver up my body that I may boast [or burn] ,

but do not have love, I profit nothing." (v.3)

Great acts of charity and great zeal in dedication should not be without the divine love. Without the flowing out of Christ's love it will profit the Christian nothing.

Now is the time to consider the Lord's words -

"I never knew [acknowledged, approved] you. Depart from me you workers of lawlessness."

Divine love was His method.
    I don't want my method to be lawless, never approved by the Lord.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:17
    I love the teachings of Paul

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And [b]if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home
    : for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV)[/b]
    "And the word of the LORD came unto Zechariah, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother: And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

"But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear. Yea, they made their hearts [as] an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts. Therefore it is come to pass, [that] as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the LORD of hosts: But I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations whom they knew not. Thus the land was desolate after them, that no man passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate." - Zechariah 7:8-14 KJV
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:212 edits
    "But Lord, it was in your name. It was convincing. It was mighty. It even drove out demons because I used Your name - JESUS."

Jesus will say to some, I hope not to me, but I have no garuantee of it yet ...

"I never allowed you. You did it but I never acknowledged it. You didn't follow the principles of My kingdom. You were without spiritual law, without divine love. Get away from Me now."

Love is the expression of divine life.

"We know that we have passed out of death to life ... because we love the brothers. (1 John 3:14)

Divine love is practical.
    Practical without love cannot build the church.

Love without practicality towards the brotherhood also will not build the church.

"For whoever has the livelihood of the world and sees that his brother has need and shuts up his affections from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

Little children, let us not love in word nor in tongue but in deed and truthfulness." (vs. 17,18)
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:211 edit
    Then also charity can be without the divine love as well.
    You didn't know ?

[b] "And if I dole out all my possessions to feed others, and if I deliver up my body that I may boast [or burn] ,

but do not have love, I profit nothing." (v.3)

Great acts of charity and great zeal in dedication should not be without ...[text shortened]...
    Divine love was His method.
    I don't want my method to be lawless, never approved by the Lord.[/b]
    I know where you going with that. You are trying to make a case that only Christians can do good works. But that doctrine is bound to fail

This is the whole story from Christ

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:21-27 KJV)

The people who Jesus KNOWS are those who follow his commandments . These are like the man who built his house on the rock of Christ's commandments.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:22
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    "And the word of the LORD came unto Zechariah, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother: And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

"But they refused to hearken, and p ...[text shortened]... n passed through nor returned: for they laid the pleasant land desolate." - Zechariah 7:8-14 KJV
    I love the teachings of Paul lol 😀
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:26
    " Love suffers long, ..."

Jesus Christ is longsuffering.
    Jesus manifests Himself in endurance.

"Love suffers long, Love is kind, it is not jealous, Love does not brag and is not puffed up." (v.4)

I am glad for the Lord's cleansing blood.
    Everyday He affords a fresh start.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:271 edit
    I know where you going with that. You are trying to make a case that only Christians can do good works. But that doctrine is bound to fail

Not really.
    Not my main burden here.

Maybe a little. Love hopes all things.

Main concern - divine love is an expression of having the divine life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree