1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 01:27
    Originally posted by @sonship
    [b] "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal." (1 Cor 13:1)

Divine love is the expression of the inward divine life.
    Paul speaks about the Agape love of Christ within.
    It is not our natural generated affection. It is a love out of the resurrection life ...[text shortened]... 3:14) [/b] [/quote]

I want the Lord Jesus to save me from being just a noisy religious guy.[/b]
    If a tree falls in a forest and Raj is not there to hear it, does it actually make a noise?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 01:283 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Thanks for your demonstration of your divine love.

"What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day." - Romans 11:7-8 KJV
    Raj does not need love, he has works.

Just as the Bible states, God is works...................until day 7, but I think that is only common sense. 😛
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 02:40
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    You're really racking up those good deeds for heaven, aren't you?

You enjoy insulting and belittling Christians at every point -- even when they are publicly trying to show that they want to meet the ideal.

Why not try to help him and give constructive input?

At least, if I believed in a hard doctrien of [i]salvation through perfection of the s ...[text shortened]... ig schtick on the forums, I'd feel pretty ridiculous to be the guy belittling posters like that.
    Did you read what he posted on this thread?

Read it and tell me if this man wants to meet any ideal.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 02:41
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Raj does not need love, he has works.

Just as the Bible states, God is works...................until day 7, but I think that is only common sense. 😛
    I think you are starting to make a bigger fool of yourself.. but carry on. Dont let me stop you.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 03:35
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Too late.
    Lmfao
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 03:36
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Thanks for your demonstration of your divine love.

"What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day." - Romans 11:7-8 KJV
    Truth is love
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 03:44
    You're really racking up those good deeds for heaven, aren't you?

You enjoy insulting and belittling Christians at every point -- even when they are publicly trying to show that they want to meet the ideal.

Why not try to help him and give constructive input?

At least, if I believed in a hard doctrien of [i]salvation through perfection of the s ...[text shortened]... ig schtick on the forums, I'd feel pretty ridiculous to be the guy belittling posters like that.
    That was very constructive, I thought
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 03:46
    Originally posted by @whodey
    If a tree falls in a forest and Raj is not there to hear it, does it actually make a noise?
    Who's Raj?
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 06:26
    Did you read what he posted on this thread?

Read it and tell me if this man wants to meet any ideal.
    Aw, so you are the Judge in Heaven who gets to judge the heart of someone like that? Moreover, have you never met someone who frequently falls? Are you not someone who falls from time to time?

Let's say you even legitimately believe that he is a very fallen person, and let us even say that you think he is being insincere, why would a short, insulting quip be the right action?

Is it not written in Romans 12 that by doing good deeds for an evil man that you are basically heaping coals upon his head, and that you do not overcome evil with evil, but that you overcome evil with good?

<gets out the burning coals>You are a very smart man, Rajk, and a very intelligent and wonderful person; I think that you are truly intelligent and good natured, and that you will do many great deeds for God, and that you will one day believe in salvation through faith alone...

You are a wonderful person and even though you may stumble and catch yourself insulting people, I am sure that this isn't your real goal, and that you just found yourself to be in a bad moment of anger, right?

You aren't going to actually double down and say that you REALLY THINK you have the right to judge a Christian like that, right?

</coal heaping complete>
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 10:15
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Who's Raj?
    Exactly!
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 12:59
    Aw, so you are the Judge in Heaven who gets to judge the heart of someone like that? Moreover, have you never met someone who frequently falls? Are you not someone who falls from time to time?

Let's say you even legitimately believe that he is a very fallen person, and let us even say that you think he is being insincere, why would a short, insulting ...[text shortened]... LLY THINK you have the right to judge a Christian like that, right?

</coal heaping complete>
    Keep the coals. What is your take on his interpretation of Matt 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:21-27 KJV)

Sonship claims that Jesus says these people who say Lord Lord did in fact do good works, but they did it in a spirit of lawlessness.

Is that also your opinion?
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 13:161 edit
    Keep the coals. What is your take on his interpretation of Matt 7

[i]Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done m ...[text shortened]... n fact do good works, but they did it in a spirit of lawlessness.

Is that also your opinion?
    The verses say clearly that those who say, "Lord Lord" were claiming to do good works, but in reality they are workers of iniquity.

Why? Because they thought that by doing good works it would gain them entrance into the kingdom of God.

Kinda like you Rajk. 🙁
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 13:301 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    The verses say clearly that those who say, "Lord Lord" were claiming to do good works, but in reality they are workers of iniquity.

Why? Because they thought that by doing good works it would gain them entrance into the kingdom of God.

Kinda like you Rajk. 🙁
    Actually that is called leaning to your own understanding. This is the reason for false doctrines. Jesus states why they failed and it is stated in the passage but your church tells you otherwise and you refuse to listen to Jesus.

Jesus said. They are evil workers hence they did not do good works.

The reason THEREFORE whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (Matthew 7:24 KJV)

Those who hear Jesus's commandments and DOES THEM is the wise man.
    Those who hear and DOES THEM NOT is a foolish man

There is the reason. Followers of commandments [the wise man] will enter the Kingdom of God.
    Their works was not in keeping with the commandments of Christ.

And the battle between Jesus and the church of men continues
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 21:40
    Actually that is called leaning to your own understanding. This is the reason for false doctrines. Jesus states why they failed and it is stated in the passage but your church tells you otherwise and you refuse to listen to Jesus.

Jesus said. They are evil workers hence they did not do good works.

The reason [i]THEREFORE whosoever heareth these sayin ...[text shortened]... commandments of Christ.

[b] And the battle between Jesus and the church of men continues
    [/b]
    You're skirting the issue.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus is plainly talking about those that claim to have done "wonderful works" in His name, but they are, in reality, workers of iniquity.

Clearly they believe their entrance into the kingdom of God is based on doing good works. Just like you.

Jesus said you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God. One can do good works all day everyday till the kingdom comes, but they won't get you into the kingdom of God unless you're born again.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 22:53
    Originally posted by @secondson
    You're skirting the issue.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus is plainly talking about those that claim to have done "w ...[text shortened]... till the kingdom comes, but they won't get you into the kingdom of God unless you're born again.
    Wrong. The people did no good works.
    They THOUGHT they did good works.
    They did none.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree