1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:31
    "It does not rejoice because of unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth." (v.6)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:381 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I know where you going with that. You are trying to make a case that only Christians can do good works. But that doctrine is bound to fail

Not really.
    Not my main burden here.

Maybe a little. Love hopes all things.

Main concern - divine love is an expression of having the divine life.
    Your job as a Christian if you are serious about the job, is to encourage others to live righteously and do good works. So far in the last 10 years you have done no such thing. You have done the opposite and anyone reading your posts would go away with the impression that good works is a waste of time.

You are an insult to Christ. If you plan to change that you have your work cut out for you.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Divine love -

"It does not behave unbecomingly and does not seek its own things, it is not provoked and does not take account of evil." (v.5)

" It covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." (v.7)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 13:051 edit
    I love the teachings of Paul

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And [b]if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home
    : for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV)[/b]

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV)

Why are you knowingly trying to taunt a woman Christian with verses like this ?

Do you think this is the spirit in which the Apostle Paul wrote those sentences - to provoke, to vex - to annoy - to damage and put down ?

Now is the time for you to consider your Matthew 7 teaching.

Ie " Yes you did it. But I never knew you. I never acknowledged your method or your spirit. Yea, you did use My name. But you did it in a lawless way. You didn't do it in the atmosphere or principle of the kingdom of the heavens. "

Now's the time for you to pray over those verses to the Lord.
    Matt. 7:21,22
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 13:121 edit

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV)
    ...[text shortened]... s. "

Now's the time for you to pray over those verses to the Lord.
    [b]Matt. 7:21,22
    [/b]
    No comment on your biased attitude toward Suzainne. You are no better than those other professed Christian jokers who attempt to flirt with her all the time. I take it you are blind to all the insults that she posts about me.

As for your Matt 7 teaching your AGAIN DISINGENUOUSLY ADDING TO THE BIBLE.

This is nonsense .. the bible says no such thing Ie " Yes you did it. But I never knew you. I never acknowledged your method or your spirit. Yea, you did use My name. But you did it in a lawless way. You didn't do it in the atmosphere or principle of the kingdom of the heavens. "

You continue to deceive the gullible people.

Jesus said they are workers of iniquity.
    JESUS NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THEY DID GOOD WORKS

THEY ARE WORKERS OF INIQUITY

Get your facts straight. ..
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 13:264 edits

Yea, WHY do you love the teaching of Paul there?
    You love it for some self serving braggadocio?

That's why ya just LOVE it ?

You should love that instead of this mixture of evil motive it would be better to just keep silent yourself.

You're fleshy and seeking a fleshy advantage.

This kind of wisdom can be demonic, earthy -

"But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not boast and lie against the truth.

This wisdom is not that which descends from above, but is earthly, soulish, demonic.

For where jealousy and selfish ambition are, there disorder and every worthless practice are. (James 3:14,15)

Why are you taunting a disciple of Christ ? Are you a Christian brother? Not really SURE? Not presumptuous to announce that YOU follow the commandments of Jesus ?

"Don't do as I do. Do as I SAY do everybody."

Show us.

"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him SHOW by his good manner of life his works in meekness of wisdom." (v.13)

The writer of the passage you say you just LOVE there did not conduct himself among the Christian brothers and sisters in worldly wisdom .

" For our boasting is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in singleness and sincerity of God,

not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God, we have conducted ourselves in the world, and more abundantly toward you." (2 Cor. 1:12)

Look to the Lord Jesus to do likewise if you're interested in the commands of Jesus.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 13:352 edits
    No comment on your biased attitude toward Suzainne. You are no better than those other professed Christian jokers who attempt to flirt with her all the time. I take it you are blind to all the insults that she posts about me.

I have notice her reactions at times.
    I have noticed my own reactions at times.

The commands of Jesus? The commands of Jesus you're interested in following?

Do not return evil for evil ?

Better take heed to the commands of Jesus ??
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 13:444 edits
    Rajk999, you don't think I teach ANYTHING about righteous living ?
    You say I have totally dropped the ball on how to follow Jesus in righteous living?

Next time you just want to lash out at a Christian sister taunting her that Paul is, after all, on your male chauvinist side, try this -

Open your mouth. That's right ... YOUR MOUTH. And call

" Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus I LOVE You. You know how weak I am Lord. O Lord Jesus. O Lord JESUS ! "

This is the "mouth worship" you rail against.
    I teach people to not to trust in themselves but RUN Into the presence of the VIctor, the Overcomer, the Perfect Man the Lord Jesus.

Did I tell you yet?

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45b)

Tell me that its beginning to sink in just a little.

Following Jesus. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is FREEDOM. See (2 Cor. 3:17).

I'm concerned with practicality. I always have been.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 13:541 edit
    Rajk999, you don't think I teach ANYTHING about righteous living ?
    You say I have totally dropped the ball on how to follow Jesus in righteous living?

Next time you just want to lash out at a Christian sister taunting her that Paul is, after all, on your male chauvinist side, try this -

Open your mouth. That's right ... [b]YOUR MOUTH
    . And call ...[text shortened]... is FREEDOM. See (2 Cor. 3:17).

I'm concerned with practicality. I always have been.[/b]
    You are such a blooming dunce. Mouth worship is professing to believe without living in righteousness and doing good works.

Your doctrine is that good works and righteousness is not necessary and that all those who make this profession of faith is eternally saved.

You are telling people that good works and righteousness is not necessary, when Jesus and the Apostles said that it is critical for eternal life. Those who do not do it will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Nothing you say will ever sink into my head. My head is closed. it is full of the teachings of Christ. You are like an an evil breeze blowing ... I just shake you off like the dust and move along
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 13:59

This is nonsense .. the bible says no such thing ...[text shortened]... WLEDGED THAT THEY DID GOOD WORKS

THEY ARE WORKERS OF INIQUITY

Get your facts straight. ..

No I am not. I did paraphrase a passage.

The word for know in the Greek there is the same as in Romans 7 where Paul said that what he does he does not approve, he does not acknowledge.

"For what I work out, I do not acknowledge, ..." (Rom.7:15 )

This gives the RcV the ground to add the footnote to Matt. 7:23 that KNEW can be understood as ACKNOWLEDGED.

"And then I will declare to them: I never knew you, Depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness."

iniquity can also be translated as lawlessness.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 14:102 edits
    No I am not. I did paraphrase a passage.
    Your deceptive paraphrase is saying that Jesus is acknowledging that these evil people did good works. THAT IS A LIE. Jesus said very clearly that they are workers of iniquity. What part of the word INIQUITY did you not understand.

You have no conscience. Your conscience is seared by the evil flames of false doctrines.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 17:021 edit
    Your deceptive paraphrase is saying that Jesus is acknowledging that these evil people did good works. THAT IS A LIE. Jesus said very clearly that they are workers of iniquity. What part of the word INIQUITY did you not understand.

You have no conscience. Your conscience is seared by the evil flames of false doctrines.
    No it is not. I wrote the OPPOSITE.

He did NOT acknowledge what they did.

I do not have time to double check for any possible typos.
    And sense I got a glimpse of you saying nothing I write will get into your head, i won't worry about you.

Any reply I give is only procedural. I am writing for other's benefit.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 18:141 edit
    No it is not. I wrote the OPPOSITE.

He did NOT acknowledge what they did.

I do not have time to double check for any possible typos.
    And sense I got a glimpse of you saying nothing I write will get into your head, i won't worry about you.

Any reply I give is only procedural. I am writing for other's benefit.
    You wrote this
    Now is the time for you to consider your Matthew 7 teaching.

Ie " Yes you did it. But I never knew you. I never acknowledged your method or your spirit. Yea, you did use My name. But you did it in a lawless way. You didn't do it in the atmosphere or principle of the kingdom of the heavens. "

Now's the time for you to pray over those verses to the Lord. Matt. 7:21,22

According to you, Jesus is acknowledging that the people did good works by him saying "Yes you did it"... no such thing is in the bible. But that their good works was done in a lawless way.

The truth is that Jesus condemned their works as evil.
    Nowhere does the Bible ever condemn good works.
    Good works are GOOD. End of story.
    Where the hell you fabricated the rest from I do not know.

Just for the record I am not posting for your benefit.
    You are a lost cause, full of false doctrines and heading for damnation
    I am writing so that others can see that the Bible record is contrary to you.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 21:13
    I want the Lord Jesus to save me from being just a noisy religious guy.
    Save us all from that...amen!
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 23:41
    Too late.
    You're really racking up those good deeds for heaven, aren't you?

You enjoy insulting and belittling Christians at every point -- even when they are publicly trying to show that they want to meet the ideal.

Why not try to help him and give constructive input?

At least, if I believed in a hard doctrien of salvation through perfection of the self and that was my big schtick on the forums, I'd feel pretty ridiculous to be the guy belittling posters like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree