1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 08:26
    Now Karoly, if you want to ask my views on god or religion that is an entirely different question to the one you asked.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:23
    Originally posted by nook7
    (Dont start counting yet)

l am well thank you (except for my membership expiring and being subject top these ads!!!!! how long will l last l wonder) - how are you?

My basic view on Spirituality.........for starters (start counting shortly)

(spirituality) isnt basic.

To do justice to the subject requires time (and words!) to extrapolate properly.
    ...[text shortened]... e who doesnt can as well.

Many wonderful things come from deeply spiritual people.

Nook7
    So spirituality doesn't haven't any entity or force called "spirit" ,"god","Light" etc. at its core.
    Its just someones beliefs? Do these beliefs reflect any "concrete" truth or are they just neuro-chemical impulses? (you see where I'm going with this? )

Oh,I'm well. Just went to see LesClaypool from Primus play the bass like he was playing air guitar while pulling off the coolest licks on the weekend !!!
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:26
    Now Karoly, if you want to ask my views on god or religion that is an entirely different question to the one you asked.
    Yeah ok, what about god? Do you have a notion of "god", because to me it is very similar to the word "spirit".
    As far as religon is concerned, the only religon I have interest in is a personal one. Organized religons are stale , safe and boring
  4. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 22:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah ok, what about god? Do you have a notion of "god", because to me it is very similar to the word "spirit".
    As far as religon is concerned, the only religon I have interest in is a personal one. Organized religons are stale , safe and boring
    to answer your first post - would say that IMO it doesnt 'have' to have any spirit or entity at its core. As there are such diverse beliefs that more than contradict each other - yet the people beleiving in them may still be deeply sopiritual in their own ways.

l have a notion of what a god is and what different religions call a god. i think that to a large extent the meaning of 'spiritual' has been hijacked so that organised religion(s) relate it only to a mono or-pantheisitc entity(ies) when there are many many other possible causes/ reasons etc

l am interested in religion as there are many fascinating things about it / them.

Will write more later.
    - got to work now
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 23:141 edit
    to answer your first post - would say that IMO it doesnt 'have' to have any spirit or entity at its core. As there are such diverse beliefs that more than contradict each other - yet the people beleiving in them may still be deeply sopiritual in their own ways.

l have a notion of what a god is and what different religions call a god. i think that to a larg re are many fascinating things about it / them.

Will write more later.
    - got to work now
    Sure. Take your time.
    My conception of god doesn't have anything outside of it.
    My god created my devil (to use christian terminology).
    So there is no god for me in a sense of a "separate entity" from the rest of creation (and un-creation)
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 10:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sure. Take your time.
    My conception of god doesn't have anything outside of it.
    My god created my devil (to use christian terminology).
    So there is no god for me in a sense of a "separate entity" from the rest of creation (and un-creation)
    Interesting.

'Nots'
    In my world there isnt a "god" in the religionist view.
    There isnt a heaven or a hell or any other such place.

'Not nots'
    There is more than we know - or that has yet to be explained by science
    There is the brilliance of the mind to create and the capacity to grow and nourish and these things can manifest into magnificence.

'Asides'
    l have seen first hand the damage that extremism can do.
    Those who are blind lose their ability to see clearly. l have ruled out nothing for l know that l should not based on logic and reason.

l have no respect for those who do for they deny the greatest gift we are born with.

People who profess to know all and spout it are the biggest fools of all. l used to pity them , but over time l have learnt that pity is not enough.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 10:34
    Interesting.

'Nots'

'Not nots'
    There is the brilliance of the mind to create and the capacity to grow and nourish and these things can manifest into magnificence.

'As ...[text shortened]... fools of all. l used to pity them , but over time l have learnt that pity is not enough.
    There's a lot here that I concur with.
  8. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 10:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    There's a lot here that I concur with.
    Obviously due to your intelligence :-)
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 20:191 edit
    Interesting.

'Nots'

'Not nots'

'As fools of all. l used to pity them , but over time l have learnt that pity is not enough.
    So you picked up on the Dasa angle?

Well thanks nook 7.

Your views were well worth reading, pretty cautious words, but then again you did warn of extremism, which is true.

No hell, thats just silly, but heaven? Well if there is a heaven I'm sure its not filled with cherubs playing on clouds,lol.

Some have called this existence purgatory. Some say we will goto purgatory if we live "sinful" lives. I lean toward both views, for this life is truly a chance to purge.

There is far ,far more than we know, so to talk about like you know it all is foolish.
    I think I know certain pieces of the puzzle,(and of course I believe there to be the existence of a "puzzle" ), but I will only talk from direct experience with anything remotely "religous" or "spiritual".

But yeah, no extremism. Bhudda said "take the middle path". I guess he was hoping we were intelligent enough to know what this means .

Thnx again🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree