1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 05:57
    Originally posted by josephw
    You still don't know what you're talking about.

All you've done is rant.
    I'm sooo hurt.

You been pm-ing Robbie or something...lol!!

Anyways, if you actually wanted to discuss something feel free to ask or inform me.
    Sorry everyone else. I really dont know where to take this...maybe I should just drop it
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 06:29
    This idea that the Bible (with all its errors) is the first and last word of God, is the height of absurdity, believed by people looking for a cheap religion that lets them slaughter innocent animals to satisfy their taste for flesh.

It also offers a cheap ticket to heaven, by saying all the works been done for you, by believing that Jesus died for your sins.....but he didnt die for your sins, he was dragged off and murdered for disturbing the peace, and the false teaching that his death is your ticket to heaven is untrue.

You cant return to the spiritual world unless you are qualified, and to be qualified you must raise your consciousness to the truth of God, and develope loving sentiments to the Lord and Supreme Creator God....not just Jesus.

Having sentimental feelings for the man Jesus is nice, but not sufficient to be successful, but you must develope loving sentiments to the Supreme Person God as well.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 08:53
    Originally posted by duecer
    http://www.bibleprobe.com/miracles.htm
    Yes, I agree. A story about someone dying in a fight over religion is definitely close to proof that there is no God.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 13:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"never place a period where God has put a comma."

Cute saying.

Remember what Jesus said in Revelation? If any man add to or take away from the words of this book.

God has said all He needs to say. The canon of scripture is closed. There are no new revelations coming from God.

Colosians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;[/b]
    Remember what Jesus said in Revelation? If any man add to or take away from the words of this book.

Jesus was talking strictly about John's Revelation, not about any future books that might be written. Revelations was placed last not because it is the final word, but because it was chronologically last in the books included in the canon. The truth of the matter is that the epistles of James, 2 Peter and the epistles of John may have very well been written after Revelations. Should we then exclude them because we cannot authenticate the order in which they were written.

The problem with taking a literal interpretation of the bible is that you are not reading it in the original language, reading out of context, and without a clear understanding of what the bible is and is meant to be. It is the word of God, not the words of God. Its writings were influenced not only by the men who wrote them, but often times by the scribes who transposed them. this is not an opinion it is fact. Of course preachers never say this sort of thing from the pulpit for several reasons. Not the least of which is control. If people knew the truth about the bible, they would question what they were being taught...and we can't have that now can we?

God has said all He needs to say. The canon of scripture is closed. There are no new revelations coming from God

you have yet to prove this assertion. By your thinking God has been silent for nearly 2000 years. No wonder so many athiests abound in this day and age. They seek proof, yet by your own words no proof can ever exist because God is through talking to us. Many athiests would believe if they had even the mere inkling that God is still speaking, my father in law is proof of that (yes anecdotaly). What a shallow and feeble theological point of view you have. By your way of thinking men and women should still sit in seperate parts of the sanctuary, slaves should still be held, and people with mental illness should be treated as if they were demon possesed.

The bible is more accurately described as words about God. To say that the bible tells us everything we need to know about God is to limit God to a book, that my friend is blasphemy. The inordinate reverence you have for that book is also a form of idol worship.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 13:39
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    This idea that the Bible (with all its errors) is the first and last word of God, is the height of absurdity, believed by people looking for a cheap religion that lets them slaughter innocent animals to satisfy their taste for flesh.

It also offers a cheap ticket to heaven, by saying all the works been done for you, by believing that Jesus died for you ...[text shortened]... ent to be successful, but you must develope loving sentiments to the Supreme Person God as well.
    Sri krishna says in the Gita that anyone who worships another God is worshiping him, so worship of Jesus is valid in your sacred writings. It is unfortunate that you don't fully understand the mere basics of your own faith. Spemd more time in Jnana yoga and less time pretending to be a Sanyasan
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 21:394 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    Sri krishna says in the Gita that anyone who worships another God is worshiping him, so worship of Jesus is valid in your sacred writings. It is unfortunate that you don't fully understand the mere basics of your own faith. Spemd more time in Jnana yoga and less time pretending to be a Sanyasan
    This verse you quoted is talking about Demigods that are worshiped in India by the Demigod worshipers.

It is not talking about Christianity or Islam, because they didnt exist at the time of the speaking of Bhagavad Gita 5000 yrs ago.

Your fault finding attitude, has classified you as a dishonest person.

A person who worships the Demigods, is indirectly worshiping the true Supreme Lord, by default....but the important point I should make about this is, that to worship the true God, it must be done correctly with correct knowledge and understanding, or else that worship will be of low standard and ineffective.

You cant say I love God, and kill innocent animals at the same time, because that would make you a fraud.

And you cant say I love God, if the object of your love is not God, so loving Jesus as God is incorrect, because Jesus is not God.

Jesus said "I and my father are one" meaning that both are spiritual. not that Jesus is the father.

The father is the father, and Jesus is Jesus.

Jesus is not the only son of God...we all are sons (off spring) of God, because we all are spiritual exactly the same as God.
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 19:062 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    This verse you quoted is talking about Demigods that are worshiped in India by the Demigod worshipers.

It is not talking about Christianity or Islam, because they didnt exist at the time of the speaking of Bhagavad Gita 5000 yrs ago.

Your fault finding attitude, has classified you as a dishonest person.

A person who worships the Demigods, is ind d...we all are sons (off spring) of God, because we all are spiritual exactly the same as God.
    no sir, you are wrong. I own a copy of the Gita, I have read it, and understand it fairly well.

edit:John Brockington, The Sanskrit Epics (Leiden, 1998) this text says the Gita was written in the 1st Centruy C.E. making it at best the same era as Christ. Other sources have dated as early as 5th century BCE, still not as old as Judaism, and they have been discredited; most scholars agree with the 1st century C.E. assesment.

Sorry friend you lose. it might help your argument or debate if you actually knew anything about your own faith's history.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 19:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Gosh, you've really got it worked out , haven't you(?)

"God is speaking through His word" , "God is done speaking" ... so you finally admit that the universe is a paradox, eh?

I believe Nietchze said that God was dead. He was referring to the christian god. And he was right. You guys are just in the death throws of a dying, backward and untimatley incorrect idea of God.

I like tacos christianity way better than yours...
    actually i think Nietzsche was stating that the need for God would be ultimately made redundant as knowledge led us to progression, as we can see by looking around, nothing could be further from the truth, materialism is dead!
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 22:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually i think Nietzsche was stating that the need for God would be ultimately made redundant as knowledge led us to progression, as we can see by looking around, nothing could be further from the truth, materialism is dead!
    Actually I think Nietzche was stating what I said he was stating.!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree