1. Maryland
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 11:35
    According to Penn (of Penn and Teller), if you are not 100% sure god exists, you are an atheist. If you are 100% sure god exists, (something that has not been proven), you are very arrogant. To further the situation, if you are arrogant, you are not being humble as Jesus commands.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 12:11
    Originally posted by 667joe
    According to Penn (of Penn and Teller), if you are not 100% sure god exists, you are an atheist. If you are 100% sure god exists, (something that has not been proven), you are very arrogant. To further the situation, if you are arrogant, you are not being humble as Jesus commands.
    Is he 100% sure of that? What arrogance!! 😠
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 16:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is he 100% sure of that? What arrogance!! 😠
    Not very humble of you!
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 18:58
    I'm not so sure those guys are the ones we should be taking advice from..Just my thought.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Oct '11 19:15
    I don't know about that. One could be an agnostic theist, wherein they do not claim to know whether a god exists, but proceeds on the assumption that one does.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 08:49
    penn is wrong.
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 11:45
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    penn is wrong.
    Please explain.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 12:07
    penn is wrong.
    The pen is mightier than the sword! 🙂

Buddhist proverb.

-m.
  9. Maryland
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 13:02
    Originally posted by mikelom
    The pen is mightier than the sword! 🙂

Buddhist proverb.

-m.
    The Penn is mightier than the Sword!😉
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 14:22
    More atheist baloney.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over this.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 14:27
    penn is wrong.
    an atheist is not 99% sure god exists. he is 0% sure god exists.

agnostics refuse to quantify their faith in a higher power claiming one couldn't know.

theists will have that number different from 0 depending on their faith. (higher or lower)

those at 100% may be either arrogant or ignorant.

faith is not knowing. i have doubts about god existance sometimes. i believe he exists. i know i may be wrong but i don't care. this is what faith is about. to me existance is more pleasant with a god of love in it.

your penn (a link about who he is, what he does, in what context did he said this) simply decided to use his fame (i assume he has some) to spew some random, poorly thought out toilet philosophy knowing some will simply gobble it up without questioning it.
  12. Maryland
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 15:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    More atheist baloney.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over this.
    You believe in resurrections, and virgin births and say atheists are full of baloney.

Give me a break!🙄
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 16:07
    i believe he exists. i know i may be wrong but i don't care. this is what faith is about. to me existance is more pleasant with a god of love in it.
    Do you believe in fairies too? Surely existence would be more pleasant with them as well?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 16:10
    You believe in resurrections, and virgin births and say atheists are full of baloney.

Give me a break!🙄
    At least resurrections and virgin births have both happened at least once.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 17:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    At least resurrections and virgin births have both happened at least once.
    You've struck me in the past as someone who was more concerned with the real world application of Chrisitianity as manifested in a striving for social justice. It puzzles me as to why you would cling so tenaciously to the more otherwordly and mythological aspects of Christianity, such as alleged resurrections and virgin births.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree