1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Sep '16 14:26
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you believe that repeating the irrelevant answer to the question of HOW IT STARTS is going to help you explain your statement in the opening post?

Again .. it starts with God. Nobody is arguing that. So you can repeat it until the cows come home, all you are succeeding to do is making a fool of yourself ... AGAIN !!

The question is
    CAN YOU JUSTIFY ...[text shortened]... TO REACH TO GOD.

It is obvious that you cannot. So maybe you should just come out and say so.
    Nothing is irrelevant about my answer, it doesn't fit your (God is not required only works)
    belief system so it fails to fall into your box on how things are supposed to work.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Sep '16 14:331 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you believe that repeating the irrelevant answer to the question of HOW IT STARTS is going to help you explain your statement in the opening post?

Again .. it starts with God. Nobody is arguing that. So you can repeat it until the cows come home, all you are succeeding to do is making a fool of yourself ... AGAIN !!

The question is
    CAN YOU JUSTIFY ...[text shortened]... TO REACH TO GOD.

It is obvious that you cannot. So maybe you should just come out and say so.
    "CAN YOU JUSTIFY FROM THE BIBLE THAT CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO REACH TO GOD. "

Can you quote me where I said that? My point has been God starts this by reaching to us
    not us reaching to Him. That is not saying we will not reach for God only that He starts
    it all. Which is the difference between Christianity and other belief systems.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Sep '16 16:511 edit
    contributory - from the Life Study of Romans, Message Two, by Witness Lee

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n

IV. RECEIVED BY THE CALLED ONES

After we were called, we believed. To believe means to believe into. To believe Jesus does not simply mean to believe that there is a Jesus. To believe Jesus means to believe into Jesus; to believe God is to believe into God. Believing requires us to admit that we are hopeless and helpless and that we can do nothing to please God. We need to forget ourselves and terminate ourselves, terminating all that we are, have, and do. This is believing. On the negative side, believing means to terminate all that we are, all that we have, and all that we can do. On the positive side, it means to take God as our everything, to put ourselves into God, trusting in what He has done for us, in what He can do for us, and what He will do for us. In other words, believing is simply terminating ourselves and putting ourselves into the full trust of God. This believing is reckoned before God as righteousness and binds God to save us.

The gospel is received by the people who have been called out of everything other than God and who have believed into the Triune God, terminating what they are, have, and do, and trusting in God for what He has done, can do, and will do. If, as such a person, you receive the gospel of God, you will confess, “I am finished. It is no more I, but Christ Who lives in me. I do not need to do anything, for He has done everything, and He will do everything for me. All that I have, all that I am, and all that I can do has been terminated by my believing into Him. Now, He is my everything.” This is the kind of person who receives the gospel of God.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Sep '16 19:27
    Originally posted by sonship
    contributory - from the [b]Life Study of Romans, Message Two, by Witness Lee

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n

IV. RECEIVED BY THE CALLED ONES

After we were called, we believed. To believe means to believe into. To believe Jesus does not simply mean to believe that there is a Jesus. To believe Jesus means to belie ...[text shortened]... . Now, He is my everything.” This is the kind of person who receives the gospel of God.
    [/b]
    Do you use Lee as a filter for all topics?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree