NZ  gay marriage act

NZ gay marriage act

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
do you think thats good enough? would god be happy to be surrounded by people who follow him but think he's wrong? doesnt that mean that he hasnt changed the heart of man, all he has managed to do is make them obedient?
obedience from the heart is a wonderful thing from a Biblical perspective, you make it sound as if they two (obedience and the heart (the seat of emotion)) are mutually exclusive.

Moves
26 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
obedience from the heart is a wonderful thing from a Biblical perspective, you make it sound as if they two (obedience and the heart (the seat of emotion)) are mutually exclusive.
if man (you) is still having the thoughts that god thinks are sinful, then man (you) is still has a heart full of sin and nothing has changed. you may love god enough to ignore these feelings but they are still there.

i.e. - you may secretly, personally have no problem with homosexuality but because god says its bad you will back that up. even though you are backing the bible up, your heart still says homosexuality is fine. therefore despite jesus's sacrifice and god's plan to cleanse man of sin...you are still have sin in your heart.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 13

if man (you) is still having the thoughts that god thinks are sinful, then man (you) is still has a heart full of sin and nothing has changed. you may love god enough to ignore these feelings but they are still there.

i.e. - you may secretly, personally have no problem with homosexuality but because god says its bad you will back that up. even though ...[text shortened]... jesus's sacrifice and god's plan to cleanse man of sin...you are still have sin in your heart.
no one is condemned for sin, one is condemned for lack of repentance.

Moves
26 Apr 13

no one is condemned for sin, one is condemned for lack of repentance.
so its irrelevant if you agree its a sin or not, as long as you repent its okay with god. so god doesnt care if you agree with him or not as long as you do what you are told. right?

rc

Moves
26 Apr 13

so its irrelevant if you agree its a sin or not, as long as you repent its okay with god. so god doesnt care if you agree with him or not as long as you do what you are told. right?
nope, heart felt obedience, that is doing something because you want to is different entirely than from doing something out of a sense of duty.

Moves
26 Apr 13

nope, heart felt obedience, that is doing something because you want to is different entirely than from doing something out of a sense of duty.
i didnt mention out of duty. i understand that you think you are doing it out of love, but that doesnt detract from the fact that although you may love somebody enough to do anything they want you to, inside you think its wrong.

is that good enough for god? is he happy for you to disagree with him but be obedient?

if you have the urge to murder, but do not out of love for god. is this okay with god?

rc

Moves
26 Apr 13

i didnt mention out of duty. i understand that you think you are doing it out of love, but that doesnt detract from the fact that although you may love somebody enough to do anything they want you to, inside you think its wrong.

is that good enough for god? is he happy for you to disagree with him but be obedient?

if you have the urge to murder, but do not out of love for god. is this okay with god?
??

Moves
26 Apr 13

??
any particular concept you are struggling with?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 13

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire."

(Matthew 5:21-22 NKJV)

Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

(1 John 3:13-15 NKJV)

Moves
26 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in d ...[text shortened]... r, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

(1 John 3:13-15 NKJV)[/b]
im not sure the relevance of the scripture, but id like to ask you the same as robbie. is it okay with god if you disagree with him as long as you remain obedient?

rc

Moves
26 Apr 13

any particular concept you are struggling with?
the relevance of this posts to homo marriage.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 13
2 edits

im not sure the relevance of the scripture, but id like to ask you the same as robbie. is it okay with god if you disagree with him as long as you remain obedient?
And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?”

So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”

And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”

But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’ So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”

And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”

Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

(Luke 10:25-37 NKJV)

"For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother."

(Luke 10:25-37 NKJV)

NO

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Apr 13

One thing I will say about Christianity, it is an extremely clever religion, hitting at all the right psychological buttons to capture the believers and keep them captured, for instance on your last question, they handle that in the bible by going, whatever you think (paraphrasing here) you are in reality, so if you just THINK you would like to kill your wife, you are now a killer in the eyes of their lord. Keeps them captured pretty well, don't you think?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
One thing I will say about Christianity, it is an extremely clever religion, hitting at all the right psychological buttons to capture the believers and keep them captured, for instance on your last question, they handle that in the bible by going, whatever you think (paraphrasing here) you are in reality, so if you just THINK you would like to kill your wi ...[text shortened]... u are now a killer in the eyes of their lord. Keeps them captured pretty well, don't you think?
“But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go, work today in my vineyard.’ He answered and said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he regretted it and went. Then he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, ‘I go, sir,’ but he did not go. Which of the two did the will of his father?”

They said to Him, “The first.”

Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you. For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him.

(Matthew 21:28-32 NKJV)

Moves
26 Apr 13

the relevance of this posts to homo marriage.
would you prefer i create a new thread for you?