1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:05
    http://conservativefighters.com/news/obama-do-not-wait-for-a-savior-america-doesnt-need-a-messiah/

Who here agrees?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:132 edits
    Originally posted by @whodey
    http://conservativefighters.com/news/obama-do-not-wait-for-a-savior-america-doesnt-need-a-messiah/

Who here agrees?
    And speaking as a Democrat, that's when the Democratic Party has always made the biggest difference in the lives of the American people, when we led with conviction and principle and bold new ideas. The antidote to a government controlled by a powerful fear, a government that divides, is a government by the organized, energized, inclusive many. That's what this moment's about. That has to be the answer. You cannot sit back and wait for a saviour. You can't opt out because you don't feel sufficiently inspired by this or that particular candidate. This is not a rock concert, this is not Coachella. You don't need a messiah. All we need are decent, honest, hardworking people who are accountable – and who have America's best interests at heart.

-------------------------------------

On the politics of division:
    Appealing to tribe, appealing to fear, pitting one group against another, telling people that order and security will be restored if it weren’t for those who don’t look like us or don’t sound like us or don’t pray like we do, that’s an old playbook. It’s as old as time.

They promise to fight for the little guy even as they cater to the wealthiest and the most powerful. They promise to clean up corruption and then plunder away. They start undermining norms that ensure accountability. And they appeal to racial nationalism that’s barely veiled, if veiled at all.

On the answer to Trump:
    The antidote to a government controlled by a powerful fear, a government that divides, is a government by the organized, energized, inclusive many. That’s what this moment’s about. That has to be the answer. You cannot sit back and wait for a savior. You can’t opt out because you don’t feel sufficiently inspired by this or that particular candidate. This is not a rock concert, this is not Coachella. You don’t need a messiah. All we need are decent, honest, hardworking people who are accountable and who have America’s best interests at heart.

On racists:
    It shouldn’t be Democratic or Republican to say we don’t target certain groups of people based on what they look like or how they pray. We are Americans. We’re supposed to stand up to bullies. Not follow them. We’re supposed to stand up to discrimination. And we’re sure as heck supposed to stand up, clearly and unequivocally, to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be? Saying that Nazis are bad.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    On the politics of division:
    Appealing to tribe, appealing to fear, pitting one group against another, telling people that order and security will be restored if it weren’t for those who don’t look like us or don’t sound like us or don’t pray like we do, that’s an old playbook. It’s as old as time.

They promise to fight for the little guy even as the ...[text shortened]... honest, hardworking people who are accountable – and who have America's best interests at heart.
    I just asked if we need a Messiah.

From your response, you don't offer a yes or no it seems.

My translation of what you just said is, we kinda do need a Messiah, only, we can't wait around for one, we just need to assume the role ourselves the best we can.

Is this correct?

As for politics, politics is all about division, which is why you have political opponents.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:19

Who here agrees?
    When a professed Christian continually quotes, to the point of obsession what is said by leaders of men, including church leaders, then that Christian does not understand the teachings of Christ.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:27
    I just asked if we need a Messiah.

From your response, you don't offer a yes or no it seems.

My translation of what you just said is, we kinda do need a Messiah, only, we can't wait around for one, we just need to assume the role ourselves the best we can.

Is this correct?

As for politics, politics is all about division, which is why you have political opponents.
    You're such a simpleton.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    When a professed Christian continually quotes, to the point of obsession what is said by leaders of men, including church leaders, then that Christian does not understand the teachings of Christ.
    Ok, you got your dig at me. Feel better?

Now how about answering the question?

Do I need a Messiah?

Do you?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:29
    You're such a simpleton.
    I reckon that makes you a complexeton.

Thanks for that.

8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:30
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Whodey is like all Christians for all intents and purposes.

Whodey is unalike a follower of the teachings of Christ.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:32

Do I need a Messiah?

Do you?
    See if you can read and comprehend what Obama said in context.

You're such a simpleton.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:38
    See if you can read and comprehend what Obama said in context.

You're such a simpleton.
    Nice talking to you, as always.

Christ said that the kingdom of heaven can only be embraced by simpletons, with the faith of a child.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 14:551 edit
    Nice talking to you, as always.

Christ said that the kingdom of heaven can only be embraced by simpletons, with the faith of a child.
    Actually Jesus was speaking of the humility of a child.

But then, you'd need to be able to read in context to understand that.

You're such a simpleton.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 15:02

Do I need a Messiah?

Do you?
    Who is Obama?
    Never heard of him.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 15:44
    Actually Jesus was speaking of the humility of a child.

But then, you'd need to be able to read in context to understand that.

You're such a simpleton.
    Why then do you constantly talk down to me?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 17:42
    Why then do you constantly talk down to me?
    Your arrogance and simplistic self-centered views call for it.
  15. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    08 Sep '18 23:14
    Ironic, seeing as how Obama was embraced by the Democrats and mainstream media as their messiah. Obama is a race-baiting Muslim sympathizer, a fraud, a liar, and a scumbag.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree