1. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 16:453 edits
    Please take just a couple of minutes to see and hear Obama making fun of the Bible! Scroll down on the website and play Obama making fun of the Bible. These remarks are straight out of Obama's mouth, not just quotes.

http://www.phforamerica.com/

If you want to read Obama's speech in its entirety to see the context of the speech, you can read it all on Obama's own web page at http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060628-call_to_renewal/
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 16:53
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Please take just a couple of minutes to see and hear Obama making fun of the Bible! Scroll down on the website and play Obama making fun of the Bible. These remarks are straight out of Obama's mouth, not just quotes.

http://www.phforamerica.com/

If you want to read Obama's speech in its entirety to see the context of the speech, you can read it all on Obama's own web page at http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060628-call_to_renewal/
    Exactly how is he mocking the Bible?

The teachings of Leviticus re slavery are not applicable to us now .. so he is correct.

The teachings of Deuteronomy re stoning your child is not applicable to us now .. so he is correct.

The teachings of sermon on the mount is not something that the US Govt can apply properly. Correct.

How is that mocking the Bible ?
  3. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 17:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Exactly how is he mocking the Bible?

The teachings of Leviticus re slavery are not applicable to us now .. so he is correct.

The teachings of Deuteronomy re stoning your child is not applicable to us now .. so he is correct.

The teachings of sermon on the mount is not something that the US Govt can apply properly. Correct.

How is that mocking the Bible ?
    It is the 'way' he is saying it. Listen to his voice and you will see.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 17:19
    Lol ... youre a joke.
    WHen you are hell bent on finding fault, your mind plays tricks on you especially when your mind is weak.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 17:271 edit
    Well, I listened to it several times and I had a different impression. I can actually imagine Jesus using the same tone and "way " of expressing himself to make a point that does not stand up to logic. It was that "tone" that contributed to him being crucified.

I happen to be in a profession where I frequently hear people espouse ideas of their faith and I don't think it is an exageration to say say people often express their faith in ways that don't make any sense. Let me give you an example. I heard a rather devout, sanctimonious, albeit nonchurch goer say, "As soon as a baby is born into this world it has enough sin to damn to hell for all eternity."
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 17:38
    Pritybetta, how would you feel if your husband publically offered you up for a "beauty contest" in which there was ass grinding and simulated oral sex with bananas? Do you believe that website will rebuke such behavior when it is McCain?

YouTube&feature=related
  7. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 18:32
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Pritybetta, how would you feel if your husband publically offered you up for a "beauty contest" in which there was ass grinding and simulated oral sex with bananas? Do you believe that website will rebuke such behavior when it is McCain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjtQGAtbe04&feature=related
    I am not voting for McCain neither. 😉

I believe he will be another Bush.
  8. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 18:41
    McCain wants to provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. They are here illegally and he wants to provide them a way to stay here? They have already broken the law and he wants to protect them?

No, I will not vote for someone who will protect criminals.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 19:31
    McCain wants to provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. They are here illegally and he wants to provide them a way to stay here? They have already broken the law and he wants to protect them?

An illegal immigrant is a criminal?
    How did you get to the US?
  10. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 19:352 edits
  11. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 19:39

I don’t know what McCain policies would be (although I would guess that I probably wouldn’t vote for him if I was a US citizen because of my suspicion he would be just another Bush) nor do I have an opinion on whether or not citizenship for illegal immigrants should be allowed under certain [extreme?] circumstances but what I do know is that at least some of those illegal immigrants choose to be illegal immigrants in a desperate attempt to escape extreme poverty. I don’t see how anyone can really blame them for making that choice because, even if you see merely braking the law as “evil”; which is the greater evil?; the extreme poverty that can cause suffering and even starvation and death? -or breaking immigration laws? I admit his is a subjective judgment but I personally perceive extreme poverty as the greater evil.

Simply labelling them as “criminals” doesn’t make them “evil” nor does it diminish any need for help they desperately need. You could argue that some people are “criminals” because they are forced to break “unjust” laws and so you shouldn’t judge a “criminal” to necessarily be a “bad” person although many are, no doubt, “bad”.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 19:50

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Mark 12:30-31

The government of the US should institute policy that distributes the wealth of the US to all. Citizens and non-citizens alike should share in this bounty. All are your neighbors.
  13. SEMO
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 19:56
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    An illegal immigrant is a criminal?
    How did you get to the US?
    I was born here!
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 20:20
    So, you are amenable to the content of his speech?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 21:02
    I was born here!
    Back a few generations ... how did your family get to the US?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree