1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 16:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Only in a slavering right-wing American crazed sumbiatch I'm goona whoop your non-christian welfare suckin' ass kind of way.
    Well I was talking to an electrician about the OC not Orange County but Obamacare. He pays $4,000 a year now and he says when Obamacare starts he will pay $20,000 a year.
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 23:215 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It looks like a disaster to me. That women said that she would have rather had 5 years instead of three to get it ready, but the President did not want to delay it like the Republicans suggested. So we have a website that does not work right, has low security, and upstart health services that are going bankrupt on government money because they are not gett ...[text shortened]... o it appears to me that a fitting name for it is an Obamanation of Desolation.

The Instructor
    Is it the rush to implement it that bothers you? or would you rather have the medicare system? It sounds good to me, I was watching TV earlier about the Grangemouth Refinery and one of the Investors was saying the UK is bad because of costs, pensions etc, he didn't say health but that's one of them, and its better to base such plants in cheaper countries. It bothers me that the Republicans and Investors like this have a 'pig on a treadmill' attitude to workers health and lives. That basically only works if you don't get ill, need a pension or a Dr, being a smoker helps. From what I can gather Obamacare is an attempt at universal insurance so everyone working can have cover, not poor / no cover for the those on lower incomes or with pre existing conditions. I'm no lefty but min wage should come with health and a pension.
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 23:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well I was talking to an electrician about the OC not Orange County but Obamacare. He pays $4,000 a year now and he says when Obamacare starts he will pay $20,000 a year.
    I do not believe yu one bit. If Christ exists, when you get to the gate, I cannot imagine they would let you in. Your are a meanie.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 23:30
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Is it the rush to implement it that bothers you? or would you rather not have it at all? It sounds good to me, I was watching TV earlier about the Grangemouth Refinery and one of the Investors was saying the UK is bad because of costs, pensions etc, he didn't say health but that's one of them, and its better to base such plants in cheaper countries. It bothe ...[text shortened]... r with pre existing conditions. I'm no lefty but min wage should come with health and a pension.
    Huh? You sound like a lefty to me.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 23:32
    Originally posted by Phranny
    I do not believe yu one bit. If Christ exists, when you get to the gate, I cannot imagine they would let you in. Your are a meanie.
    There was just a family on TV that paid about $300 a month, now it will be $1000 a month because of this "affordable"health insurance.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 23:34
    What happened to trusting God for things? What will be next, will my taxes have to pay so everyone can have a car?, and why stop there?
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 23:372 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Huh? You sound like a lefty to me.
    To be honest it worries me a little when American people talk like that. We have the NHS in the UK and since the 1960s both parties supported it, the conservatives had a big part in its creation as well. Its a bit alien in most of the EU not to have state care. My family has a few Conservatives in it who were very keen on the NHS. I get called tory quite a lot, a bit like republican, but I find their views on health a bit cold, I couldn't turn people away like that.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 23:51
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    No, he is a thundernumptie....
    well, he IS a republican...
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 23:531 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It looks like a disaster to me. That women said that she would have rather had 5 years instead of three to get it ready, but the President did not want to delay it like the Republicans suggested. So we have a website that does not work right, has low security, and upstart health services that are going bankrupt on government money because they are not gett ...[text shortened]... o it appears to me that a fitting name for it is an Obamanation of Desolation.

The Instructor
    "Obamanation of Desolation"

Where did you get this? Rush Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? Michael Savage?

You couldn't possibly have made this up yourself.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 00:20
    What happened to trusting God for things? What will be next, will my taxes have to pay so everyone can have a car?, and why stop there?
    Really, so health care, a matter of life and death, is a luxury, like a car? I suppose you are one of those so called Christians.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 00:48
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Really, so health care, a matter of life and death, is a luxury, like a car? I suppose you are one of those so called Christians.
    As it stands now, before obamacare, a hospital cannot turn down anyone. Now it will just cost more.
    I think your so called compassion is misplaced. Yes, I am a Christian, who believes in a free society.
    You sound like death is the end, it is not. We will all die someday. Get real!
  12. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 01:021 edit
    As it stands now, before obamacare, a hospital cannot turn down anyone. Now it will just cost more.
    I think your so called compassion is misplaced. Yes, I am a Christian, who believes in a free society.
    You sound like death is the end, it is not. We will all die someday. Get real!
    do you get decent healthcare / insurance on min wage without Obamacare or is their a gap?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 01:28
    Originally posted by e4chris
    do you get decent healthcare / insurance on min wage without Obamacare or is their a gap?
    At one time health, poverty, etc., was dealt with by the church and God would get the glory. Now the gov. gets the glory.
    The gov. is/has replaced God for many.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 05:221 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Obamanation of Desolation"

Where did you get this? Rush Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? Michael Savage?

You couldn't possibly have made this up yourself.
    Well, I heard "Obamanation" from a woman comedian on the Red Eye program on the FOX channel and I added the "of Desolation" to it.

The Instructor
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 06:57
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    My understanding was that you could keep whatever existing insurance you had. Am I incorrect?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree