1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 02:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, the Democratic Party is doing everything bad for this nation right now.

The Instructor
    "Right now" ?

I like the way you say "right now."

You've always believed that at any time I bet.

The extreme right and Tea Party only care about one thing, making sure that no one like Obama is ever considered again for US president. They only want to assure that they can pass on to all future generations that Obama was the worst president US ever had. And they are willing that the nation be damned in order to accomplish that legacy.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 03:59
    Originally posted by sonship
    "Right now" ?

I like the way you say "right now."

You've always believed that at any time I bet.

The extreme right and Tea Party only care about one thing, making sure that no one like Obama is ever considered again for US president. They only want to assure that they can pass on to all future generations that Obama was the worst presid ...[text shortened]... US ever had. And they are willing that the nation be damned in order to accomplish that legacy.
    It is up to him if he is the worst President or not. I think he has a good start on it though. We shall have to wait and see.

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 07:441 edit
    I am asserting that this Democratic President can't be trusted because of his lying.

The Instructor
    I think Obama is the best president you have had for decades and his drive for social justice and health for all is representative of the best parts of left of centre politics.

How you can make it a "spiritual" matter is beyond my comprehension, but then again, American popular politics is a sandbox of ill informed partisan irrationality and opinionated contempt.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 09:423 edits
    It is up to him if he is the worst President or not. I think he has a good start on it though. We shall have to wait and see.

The Instructor
    No it is also to a great deal up to a sizable group of congressmen who have a knee jerk compulsion to always work against anything this president proposes to do.

They want to automatically go in the opposite direction no matter what Obama proposes. And then they complain about "We need leadership!"

No, they need a bit of "followship." Laws can be corrected and legislation can be improved when they work together.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 19:31
    Originally posted by sonship
    No it is also to a great deal up to a sizable group of congressmen who have a knee jerk compulsion to always work against anything this president proposes to do.

They want to automatically go in the opposite direction no matter what Obama proposes. And then they complain about "We need [b]leadership!
    "

No, they need a bit of "followship." Laws can be corrected and legislation can be improved when they work together.[/b]
    President Obama said he would not negotiate with the Republicans and would veto any attempted changes to his Obamacare regardless if it needed changing or not. So we can't expect much cooperation with that kind of attitude from the President. Senate majority leader Harry Reid is no better.

The Instructor
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 20:37
    President Obama said he would not negotiate with the Republicans and would veto any attempted changes to his Obamacare regardless if it needed changing or not. So we can't expect much cooperation with that kind of attitude from the President. Senate majority leader Harry Reid is no better.

The Instructor
    Ok, you're right, Jesus exists.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 19:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My understanding was that you could keep whatever existing insurance you had. Am I incorrect?
    Looks like you are incorrect so far!
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 19:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think Obama is the best president you have had for decades and his drive for social justice and health for all is representative of the best parts of left of centre politics.

How you can make it a "spiritual" matter is beyond my comprehension, but then again, American popular politics is a sandbox of ill informed partisan irrationality and opinionated contempt.
    Most everyone is for social justice and health. It is just that some of us believe Obama is going about it the wrong way. I don't believe social justice and health can be obtained under a welfare state that he is pushing which makes many people too dependent on the goverment that they will always vote for more government assistance.

The Instructor
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 23:34
    It looks like a disaster to me. That women said that she would have rather had 5 years instead of three to get it ready, but the President did not want to delay it like the Republicans suggested. So we have a website that does not work right, has low security, and upstart health services that are going bankrupt on government money because they are not gett ...[text shortened]... o it appears to me that a fitting name for it is an Obamanation of Desolation.

The Instructor
    Take it to debates, Spanky!

I'm sure you can find just your kind of people there, ignorant right-wing nutjobs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree