1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 12:592 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My understanding was that you could keep whatever existing insurance you had. Am I incorrect?
    Nothing in the health care law guarantees that people can keep the health insurance they already have. Costs can rise, benefits can change and employers can drop coverage.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/09/30/ap-fact-check-no-you-cant-keep-your-plan-and-other-things-we-should-have-already-reported/

What does President Obama tell the public? Listen for yourself.

YouTube

“But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”

For Republicans and conservatives, nothing exemplifies government overreach and arrogance more than those 16 words, uttered by then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi at the Legislative Conference for the National Association of Counties in March 2010. Ask her about that comment and the ensuing criticism today and Pelosi fights back.

Pelosi defends her infamous health care remark

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/pelosi-defends-her-infamous-health-care-remark/2012/06/20/gJQAqch6qV_blog.html

YouTube

The Instructor
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 13:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Nothing in the health care law guarantees that people can keep the health insurance they already have. Costs can rise, benefits can change and employers can drop coverage.
    So I am correct and you can keep whatever existing insurance you had. So for the people claiming their insurance went up, why did it go up? What is the relationship between their increased cost and Obama care?
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 13:58
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    At one time health, poverty, etc., was dealt with by the church and God would get the glory. Now the gov. gets the glory.
    The gov. is/has replaced God for many.
    I'm puzzled by the US system, I remember GW Bush trying to get a big tax cut through partly at the expense of Medicare(?). And people here pointing out the US defence budget is so big they must be able to afford free healthcare.

Been to the US 3 times and NY really puzzled me, there was a guy in wheelchair with a coffee cup on the back, who seemed to make a very good living out of it, if anything people seemed too generous, then this guy on the subway who looked like he just left hospital way to early, staggering. Phoenix was normal and Florida seemed to have a bit of a working underclass in the hotels who might not get cover?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 14:03
    So I am correct and you can keep whatever existing insurance you had. So for the people claiming their insurance went up, why did it go up? What is the relationship between their increased cost and Obama care?
    Not exactly, unless you are a member of Congress or on a government plan. However, that does not mean premiums will remain the same even if you can keep your plan.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2013/10/23/ahead-obamacare-deadline-health-insurers-canceling-thousands-policies-fall-short-aca-rules/

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 14:14
    Originally posted by Phranny
    I do not believe yu one bit. If Christ exists, when you get to the gate, I cannot imagine they would let you in. Your are a meanie.
    How is that being mean.
    People don't get to heaven by how good they are but by if they repented as what Jesus said to do.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 14:19
    My understanding was that you could keep whatever existing insurance you had. Am I incorrect?
    You can but prices will go up.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Oct '13 14:21
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    As it stands now, before obamacare, a hospital cannot turn down anyone. Now it will just cost more.
    I think your so called compassion is misplaced. Yes, I am a Christian, who believes in a free society.
    You sound like death is the end, it is not. We will all die someday. Get real!
    Ya, now hospitals will turn people away 🙁
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 12:58
    Originally posted by sonship
    More Gospel plus the GOP.
    Correction: No Gospel just GOP.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 16:41
    Correction: No Gospel just GOP.
    Are you referring to the Grand Old Party that was founded by anti-slavery activists in 1854 and now is called the Republican Party?

The Instructor
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 16:58
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well I was talking to an electrician about the OC not Orange County but Obamacare. He pays $4,000 a year now and he says when Obamacare starts he will pay $20,000 a year.
    And that makes it a spiritual matter...how?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 17:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And that makes it a spiritual matter...how?
    Some of us believe the President should tell the people the truth. However, the President and the Democratic party do not share that belief. They have decided to follow Satan's example and mix truth with lies.

The Instructor
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 17:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Some of us believe the President should tell the people the truth. However, the President and the Democratic party do not share that belief. They have decided to follow Satan's example and mix truth with lies.

The Instructor
    Are you suggesting that republican presidents are the only ones who tell the truth?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 20:591 edit
    Are you referring to the Grand Old Party that was founded by anti-slavery activists in 1854 and now is called the Republican Party?

I am referring to a political party which like many has done some good things and some not good, had some good ideas and some bad ones.

You can't rest on your laurels forever. Even the Nazis at least got the trains running on time again.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 22:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you suggesting that republican presidents are the only ones who tell the truth?
    I am asserting that this Democratic President can't be trusted because of his lying.

The Instructor
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '13 22:50

I am referring to a political party which like many has done some good things and some not good, had some good ideas and some bad ones.

You can't rest on your laurels forever. Even the Nazis at least got the trains running on time again.
    Well, the Democratic Party is doing everything bad for this nation right now.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree