1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 19:29
    It seems there is a lot of scrutiny over statements his ex-pastor has made. People are outraged by what he has said from the pulpit. Why is it that no one in the media dared raise an eyebrow at John Hagee's endorsement of Mike Huckabee? Hagee supports an invasion of Iran to bring about God's kingdom. Why is it that no one in the media scrutinized Kenneth Copeland, Paula White and a host of other TV preachers for their outrageous statements and support of Republican candidates.

Does this scrutiny remind you of a certain clan in the forums?
  2. Gangster Land
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 19:38
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    It seems there is a lot of scrutiny over statements his ex-pastor has made. People are outraged by what he has said from the pulpit. Why is it that no one in the media dared raise an eyebrow at John Hagee's endorsement of Mike Huckabee? Hagee supports an invasion of Iran to bring about God's kingdom. Why is it that no one in the media scrutinized Kenn ...[text shortened]... rt of Republican candidates.

Hagee is now supporting McCain, and has not received nearly the scrutiny that Obama-Wright have.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 19:48
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Hagee is now supporting McCain, and has not received nearly the scrutiny that Obama-Wright have.
    It's a white man's world.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 21:03
    Why is it that no one in the media dared raise an eyebrow at John Hagee's endorsement of Mike Huckabee?
    Gah. Huckabee never had a prayer of winning the nomination, and he is a religious fundamentalist himself. He's no different than Hagee. That's a non-story if I ever heard one.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 21:19
    It seems there is a lot of scrutiny over statements his ex-pastor has made. People are outraged by what he has said from the pulpit. Why is it that no one in the media dared raise an eyebrow at John Hagee's endorsement of Mike Huckabee? Hagee supports an invasion of Iran to bring about God's kingdom. Why is it that no one in the media scrutinized Kenn ...[text shortened]... rt of Republican candidates.

I don't have a problem with folks voicing their opinions, but, "god dam America?" Anyone voicing this sentiment should be shipped over to Iran. imo!

Don't expect the media to give fair and unbiased reporting. It ain't gonna happen.
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 21:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't have a problem with folks voicing their opinions, but, "god dam America?" Anyone voicing this sentiment should be shipped over to Iran. imo!

Don't expect the media to give fair and unbiased reporting. It ain't gonna happen.
    What is it with you yanks and your patriotism?
    I mean, I'm all for love of country and everything (I served in my country's armed forces), but not at the expense of free speech and freedom to express one's own opinions.
    If someone says they hate my country or whatever, I may well disagree, but why would I want to ship them away.
    It's diversity of opinions and views that create a rich and vibrant culture ...
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 04:24
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    But Hagee has not been McCains 20 year long spiritual advisor. That is the difference.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 04:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    But Hagee has not been McCains 20 year long spiritual advisor. That is the difference.
    And also McCain is a Republican. That makes a difference, at least to some people.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 05:471 edit

10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 13:21

This is why it is important to understand the context and the written language. What did he really say?

Was it "goddamn America."?
    Or could it have been "God, damn America."?

They sound the same, but they are two entirely different things.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 13:464 edits
    This is why it is important to understand the context and the written language. What did he really say?

But that is not all he has said. He also says other controversial things like the US is importing drugs so that minorities will become addicted and that the US is responsible for blowing up the buildings during 911. Apparently he wants to be a controversial figure in the spirit of Luis Farakan. It seems he has achieved that. Congrats to Reverend Wright. It just boggles my mind that an intellectual like Obama would waste 20 years of his life as him as his spiritual leader. After all, that is part of Obama's appeal.....or was. Obama says all the right things and tries not to be devicive. However, the people around him say otherwise like his wife saying that the only time she has been proud to be an American was Obamas recent political success. Why does Obama surround himself with such people?

Edit: It is like McCain having a similiar spiritual leader who is a snake handler or a member of the KKK.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 14:04

Taken in its totality, the speech of Jeremiah Wrights leaves no room for ambiguity.

I understand where he's coming from though. I hate racism and what it has done and continues to do to hold people back from being free.

Whether you believe me or not, I'm color blind. But I'm not blind. I would vote for Obama, but he's a liberal democrat and I'm a conservative republican. But we are all Americans.

Don't you agree that we face some very serious issues that threaten our way of life today? It seems that we are becoming more and more fractured as a society.

Don't you agree that we need to find common ground to unite on for our mutual survival?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 15:591 edit
    [b]Taken in its totality, the speech of Jeremiah Wrights leaves no room for ambiguity.

I understand where he's coming from though. I hate racism and what it has done and continues to do to hold people back from being free.
    And I know where he is coming from as well, however, there are various approaches to responding to being "wronged". One approach is what we see in the Middle East. Each side rails about being wronged while all the while responding in vegenece. The other way is a Mandella/Dr. King approach in which we try to forgive and forget the shortcomings of the past and move on. To be honest about it, Reverend Wright gives the impression that he wants put the screws to the "white" man. That type of hype does nothing but frighten people and further divide them. The ironic part is that people think they can fight racism with racism. For example, calling white men "white devils" like Louis Farakan does has no redeeming value whatsoever other than making themselves feel better by unloading their anger and frustration.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 16:121 edit
    It's a white man's world.
    It's God world, and skin color has nothing to do with it.
    Kelly
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 17:05
    A certain klan in the fora.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree