1. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 16:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    If there were not a creator God, would there be proof?
    Can there be proof for something not existing?
    Can there only be evidence for the existence of something, and not for something that does not exist?
    Well some people believe that there were dinosaurs some million years ago "proof" that the big bag theory was real, and when they find dinosaur bones they don't look at the bones for the age but the dirt around it. Christians believe that there was a flood that wiped out the entire world because of there sins. Except Noah, his family and two of every kind of animal on a immense ark survived the flood. And we know that water makes thing look older than they really are so it makes the dirt look older too, when it really is just another fact that the bible was true, Evolutionists believe that the dirt around the dinosaur bone is "proof" that evolution is real. So in a Christian perspective I think there cannot be proof for something that is not real.
    Sorry if my explanation is kind of "kiddish" but I don't really know how to word it differently and it make sense (I'm only 13)
  2. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 16:29
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    God damn boy, if that's the extent of your argument, you are in some serious discussion doo doo.
    Please do NOT use the holy LORD'S name in vain. I find that very offensive.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 17:37
    Originally posted by musicismyworld
    Well some people believe that there were dinosaurs some million years ago "proof" that the big bag theory was real,
    Dinosaur bones aren't proof of the big bang at all, I'm not sure I've heard anyone seriously claim that per se. I think that perception might be the fallacious linking by some of the theories of evolution and the big bang.

The age of dinosaur bones do provide good evidence that the world is a bit more than 6000 years old though.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 17:38
    Please do NOT use the holy LORD'S name in vain. I find that very offensive.
    Is the lord's name "god"? I thought it was Jehovah?
  5. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 17:50
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Dinosaur bones aren't proof of the big bang at all, I'm not sure I've heard anyone seriously claim that per se. I think that perception might be the fallacious linking by some of the theories of evolution and the big bang.

The age of dinosaur bones do provide good evidence that the world is a bit more than 6000 years old though.
    Well, I'm talking about the dirt around it. Scientists have "studied" it and siad the dirt was there some million years ago.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 17:51
    Well, I'm talking about the dirt around it. Scientists have "studied" it and siad the dirt was there some million years ago.
    Yes. And why is that dirt that old? Could it be that it is because the bones themselves have been found to be that old and so the dirt that has been there beside them must logically be too?

Also, why do you put studied in quotes? Do you think they didn't study it?
  7. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 17:52
    Is the lord's name "god"? I thought it was Jehovah?
    In the Bible God is called multiple names. Here's just a few: Wonderful Conselor, Mighty God, Lord, Jesus, Holy Spirit, and King of all Kings
  8. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 17:56
    Yes. And why is that dirt that old? Could it be that it is because the bones themselves have been found to be that old and so the dirt that has been there beside them must logically be too?

Also, why do you put studied in quotes? Do you think they didn't study it?
    The dirt looks that old because of Noah and the Ark and the Great flood. I put studied in quotations because they didn't at ALL mention how old the dinosaur bones were, or even if they studied them.
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 17:59
    The dirt looks that old because of Noah and the Ark and the Great flood. I put studied in quotations because they didn't at ALL mention how old the dinosaur bones were, or even if they studied them.
    Who are they specifically?

So dirt looks old after it gets wet by a flood? That sounds like it should be a reproducible test. I should be able to put some dirt in a bowl, wet it and it should start looking millions of years old then.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 18:00
    In the Bible God is called multiple names. Here's just a few: Wonderful Conselor, Mighty God, Lord, Jesus, Holy Spirit, and King of all Kings
    Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!

Jesus wasn't god. He was just like me. A person.
  11. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 18:10

So dirt looks old after it gets wet by a flood? That sounds like it should be a reproducible test. I should be able to put some dirt in a bowl, wet it and it should start looking millions of years old then.
    under intense heat and pressure too, so obviously no you couldn't do it in a bowl.
  12. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 18:11

I don't know who they were. I just whatched it on tv a while ago.
  13. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 18:121 edit
    Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!

Jesus wasn't god. He was just like me. A person.
    So are you saying the Bible isn't true? That Jesus wasn't God?
  14. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 18:35
    So are you saying the Bible isn't true? That Jesus wasn't God?
    Yes and yes.

I'm also suggesting that you can't expect to come into a spirituality forum where people expect to have open conversations about god and the existence thereof without having our religious sensibilities stepped on a bit.
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 18:36
    under intense heat and pressure too, so obviously no you couldn't do it in a bowl.
    So I could just put it in the microwave! 😛

Still, it should be reproducible nonetheless.

Do you believe that humans had dinosaur pets too?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree