1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 23:57
    Originally posted by musicismyworld
    Please do NOT use the holy LORD'S name in vain. I find that very offensive.
    Go somewhere else then.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 00:02
    The dirt looks that old because of Noah and the Ark and the Great flood. I put studied in quotations because they didn't at ALL mention how old the dinosaur bones were, or even if they studied them.
    Do you have even the slightest clue as to how we date things from the past? I rather suspect not.

How, pray tell, can we get an age of the earth, measured by seven different techniques to agree at 4,53 billion years old, to within 2% of each other, by random?

That would be akin to measuring the width of North America using multiple techniques which all agree with each other to within 30cm, and then discrediting it because of some childish notion that America is only 20 KM across.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 00:09
    I don't know whether to laugh, cry or simply despair for the future of the human race when I read posts from a teenager like musicismyworld.
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 11:431 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    If there were not a creator God, would there be proof?
    Can there be proof for something not existing?
    Can there only be evidence for the existence of something, and not for something that does not exist?
    First: of course there can be evidence--sometimes approaching proof--that something does not exist.

Try modus tollens (with knobs on). Suppose a guilty defendant claimed, falsely and foolishly, that an intruder broke into his house by smashing a window andthen killed his wife. Contradicting this account, detectives later found all windows in the house intact, no broken glass, and no other evidence of intrusion. (Plus, the defendant was known to be violent, and to have been recently arguing with and assaulting his wife.) Wouldn't you say that there was evidence that this intruder did not exist? And (under the particular wider circumstances), wouldn't this evidence approach proof of the intruder's non-existence, beyond reasonable doubt?

Second: if there were not a unicorn, would there be proof?

And if there weren't proof, by your definition (the same type you would apply in your similar question concerning God), would one be justified in believing in unicorns?

Extrapolate the consequences back to your original concerns.
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 11:50
    Please do NOT use the holy LORD'S name in vain. I find that very offensive.
    People do NOT articulate CLOSED-MINDED religious views. INTELLIGENT DECENT PEOPLE find that very offensive.
  6. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Yes and yes.

I'm also suggesting that you can't expect to come into a spirituality forum where people expect to have open conversations about god and the existence thereof without having our religious sensibilities stepped on a bit.
    Good point... then why did you put down my answer to josephw?😕

Proverbs 30:5
    Every word of God proves true. He defends all who come to him for protection.
  7. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 21:11
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    So I could just put it in the microwave! 😛

Still, it should be reproducible nonetheless.

Do you believe that humans had dinosaur pets too?
    Good Idea!! 😀 hey I have an idea too 😲 for pressure you could hit it with a hammer!
  8. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 21:18
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Do you have even the slightest clue as to how we date things from the past? I rather suspect not.

How, pray tell, can we get an age of the earth, measured by seven different techniques to agree at 4,53 billion years old, to within 2% of each other, by random?

That would be akin to measuring the width of North America using multiple techniques whi ...[text shortened]... 0cm, and then discrediting it because of some childish notion that America is only 20 KM across.
    I'm only 13 I have no clue what in the world you're trying to say... please speak how a 13 year old child could understand. Thanks.
  9. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 21:251 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I don't know whether to laugh, cry or simply despair for the future of the human race when I read posts from a teenager like musicismyworld.
    Hebrews 4:12
    The word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into are intermost thoughts and desires. It exsposes us for what we really are.

having read that... read this in reply of your message.

1 Peter 4:14
    Be happy if you are insulted for being a Christian, for then the glorious Spirit of God will come upon you.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 23:31
    Good point... then why did you put down my answer to josephw?😕

Proverbs 30:5
    Every word of God proves true. He defends all who come to him for protection.
    How did I put your answer to josephw down? I disagreed with what you posted, yes. I didn't insult you though.

The Fossil Whale: 104:566
    From his mighty bulk the whale affords a most congenial theme whereon to enlarge, amplify, and generally expatiate.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 10:04
    I'm only 13 I have no clue what in the world you're trying to say... please speak how a 13 year old child could understand. Thanks.
    Then why do you keep quoting the Bible? You couldn't possibly understand the highly sophisticated text of the Bible with your 13 year old intellect.

Just a couple of comments on your previous post:
    Christians believe that there was a flood that wiped out the entire world because of there sins.
    You should have qualified that with "Some Christians". The vast majority of Christians do not believe that.

And we know that water makes thing look older than they really are ...
    Who is the 'we'? I sure never knew that. It certainly isn't a scientific finding. Who told you it was true? Do you realize that if you find out, as I suspect you will, that it is untrue, then the person who told it to you is either ignorant or a liar?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree