North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 13:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Memorial commemoration in Bulgaria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy9lQjwwbEM

why?
    The name Carrobie?

On a serious note. People have been subjected to violence because of their religious, political or even football beliefs. Their gender, sexuality, ethnicity, race and who knows what else for probably as long as we have been on the planet.

People suck. As the late great Bill Hicks said -

We're just a virus with shoes.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '11 14:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The name Carrobie?

On a serious note. People have been subjected to violence because of their religious, political or even football beliefs. Their gender, sexuality, ethnicity, race and who knows what else for probably as long as we have been on the planet.

perhaps in the middle ages they could be forgiven for their ignorance, but in 2011? No
    excuses dear Noobster, none.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 11:45
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The name Carrobie?

What about this guy who works at the dvd store- He's got "humility" tattooed on one hand and "compassion" on the other. Clearly visible. I don't know the guy, but that sounds like a bit more than a 'virus with shoes' ...

Thoughts?
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 05:47

why?
    Doesn't the Holy Bible have the answer?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 06:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    Doesn't the Holy Bible have the answer?
    yes, it does, but others do not accept its testimony therefore i felt it better to leave the
    question to the readers own discernment 😉
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 09:54

why?
    Matthew 24:9
    “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.

This text is lifted is from the JW site: http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/mt/chapter_024.htm

The person speaking in the text is Jesus, it is HIS name he is referring to, not the name Jehovah as you are implying with your video link to Jehovah's Witnesses being persecuted. There is am important significance in that.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 10:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Matthew 24:9
    “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of [b]my name

This text is lifted is from the JW site: http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/mt/chapter_024.htm

The person speaking in the text is Jesus, it is HIS name he is referrin ...[text shortened]... ideo link to Jehovah's Witnesses being persecuted. There is am important significance in that.[/b]
    are we not also Christians? well then!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 11:151 edit
    are we not also Christians? well then!
    I'm not labelling anyone.

Your OP quoted the scripture about being persecuted for a name indicating that was the sole reason the Jehovah's Witnesses in the clip were being terribly abused. By implication of your organisational name and beliefs about the Godhead, you are stating that the persecution was for the name of Jehovah. I am questioning that as the scripture say we will be persecuted for the name of Jesus, not the name Jehovah.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 11:31

why?
    It could be worse, you could have been named JS357.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 11:55
    I'm not labelling anyone.

Your OP quoted the scripture about being persecuted for a name indicating that was the sole reason the Jehovah's Witnesses in the clip were being terribly abused. By implication of your organisational name and beliefs about the Godhead, you are stating that the persecution was for the name of Jehovah. I am questioning that as the scripture say we will be persecuted for the name of Jesus, not the name Jehovah.
    no it doesn't say anything about any names, other than quote a scripture that
    demonstrates that Christians would be persecuted because of Christ's name. In fact
    all my post states is that it is a memorial celebration in Bulgaria.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 11:56
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It could be worse, you could have been named JS357.
    LOL, JS357 is awesome!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 12:23
    no it doesn't say anything about any names, other than quote a scripture that
    demonstrates that Christians would be persecuted because of Christ's name. In fact
    all my post states is that it is a memorial celebration in Bulgaria.
    Ok sorry.

Where those Jehovah's Witnesses being persecuted because of the name of Jesus?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 12:50
    Ok sorry.

Where those Jehovah's Witnesses being persecuted because of the name of Jesus?
    Its hard to say, I dont speak Bulgarian and who knows what motives those persons
    had. I merely included the scripture in the title because it seemed to me to be a
    possibility.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 13:54
    I merely included the scripture in the title because it seemed to me to be a
    possibility.
    An unlikely one I would suggest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree