on homoseexuality

on homoseexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
06 Jan 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
it seems a perfectly logical to inquire why it is 'unnatural' to stick sum things up a bum but not others.

i eagerly wait a full and clear explanation, as I have the up-most confidence that you have fully thought this through and are in no way 'winging it' to fit with some weird hang-up.
That doesn't make any sense. To soil it with the appellation of logic is ludicrous. The Christian is under no duress to answer 'foolish questions' which produce naught but contention. Adios.

Moves
06 Jan 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
because its encouraging to note how we have grown, how many Bible studies we conduct, how many magazines are printed, how many languages our literature is available in, how many deaf sign language congregations there are, how many are baptised each day and to note if anyone has yet broken our world record for the distribution of a Book.
So is the reporting your hours worked is not mandatory then?

r

Moves
06 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
That's correct. It's all voluntary.
It does help though to show how the work is being done worldwide as Jesus Christ, our CEO (head of the Christian Congregation), wants.

r

Moves
06 Jan 15

Am I correct in saying you are repeating yourself? Did you think that was a particularly good question for some reason?
I don't see the connection between the question and the subject.

Moves
06 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by roigam
Am I correct in saying you are repeating yourself? Did you think that was a particularly good question for some reason?
I don't see the connection between the question and the subject.
Yes because robbie carrobie who I was posting to, chose not to respond.

Moves
06 Jan 15

It does help though to show how the work is being done worldwide as Jesus Christ, our CEO (head of the Christian Congregation), wants.
Let me be clear, because you are not; my question is about the "reporting" of the hours you work going door to door. This reporting of these hours is mandatory isn't it?

Moves
07 Jan 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
That doesn't make any sense. To soil it with the appellation of logic is ludicrous. The Christian is under no duress to answer 'foolish questions' which produce naught but contention. Adios.
cheerio, have fun at your next prostate screening exam (if you ask nicely he may use two fingers).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jan 15

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." -- Matthew 7:22-23, KJV

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
07 Jan 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
cheerio, have fun at your next prostate screening exam (if you ask nicely he may use two fingers).
Bum Fun

r

Moves
09 Jan 15

Let me be clear, because you are not; my question is about the "reporting" of the hours you work going door to door. This reporting of these hours is mandatory isn't it?
They are not mandatory. It is a voluntary work. We do report time spent witnessing to others so we know how widespread the work is being done and if particular parts of the world need more help. There are now over 90,000 Congregations worldwide.
btw I think I picked up another of your posts to someone else. If so, I apologize. Sometimes it is not clear to me who is being posted to. I am still learning. Is there some way I can tell who your post is directed to? sorry.

F

Moves
09 Jan 15

They are not mandatory. It is a voluntary work. We do report time spent witnessing to others so we know how widespread the work is being done and if particular parts of the world need more help.
So to be clear. Reporting the hours is "not mandatory", right?

r

Moves
09 Jan 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." -- Matthew 7:22-23, KJV
That's right! Just knowing and using Jesus' name is not enough.
We must "walk the walk" along with "talk the talk".
I notice Jesus said we must be, "...doing the will of my (his) Father who is in the heavens...".
If we don't learn his Father's (Jehovah's) will and do it, Jesus will cast us away.
Do you realize that the 1st thing Jesus taught us to pray for was,
(Matthew 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.
The same is true with what Jehovah says are bad ways of life (such as homosexuality).
He tells us that because He loves us and doesn't want us to be hurt.
So it is in our own best interests to do His will.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jan 15

That's right! Just knowing and using Jesus' name is not enough.
We must "walk the walk" along with "talk the talk".
I notice Jesus said we must be, "...doing the will of my (his) Father who is in the heavens...".
If we don't learn his Father's (Jehovah's) will and do it, Jesus will cast us away.
Do you realize that the 1st thing Jesus taught us to pray ...[text shortened]... He loves us and doesn't want us to be hurt.
So it is in our own best interests to do His will.
If you want a father figure, fine. Just don't be deluded all these pithy sayings came from a god.

If you think differently, just look at what happened in France. You think an omniscient god would allow that to happen? Or the 100 million people killed by despots in WW2? Not a peep from your god? Why is that? That is because there was no deity involved in the making of any human religion. Religion is human and nothing more.

So the pithy sayings might even help people, so be it, good for them. It certainly didn't help those victims in France or the 3000 on 9-11. Or the 100 MILLION in WW2.

You have to face it, either you are worshiping a non-existent god or this real god doesn't give a rats ass about the lives of people, no matter HOW many get killed.

r

Moves
12 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So to be clear. Reporting the hours is "not mandatory", right?
That is correct. At risk of repeating myself, it is a voluntary work meaning we do it on a voluntary basis. Jesus did command his followers to "preach and teach". His disciples reported to him (Luke 9:1, 2) Then he called the Twelve together and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them out to preach the Kingdom of God and to heal,
(Luke 9:10) When the apostles returned, they reported to Jesus all they had done.
Also, the Apostle Paul said, (Colossians 1:23) provided, of course, that you continue in the faith, established on the foundation and steadfast, not being shifted away from the hope of that good news that you heard and that was preached in all creation under heaven. Of this good news I, Paul, became a minister.
How could Paul know that the good news was preached in all creation unless the work was reported on?
So we follow that precedent and voluntarily report our work of preaching the "good news".
Does that clarify the matter for you?

F

Moves
13 Jan 15

That is correct. At risk of repeating myself, it is a voluntary work meaning we do it on a voluntary basis. [...] So we follow that precedent and voluntarily report our work of preaching the "good news".
Does that clarify the matter for you?
So your members do not have to report on whether they have gone from door to door or not if they choose not to?

A second question: Is a member who does not go door to door get treated exactly the same way by the elders and congregation as one who goes door to door and reports back?