on homoseexuality

on homoseexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Jan 15

Originally posted by roigam
That is correct. At risk of repeating myself, it is a voluntary work meaning we do it on a voluntary basis. Jesus did command his followers to "preach and teach". His disciples reported to him (Luke 9:1, 2) Then he called the Twelve together and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them out to preach the Kingdo ...[text shortened]... voluntarily report our work of preaching the "good news".
Does that clarify the matter for you?
yes its perfectly clear although I forewarn you that they are most often than not, not really interested in reason and sometimes are incapable even of rational thought.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Jan 15

Originally posted by galveston75
So anything goes with you? No rules on anything? Are you not aware that most laws, rules and common sence guidelines most countries and governments have put into laws are pretty much bible based?
Did you not understand what I just said? The bible and ALL religions are man made. There is a vast conspiracy alright, a conspiracy of intelligence.

It goes like this, the UFO version: The ancient pyramids in Egypt could not possibly have been built by men since they were too stupid to have ever designed such magnificent designs. THEREFORE, aliens exist and they came down to Earth to help early man design and build those pryamids.

And the religious version, men are WAY too stupid to have ever come up with the nice pithy sayings in the bible, the Kabbalah, the Quran., the Upanishads and so forth.

I am saying to you, ancient man was very creative, just as intelligent as ANYONE today and were all quite capable of writing ALL those books with no help from a deity.

Saying a deity was involved denigrates the inherent intelligence and creativity of mankind.

You one one hand think of mankind as the pinnacle of creation but on the other hand too stupid to have EVER written the works I mentioned.

Moves
13 Jan 15

Originally posted by josephw
Nobody is judging anyone. Wake up!

God judges and calls out homosexuality as a sin. You don't believe there is a God so you default to accusations of hate, which is hypocritical, and a pathetically immature obfuscation of the topic of discussion.
you...are judging people. you are taking the words of the bible, which on the subject of homosexuality are vague at best and you are choosing to give those words the meaning that you wish them to have.

there is not one line in the bible that says its a sin to be a homosexual.

y

Moves
16 Jan 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]you...are judging people. you are taking the words of the bible, which on the subject of homosexuality are vague at best and you are choosing to give those words the meaning that you wish them to have.

there is not one line in the bible that says its a sin to be a homosexual.[/b]
Sin seperates us from God, not just homosexuality but all.. sin is sin and it all seperates us from him. Don't be fooled, homosexuality is a sin.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6‬:‭9‬ ESV)

Just curious, is this vague? How would you interpret?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by yoctobyte
Sin seperates us from God, not just homosexuality but all.. sin is sin and it all seperates us from him. Don't be fooled, homosexuality is a sin.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6‬:‭9‬ ESV)

Just curious, is this vague? How would you interpret?
I interpret that as merely human words. A god could care less who sleeps with whom. Anyone who says otherwise is just one more of the billions of those duped by the originators of these religions. There was no god involved otherwise there would only be one religion. You can't just pull the free will card for this one. A god would not want thousands of religions where they use excuses from such a god to kill one another by the millions based on different religions.

You can't argue otherwise. To do so is simple pandering.
It is an indictment on the human race that they could be so gullible as to believe some desert addled fanatic who just ate too many mushrooms and then thought he was talking to God.

y

Moves
16 Jan 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
I interpret that as merely human words. A god could care less who sleeps with whom. Anyone who says otherwise is just one more of the billions of those duped by the originators of these religions. There was no god involved otherwise there would only be one religion. You can't just pull the free will card for this one. A god would not want thousands of relig ...[text shortened]... me desert addled fanatic who just ate too many mushrooms and then thought he was talking to God.
Excuse me please!

stellspalfie...

Whether or not you agree with the bible here is irrelevant. I have illustrated that the Bible does address 'homosexuality' as sin in not so vague terms is spite of what was suggested, that's all.

y

Moves
16 Jan 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
I interpret that as merely human words. A god could care less who sleeps with whom. Anyone who says otherwise is just one more of the billions of those duped by the originators of these religions. There was no god involved otherwise there would only be one religion. You can't just pull the free will card for this one. A god would not want thousands of relig ...[text shortened]... me desert addled fanatic who just ate too many mushrooms and then thought he was talking to God.
You can't just pull the free will card for this one

Why? Because you say so, that is exactly the reason, God is not coercing anybody into anything... it is totally about free will.

Look at it this way, as a parent...

What would you rather have...

1) Force your child to say I love you every night before bed?
or
2) Have your child say I love you every night before bed?

One is genuine one is not.

It is an indictment on the human race that they could be so gullible as to believe some desert addled fanatic who just ate too many mushrooms and then thought he was talking to God

You should give the human race a little more credit than you do, you are after all a part of it actually. You point a fairly judgmental finger in my opinion.

Moves
16 Jan 15

Excuse me please!

stellspalfie...

Whether or not you agree with the bible here is irrelevant. I have illustrated that the Bible does address 'homosexuality' as sin in not so vague terms is spite of what was suggested, that's all.
no, your bible translation is incorrect. in the passage, the word homosexual's correct translation is 'sodomite'.

y

Moves
16 Jan 15

no, your bible translation is incorrect. in the passage, the word homosexual's correct translation is 'sodomite'.
is there a difference?

Moves
16 Jan 15

is there a difference?
yes, sodomite refers to a person who partakes in a specific sexual act. lots of heterosexual men are also sodomites, just as lots of homosexual men are not 'sodomites'.

y

Moves
16 Jan 15

yes, sodomite refers to a person who partakes in a specific sexual act. lots of heterosexual men are also sodomites, just as lots of homosexual men are not 'sodomites'.
what makes a man a homosexual then if he is not a sodomite?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jan 15

is there a difference?
What difference does it make if the bible condemns or not? It is a 3000 year old historical document not a missive from a god. It just says what people thought back then. And still do in some countries today.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Jan 15

What about homosexuals who are a 'she'?

Moves
16 Jan 15

a homosexual is a person who is sexually attracted to the same sex.

it is possible to be a homosexual without being a sodomite.

it is possible to be heterosexual and a sodomite.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jan 15

a homosexual is a person who is sexually attracted to the same sex.

it is possible to be a homosexual without being a sodomite.

it is possible to be heterosexual and a sodomite.
And it sounds like you are a homophobe to be obsessing over the issue.