1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 19:11
    (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
    If you believe the Bible, h. is morally not acceptable and any who practice it are disqualified from inheriting the Kingdom.
    Some say, "I was born this way."
    It is true any could be born with a tendency to be h. It does not mean that they have to give in to that tendency.
    I was born going to the bathroom in a diaper but I learned better and after a while I used a toilet.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 19:29
    Originally posted by roigam
    (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what so ...[text shortened]... s born going to the bathroom in a diaper but I learned better and after a while I used a toilet.
    It's friggin' Christmas. Put the hatred away for just this one day, would ya?
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 19:34
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    It's friggin' Christmas. Put the hatred away for just this one day, would ya?
    No hatred involved. Just an opportunity to consider what the Bible says on the subject. I spent 35 years in Hollywood and have seen people change their ways because the word of God is alive and exerts power.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 19:464 edits
    The following addresses the words shown in the OP's translation as "homosexuality" and "homosexuals". Once again bigotry / ignorance rears its ugly head on RHP.

The end result of a lot of research is simply that – in spite of a lot of claims – the meaning of arsenokoites is obscure. One prominent investigator of the meaning of arsenokoites, Dale Martin of Yale University comments, “I should be clear about my claims here. I am not claiming to know what arsenokoites meant, I am claiming that no one knows what it meant.”
    Not many others are so humble; most have their favorite candidates for its meaning and, in the case of anti-gays, the meaning is confidently given as something akin to ‘(practicing) homosexual’ (variations on this theme depend on the writer’s political leanings). All such translations betray a serious ignorance – often intentional – of both ancient Greek and the culture in which the word was used; and they also basically reveal an entrenched political position – nothing more.

Pasted from <http://www.stjohnsmcc.org/new/BibleAbuse/Arsenokoites.php>

The word malakos was simply not the same as effeminate with its current homosexual stereotype overtones. Feminine, or womanly, perhaps, along with some less complimentary adjectives; but not effeminate. Early versions of the Bible in English translated malakos as a general weakness of character or degeneracy (weaklings, wantons); however, with the translation that was named for King James, the dominant translation shifted to effeminate, where it stayed until the mid-20th century. Thereafter, purely out of sexual ideology, the translation has shifted to particular sexual acts/orientation. There is no more evidence to support this shift than there was the earlier one to effeminate.

That some people persist in insisting that both of these words condemn homosexuality despite some clear evidence to the contrary is driven by an ideological interest in marginalizing gay/lesbian people rather than devotion to religion or any sort of accurate translation. And any attempt to stake an ethical position based on the Bible as the “word of God” without explicitly acknowledging the intermediacy of a translator exposes the speaker not so much as insecure but rather as at best ignorant and thoroughly lacking in credibility.

Pasted from <http://www.stjohnsmcc.org/new/BibleAbuse/Malakos.php>

5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 20:231 edit
    No hatred involved. Just an opportunity to consider what the Bible says on the subject. I spent 35 years in Hollywood and have seen people change their ways because the word of God is alive and exerts power.
    Is there something in the Bible that can help you change your ways?
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 21:06
    (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what so ...[text shortened]... s born going to the bathroom in a diaper but I learned better and after a while I used a toilet.
    actually, somebody forced you to wear the diaper.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 21:29
    Back up there a sec.... You have seen God's power because you spent 35 years in Hollywood?

Heck no wonder I don't know this power, my last 35 years were spent on the wrong continent 😛
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Dec '14 00:35
    As I said in another thread, it's intolerance of others that will lead you down the wide path.

What does the Bible say about those who judge others? Will they inherit the Kingdom of God?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Dec '14 03:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As I said in another thread, it's intolerance of others that will lead you down the wide path.

What does the Bible say about those who judge others? Will they inherit the Kingdom of God?
    When we judge others we must keep in mind that we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 4:23).
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Dec '14 06:21
    Separate your verses from you questions.

What did you do in Hollywood?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '14 12:50
    nobody sane believes the bible. and sane christians understand you must pick and choose what parts you want to believe (the ones that aren't filled with hate)

so yes, go away. not because it's christmas. just go away
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Dec '14 13:05
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    nobody sane believes the bible. and sane christians understand you must pick and choose what parts you want to believe (the ones that aren't filled with hate)

so yes, go away. not because it's christmas. just go away
    "nobody sane believes the bible."

Ignorant thing to say.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Dec '14 13:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne

"What does the Bible say about those who judge others?"

What does the Bible say about homosexuality? It's not judging others to point out what the Bible says about sodomy. The Word of God as it is contained in the Bible is the final authority on all matters of life and living. Intolerance of sin is not about judging the person, but the act of sin.

Too bad folks can't separate the two. Saying that someone hates another just because sin is called out for what the Bible says it is is an ignorant thing to do. After all Suzianne sin is what separates a man from the love of God.

It is out of love that a believer in the truth of God calls sin out for what it is.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '14 14:562 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"What does the Bible say about those who judge others?"

What does the Bible say about homosexuality? It's not judging others to point out what the Bible says about sodomy. The Word of God as it is contained in the Bible is the final authority on all matters of life and living. Intolerance of sin is not about judging the person, but the act of sin. ...[text shortened]... e of God.

It is out of love that a believer in the truth of God calls sin out for what it is.[/b]
    Like a real deity would give a crap who sleeps with whom. What crock of shyte to judge people based on religious verses.
    How about judging them based on how they live their lives, like are they compassionate or generous or are they just asssholes not considering if they are gay or not?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Dec '14 15:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Like a real deity would give a crap who sleeps with whom. What crock of shyte to judge people based on religious verses.
    How about judging them based on how they live their lives, like are they compassionate or generous or are they just asssholes not considering if they are gay or not?
    Nobody is judging anyone. Wake up!

God judges and calls out homosexuality as a sin. You don't believe there is a God so you default to accusations of hate, which is hypocritical, and a pathetically immature obfuscation of the topic of discussion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree