1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 09:22
    The Edict of Thessalonica (also known as Cunctos populos),
    issued on 27 February AD 380
    (As instructed by god presumably?)

This was the beginning of the end for all other Christian religions.
    (And there were many!)

But for the whim of a few men today could look very different ...
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 01:14
    @wolfgang59 said

(And there were many!)

It is worth noting that Emperor Constantius II was an anti-Nicene Emperor that would persecute those who embraced the Nicene creed.

His son, Emperor Julian the Apostate, was even worse. But something tells me that many peopel who would even call themselves Christians today would actually go to the bat for this guy because of their concept of religious tolerance.

What sort of Christian are you -- or are you cheering for, Wolfgang?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 12:14
    @wolfgang59 said

(And there were many!)

Matthew 7:15
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Ravening - extortioners

Sheep eat grass. Wolves eat sheep. That's how one can tell the difference. As the apostle Paul said in Acts 20:29,30, "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them."

Heretics are everywhere.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 09:361 edit
    @SecondSon said;
    Heretics are everywhere.

Sonship says I’m a heretic so I guess he believes I’m not a Christian and deserving of being burnt alive in Hell.
    He also believes (I presume from reading his church’s statement of belief) that if one is not a trinitarian one cannot be a Christian and therefore fit for burning in Hell

So despite my faith, I’m screwed according to sonship.

Edit: you also think I’m a heretic, don’t you?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 13:421 edit
    @divegeester said
    @SecondSon said;
    Heretics are everywhere.

Sonship says I’m a heretic so I guess he believes I’m not a Christian and deserving of being burnt alive in Hell.
    He also believes (I presume from reading his church’s statement of belief) that if one is not a trinitarian one cannot be a Christian and therefore fit for burning in Hell

So despite my faith, I’m screwed according to sonship.

Edit: you also think I’m a heretic, don’t you?
    When one is "born again" certain supernatural things occur in the believer that the believer is neither cognizant of nor contributes to.

The "regeneration" of the human spirit, which was dead, is accomplished by an act of God.

A number of things happen at the moment one is "saved". Not limited to, but initially, the Holy Spirit baptizes the believer "into Christ", and "seals" that one "unto the day of redemption".

Ones body becomes the "temple of the Holy Ghost", literally making the heart of that man the "temple of God".

Through the process of "sanctification" the Holy Spirit teaches the believer, in his spirit, by the Word of God, what the Word of God means by what it says.

The Holy Spirit isn't teaching and revealing the truth of God's Word differently to one believer and another.

It is the Word of God that identifies what is heresy and who is a heretic. As Spirit filled believers we merely see and understand how heresy is manifested in the world in general, and in individuals in particular by the truth of God's Word.

As Jesus said, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

It's all in the Bible. Heretics are everywhere, and so are fruit inspectors.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 13:48
    @SecondSon said

Does one of the fruits sound like when you called me an a-hole?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 14:20
    @divegeester said
    @SecondSon said

Does one of the fruits sound like when you called me an a-hole?
    Aren't you though?

The fruit of your posting pattern and your execrations of Christians posting in this forum is the evidence.

You do it habitually. I'm just being a realist and calling the spade a spade.

You don't know it yet, but you will. You're a complete fail relative to civil discourse by your insistence on deflecting from the topic of discussion and your continuous execrations against Christians posting in this forum.

Your fruit is rotten.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 14:26
    @secondson said
    Aren't you though?

The fruit of your posting pattern and your execrations of Christians posting in this forum is the evidence.

You do it habitually. I'm just being a realist and calling the spade a spade.

You don't know it yet, but you will. You're a complete fail relative to civil discourse by your insistence on deflecting from the topic of discussion and your continuous execrations against Christians posting in this forum.

Your fruit is rotten.
    Yes yes, I know you don’t like me and I know you’re upset and flexing your spiritual muscles...

My question to you Joseph, is does one of the fruits of the spirit sound like you calling me an a-hole?
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 14:50
    @divegeester said
    Yes yes, I know you don’t like me and I know you’re upset and flexing your spiritual muscles...

My question to you Joseph, is does one of the fruits of the spirit sound like you calling me an a-hole?
    Didn't say it was.

Why don't you quit whining about whether I like you or not. It's getting old.

My question to you is, when will you start referencing a biblical worldview with regards to the topics of discussion relative to spiritual truth as prescribed in the Bible?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 14:531 edit
    @secondson said
    Didn't say it was.
    Why don't you quit whining about whether I like you or not. It's getting old.
    You’re spouting your blowhardy tough church guy on the internet pomp about the fruits of the spirit and yet here in this forum you call people you don’t like a-holes.

How much credibility do you think you have with Wolfgang59?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 14:54
    @secondson said
    My question to you is, when will you start referencing a biblical worldview with regards to the topics of discussion relative to spiritual truth as prescribed in the Bible?
    I do this all the time in here and have been for about 10 years.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 15:07
    @divegeester said
    You’re spouting your blowhardy tough church guy on the internet pomp about the fruits of the spirit and yet here in this forum you call people you don’t like a-holes.

How much credibility do you think you have with Wolfgang59?
    I see you're upset and angry now. Take some Valium and calm down.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 15:13
    @divegeester said
    I do this all the time in here and have been for about 10 years.
    Then why did you fail to address the points I made in the 5th post from the top?

Instead you focused on a single statement and subsequently began to deflect from the topic and deride me.

You must be very insecure indeed.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 15:18
    @secondson said
    I see you're upset and angry now. Take some Valium and calm down.
    Oh dear.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '19 15:211 edit
    @secondson said
    Then why did you fail to address the points I made in the 5th post from the top?

Instead you focused on a single statement and subsequently began to deflect from the topic and deride me.

You must be very insecure indeed.
    I think you’re a right-wing religious blowhard hypocrite who was attacking Wolfgang59 by posting supercilious snooty waffle at an atheist in a vain attempt to show off your “spiritually muscles” on the internet in front of your forum buddies.

In my opinion you cheapened the text you quoted and brought the scripture into disrespect.

So I called you on it. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree