1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 01:11
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Here are some things to consider:

Seems to me that we the claim that Paul was given a "divine commission from Christ" basically boils down to a claim made by Paul himself. You should ask yourself how much you can trust a guy who, by his own admission, hasn't been freed from his slavery to sin.

Can Paul truly have been divinely inspired in light of ...[text shortened]... eed from the slavery of committing sin. Jesus states that His true disciples would be.
    so now you are trying to undermine my faith in the ancient record, sorry but i don't do apostasy - end of story for you cya.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 01:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so now you are trying to undermine my faith in the ancient record, sorry but i don't do apostasy - end of story for you cya.
    It's unfortunate that so many choose to follow the teachings of others rather than the teachings of Jesus. The world would be a much better place if everyone followed the teachings of Jesus.

You might want to consider why you been unable to provide a reasonable argument against what I have posted.

The truth will make you free.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 01:242 edits
    It's unfortunate that so many choose to follow the teachings of others rather than the teachings of Jesus. The world would be a much better place if everyone followed the teachings of Jesus.

You might want to consider why you been unable to provide a reasonable argument against what I have posted.

The truth will make you free.
    the ancient record, the very source, which Christ himself stated , 'Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth, (gods word is truth, the bible is truth), john 17;17 so who are we to believe you or Christ?

whats wrong did the verse totally refute yore nonsensical babbling, well mess with the word and that's what you get! you aught to be ashamed of yourself, calling yourself a christian, trying to insinuate that other don't believe in god when you yourself do not even believe in scripture which is inspired of god, 2 timothy 2; 3 16,17, 'all scripture is inspired of god', so enough of your bilge, you're a fake, believe what you want but as for me, i will have nothing more to say to you for quite clearly youre own opinions carry greater weight than does the word of god!
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 01:329 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the ancient record, the very source, which Christ himself stated , 'Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth, (gods word is truth, the bible is truth), john 17;17[b] so who are we to believe you or Christ?

whats wrong did the verse totally refute yore nonsensical babbling, well mess with the word and that's what you get! you o you for quite clearly youre own opinions carry greater weight than does the word of god![/b]
    It matters not if you believe me. Why do you not believe Jesus?

God is truth. Jesus is truth. But not everything in the Bible is truth. Read the Sermon on the Mount.

The words of Jesus is truth here as well:
    John 8:32-36
    So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."... "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

Since it is truth, you have no argument against it. Why is it that you don't address it directly, but instead try to make it about anything but?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 16:221 edit

God is truth. Jesus is truth. But not everything in the Bible is truth. Read the Sermon on the Mount.

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and hy is it that you don't address it directly, but instead try to make it about anything but?
    =======================================
    So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."... "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

Since it is truth, you have no argument against it. Why is it that you don't address it directly, but instead try to make it about anything but?
    ==========================================

So if the sinner is sanctified and transformed to be freed from sin then he remains in the house forever.

In fact he is a part of the house of God.

"He who overcomes, him, I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of heaven from My God, and My new name." (Rev. 3:12,13)

Isn't it interesting that Christ will make the overcoming being a pillar in the temple of His God? That means he is a organic part of the house of God.

This is what transformation does, secure us in the house of God so that we go out no more.
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 17:43

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and ...[text shortened]... hy is it that you don't address it directly, but instead try to make it about anything but?
    God is truth. Jesus is truth.
    --------------------------ToO--------------------------------

Openly declare your belief that the Father God actually exists and is active in this world as Jesus said he was.

Then and only then will anyone take you seriously , because until you are open about your beliefs no-one is going to trust you.

Personally , I think you are a fake. Prove me wrong - I dare you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree